Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two things....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 277 Guests

Two things....

This thread currently has 2,185 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
MarshMariner
March 24, 2018, 7:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
We desperately need to all pull together to try and get us over the line...

Easier said then done... but I think it would help if Mr Fenty, came out and acknowledged the "board's" (ineptitude) part for the problems we now face as a club.

Normally its best that Mr Fenty says nothing, but something needs to be done to address the elephant in the room and for me it would be a good starting point.

From there the club need to work with the local press and organise a Operation Survival campaign, starting with admission for a £5 and kids for £1.. appreciate its going to cost the club money, but so is relegation.  We need everyone at the ground to support the "Team", and given what has been served up this season, something needs to comeback from the club and the onus is with them....
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
March 24, 2018, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MarshMariner
We desperately need to all pull together to try and get us over the line...

Easier said then done... but I think it would help if Mr Fenty, came out and acknowledged the "board's" (ineptitude) part for the problems we now face as a club.

Normally its best that Mr Fenty says nothing, but something needs to be done to address the elephant in the room and for me it would be a good starting point.

From there the club need to work with the local press and organise a Operation Survival campaign, starting with admission for a £5 and kids for £1.. appreciate its going to cost the club money, but so is relegation.  We need everyone at the ground to support the "Team", and given what has been served up this season, something needs to comeback from the club and the onus is with them....

He wont say that....and even if by some miracle he did say that ...you could bet a pound to a penny there would still be a potshot in the same statement.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
ginnywings
March 24, 2018, 7:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Only the manager and players can save us now. I don't think it matters how many are at the game to be honest. Just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
promotion plaice
March 24, 2018, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Operation pack the park..........I'd be happy for every home fan to get in free to lift the numbers and to back the team now, and I'm a season ticket holder.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
davmariner
March 24, 2018, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
We could have a million fans at the game but it wouldn’t change the fact that the players are shite.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
ginnywings
March 24, 2018, 7:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Although i agree with pp. Wouldn't bother me if they threw open the gates and let anyone in for free, if they think it might help. Don't think it will but who knows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
MarshMariner
March 24, 2018, 7:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Agree and understand all your thoughts, but trying to be as united as possible (even if we are brushing it under the carpet, we can deal with that in the close season) has to be better then everyone pulling in different directions..

I suppose that is what Mr Jolley is advocating...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
moosey_club
March 24, 2018, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings
Although i agree with pp. Wouldn't bother me if they threw open the gates and let anyone in for free, if they think it might help. Don't think it will but who knows?

didnt end too well the last time they did that, the Port Vale lads ran in and started scrapping  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
RoboCod
March 24, 2018, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
He should stay in hiding. He only ever breaks cover when things are going ok or if he has ammunition to throw at the fans. There's nothing he can say that would help right now.
I'm making the effort to get me and my lad down to BP on Friday but I'm going in spite of Non-Chairman Fenty, not because of him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
chaos33
March 24, 2018, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
What does it matter what Fenty says? How would it help? I agree with Davmariner - a million fans at BP won't save us when the squad is as sh1te as it is. Loads of fans at Lincoln and nearly a thousand today. What good did it do? Nish.

Slade's squad is cr@p and JF sanctioned it. Jolley has to get something out if it. All the fans in the world  won't change that, or save us.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two things....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.