Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets have a dose of reality shall we!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 345 Guests

Lets have a dose of reality shall we!

This thread currently has 4,986 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
March 24, 2018, 9:11pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Let's all be honest here -  nobody expected us to get anything from Lincoln or Coventry away. The real test, and the on that will ultimately save or condemn us is the home games vs Stevenage, Chesterfield, & and Barnet and the away fixture at Forest Green. Those are the important games and ones we HAVE to gain points from. If we do that then we'll be playing league football next season.

Despite the last couple of results, which I actually think have flattered the opposition somewhat, I've seen enough from MJ to think he can get the couple of wins that are needed. Take Lincoln and Coventry games, we played well in spells and were undone by errors bourne out of a lack of confidence IMO. Call it rose tinted specs, and call it blind optimism, call it what you will but I still genuinly believe there is enough quality in this squad to beat the teams mentioned above.

This HAS to start against a confidence-depleted and out-of-form Stevenage side on Good Friday. IF we can get that first win, I think that will be the start of a more positive future under Michael Jolley.

It's the hope that kills you as they say but that's all we have left!  

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
March 24, 2018, 9:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I'm good for reality thanks - I was at the Ricoh for two hours this afternoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Mighty_Mariner
March 24, 2018, 9:21pm
Pontoonite
As was I Rodley!

So do we just roll over and give up with 7 games and 21 points to play for?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Rodley Mariner
March 24, 2018, 9:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
No I agree with you. The 'we're already down' stuff is bullshit. We're still 6 points clear even if Chesterfield have games in hand. We can absolutely still stay up but we need to find something fast before next Friday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
GrimRob
March 24, 2018, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
No I agree with you. The 'we're already down' stuff is bullshit. We're still 6 points clear even if Chesterfield have games in hand. We can absolutely still stay up but we need to find something fast before next Friday.

If Chesterfield lose tomorrow we're not much worse off than a couple of games ago. Our fate is more or less in our own hands still. Two wins at BP might well be enough, three hopefully will be .

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 27
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2018, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob

If Chesterfield lose tomorrow we're not much worse off than a couple of games ago. Our fate is more or less in our own hands still. Two wins at BP might well be enough, three hopefully will be .

A goal feels like a big ask at the moment.

If Chesterfield win their 2 games in hand we have real problems

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
denni266
March 24, 2018, 9:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
If fenty stays we will have more problems
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Badger57
March 24, 2018, 9:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from GrimRob

Unfortunately,  I have a really strong gut feeling that Chesterfield will win tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Mighty_Mariner
March 24, 2018, 9:54pm
Pontoonite
My calculations, even if Chesterfield win all 3 games (very doubtful), if we beat them at BP then we will only be separated by goal difference. However unbelievable,  given our run, it IS still in our hands and will all come down to 3 or 4 cup final against teams in the bottom 6

We CAN do this!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
chaos33
March 24, 2018, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
How about Barnet?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets have a dose of reality shall we!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.