mariner91
March 25, 2018, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from GrimRob

You should read my posts more carefully. I was suggesting the prices were wrong. I actually recommended betting on us at 50/1 and 40/1. I still think we are very good value at anything better than Evens. We've been consistently overpriced all season to go down. We were over 100/1 at one stage. For all that the run we're on is a Black Swan Event, something you'd only expect to see once in a hundred years. The points total this year to stay up is going to be ridicuolously low. We would have been much longer odds had the bookies known the actual points total that will eventually be required.

But once every 5 seasons under Fenty on average!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 114
MeanwoodMariner
March 25, 2018, 5:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from GrimRob

You should read my posts more carefully. I was suggesting the prices were wrong. I actually recommended betting on us at 50/1 and 40/1. I still think we are very good value at anything better than Evens. We've been consistently overpriced all season to go down. We were over 100/1 at one stage. For all that the run we're on is a Black Swan Event, something you'd only expect to see once in a hundred years. The points total this year to stay up is going to be ridicuolously low.

I'm absolutely staggered that we're still a longer price than Chesterfield to go down. We've scored 2 goals from open play in 10 games. Chesterfield have just wiped the floor with a promotion chasing side. I can't get my head around how anyone could think we've more chance of staying up than they have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 114
GrimRob
March 25, 2018, 5:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'm absolutely staggered that we're still a longer price than Chesterfield to go down. We've scored 2 goals from open play in 10 games. Chesterfield have just wiped the floor with a promotion chasing side. I can't get my head around how anyone could think we've more chance of staying up than they have.

According to the bookies (and no this doesn't mean this I what I think will happen) Barnet have a 86% chance of being relegated, Chesterfield a 71% chance and us only 31%. It's just been wrong for weeks. In my mind we're probably around 60%.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 102 - 114
nightrider
March 25, 2018, 5:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
We must be heading for a record - worst 2nd half of a season ever. Can't be many teams who go 25 games without a win? Remember Millwall being top at Xmas and then being relegated. I don't think they were winless though

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 114
lew chaterleys lover
March 25, 2018, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from GrimRob

You should read my posts more carefully. I was suggesting the prices were wrong. I actually recommended betting on us at 50/1 and 40/1. I still think we are very good value at anything better than Evens. We've been consistently overpriced all season to go down. We were over 100/1 at one stage. For all that the run we're on is a Black Swan Event, something you'd only expect to see once in a hundred years. The points total this year to stay up is going to be ridicuolously low. We would have been much longer odds had the bookies known the actual points total that will eventually be required.

The bookies know no more than you or I. The odds just represent the current standings and I have no idea why you often refer to them. It has no bearing whatsoever on the actual outcome.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 114
ginnywings
March 25, 2018, 5:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

If we start winning a few and we are in the top 6 or 7 by Christmas and in with a chance of getting back into the league you and all the other 'never agains' will be back

Its a disease you can't just get it out of the system that  easily

You managed it didn't you? How many games have you been to this season? Last season? The non league years? Don't single me out to tell me how i feel and what i will do. I'm not talking relegation either, i'm talking about not supporting this board any more, no matter what division we are in next season. The things that have come out of the club this season are beyond sh1t football. The club stinks and the board are smug, arrogant individuals who have taken us for granted way too long and don't deserve our support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 114
Abdul19
March 25, 2018, 5:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from nightrider
We must be heading for a record - worst 2nd half of a season ever. Can't be many teams who go 25 games without a win? Remember Millwall being top at Xmas and then being relegated. I don't think they were winless though

And to do it twice in 8 years is really something.

I think York didn't win any of their last 20 when they went down (the first time).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 114
Cloudy
March 25, 2018, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings

You managed it didn't you? How many games have you been to this season? Last season? The non league years? Don't single me out to tell me how i feel and what i will do. I'm not talking relegation either, i'm talking about not supporting this board any more, no matter what division we are in next season. The things that have come out of the club this season are beyond sh1t football. The club stinks and the board are smug, arrogant individuals who have taken us for granted way too long and don't deserve our support.

I'm with you Ginny.

It doesn't mater what division we are in next season, unless there is significant change at the top of the club I will not renew my season ticket. Once that happens I doubt I will be back

The other side of the coin is that if Fenty left and no longer had a stranglehold on the club I would buy a s/t whatever level we are at.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 114
Marinerz93
March 25, 2018, 5:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I've felt for a few weeks now that we are destined for the drop, the lack of action before the transfer window, that lack of quality being brought in during the transfer window, the excuses of over inflated prices for players, and ultimately giving someone more time when they clearly didn't deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt almost criminal. Fenty says he is a fan, the situation we find ourselves with Fenty at the helm waiting on football fortune without doing something to attract that football fortune smacks of reactive not proactive, a man who has delivered the worst teams, the most windless runs and most unattractive football and comes out with crap like he doesn't want to devalue the product. Fenty you are out of your depth and have been since you took over, fair enough you had a go as you put your cash in but you haven't invested anything for the last 5 years, enough is enough, you are killing this club, employ someone who can run the club, Accrington are doing it, sort it out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 114
GrimRob
March 25, 2018, 5:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113

The bookies know no more than you or I. The odds just represent the current standings and I have no idea why you often refer to them. It has no bearing whatsoever on the actual outcome.

Two reasons. 1) they give an objective assessment of where things stand, it's all about probabilities, and football is a game of chance. 2) because they are frequently wrong, largely due to people over backing the status quo (i.e. the big clubs will always come good). I always follow a few markets very closely. When I backed Leicester at 2000/1 it was after 10 games and they were around 6th I think. I backed Shrewsbury this year to get promoted at around 66/1 and they were in the top 4 at the time if I recall! These days I seem to make more money on the long-term markets than I do on betting on individual matches.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 109 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield v Notts thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.