12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 25, 2018, 4:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from ginnywings
He won't be getting any more of my money either. He's a cheapskate who promises the earth and never delivers. Hurst repeated last night that he is now working with honest people pulling in the same direction.

Same here, JF won't be getting any more of my money........you reap what you sow.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 114
Jaws
March 25, 2018, 4:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I think we are down now, and this afternoon feels similar to that day at Burton for me.

5 points in the last 18 games equates to 2 points in the remaining 7 to play. 39 points won't keep us up, we need another 10 points - which would have to be at least 3 wins. There's not even a faint glimmer of hope in this lot - the fact Barnet, who have been dead and buried for months, have got 3x as many points as us in the last 100 days tells us enough.

Time for Fenty to show some anger and some fight, terminate a few contracts. It won't achieve anything financially, with the wage-bill, but he may as well limit the impact on the gate receipts if we had a leader that didn't take no excrement and said enough is enough.

If we miraculously stay up - and he spouts the same old rhetoric about a "play-off/promotion push next season" then I shan't be bothering next season as he's clearly learnt nothing. Even if we stay up, there needs to be fireworks in that boardroom this summer - you don't serve a six year prison sentence to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Some clubs would give their left arm for the support we have. Dare I say Mr Fenty, you are "spoilt"
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 114
petethemariner
March 25, 2018, 4:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Sadly I feel the Chesterfield result  will send us down, other teams around us are rallying and showing a bit of fight whilst we seem incapable of even scoring, let alone winning.
The fact that this will mean it has happened twice in 8 years is an absolute disgrace and the fault is entirely Fenty's, his refusal to remove his hopeless mate Slade and equally culpable Wilkinson (who unbelievably is still at the club) until after the transfer window is beyond forgiveable and Fenty should hang his head in shame ( although his  over inflated ego won't allow that)
Just go Fenty and don't darken the doors of GTFC again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 114
Cloudy
March 25, 2018, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Jaws
I think we are down now, and this afternoon feels similar to that day at Burton for me.

5 points in the last 18 games equates to 2 points in the remaining 7 to play. 39 points won't keep us up, we need another 10 points - which would have to be at least 3 wins. There's not even a faint glimmer of hope in this lot - the fact Barnet, who have been dead and buried for months, have got 3x as many points as us in the last 100 days tells us enough.

Time for Fenty to show some anger and some fight, terminate a few contracts. It won't achieve anything financially but he may as well limit the impact on the gate receipts if we had a leader that didn't take no excrement and said enough is enough.

If we miraculously stay up - and he spouts the same old rhetoric about a "play-off/promotion push next season" then I shan't be bothering next season as he's clearly learnt nothing. Even if we stay up, there needs to be fireworks in that boardroom this summer - you don't serve a six year prison sentence to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Some clubs would give their left arm for the support we have. Dare I say Mr Fenty, you are "spoilt"

There is nothing that Fenty can do other than writing off his loans and stepping away from the club.

IF that were to happen I would buy my season ticket like I have for over 20 years BUT I don't expect it too and as it stands I feel like many others. I'm finished with GTFC not because we are shite but because of John Fenty
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 114
March 25, 2018, 4:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Chesterfield are making them look useless, we'll make them look like world beaters.

You really do talk sh1te.  I hope you are eating your words by the end of the season.

Reply: 84 - 114
RonMariner
March 25, 2018, 4:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,666
Gold Stars: 226
Football is a results game. At least for managers. So why not for owners?

Does Fenty have what it takes to run a successful league club? We let's look at the last four league seasons and see what the results tell us.

2008-09. 22nd place, 41 points. Relegation avoided only because Luton had a 30 point deduction. On the field of play we were the second worse team in England.
2009-10. Relegated.44 points. Second worse team in England.
2016-17. Finished 14th.
2017-18  Looking like relegation again.

During these four seasons we have had 7 managers!

Draw your own conclusions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 114
ginnywings
March 25, 2018, 4:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from petethemariner
Sadly I feel the Chesterfield result  will send us down, other teams around us are rallying and showing a bit of fight whilst we seem incapable of even scoring, let alone winning.
The fact that this will mean it has happened twice in 8 years is an absolute disgrace and the fault is entirely Fenty's, his refusal to remove his hopeless mate Slade and equally culpable Wilkinson (who unbelievably is still at the club) until after the transfer window is beyond forgiveable and Fenty should hang his head in shame ( although his  over inflated ego won't allow that)
Just go Fenty and don't darken the doors of GTFC again.

It's already happened twice. This will be the third. We got away with the first one. Also, the worst winless runs in our history have all been in recent times.

Wow! When you write it down, it's staggering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 114
mariner91
March 25, 2018, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,630
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Cloudy

There is nothing that Fenty can do other than writing off his loans and stepping away from the club.

IF that were to happen I would buy my season ticket like I have for over 20 years BUT I don't expect it too and as it stands I feel like many others. I'm finished with GTFC not because we are shite but because of John Fenty

This in spades. I don't mind us being shite, we've been shite through most of the years I've supported Town cause I started going in 1999. I would support Town in whatever division they're in. But Fenty clearly believes he's bigger than the club, he's such an egotistical wanker that he refuses to give up his stranglehold on the club to the detriment of everyone else. If he had any humility at all he'd accept that the multitude of horrendous errors he's made and the fact he has failed to learn from past mistakes means he should write off at least a significant percentage of his loans. But he won't because he's a narcissist with a God complex. I'll return to BP when we're Grimsby Town FC again, not John Fenty FC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 114
Vance Warner
March 25, 2018, 4:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Afraid I'll have to add my name to the list of people who won't go again if we go down unless Fenty leaves the club. I'm at an age where I've got other priorities and can't justify wasting time, money and emotions on a club that is only set up to suit one person's agenda.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 114
OllieGTFC
March 25, 2018, 4:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Well out of business we go

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield v Notts thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.