5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 24, 2018, 4:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
You should be ashamed. I couldnt give a excrement if i get bollocked for this, the one bit of joy ive had in my time supporting town was wembley 16 when we got back to the EFL. You and the board with your penny pinching your cost cutting your hopeless appointment and pesistance with slade and wilkinson. 2 fuckwits who havent a clue. Its over John, we are finished. The fans have gone. Noone NOONE believes we are staying up. The feeble “ stick with us” issued out by the drones each week, we dont want to flipping hear it.  We’ve had it, we’ve had enough. No matter if we do stay up, do you really think the fans are gonna come flooding back? You’ve ruined everything we achieved through promotion. And when we go down next month John, believe me, you wont see me or 2000 others back, because you dont deserve us, we are taken for granted, treated like excrement, and for what? For our team to be humiliated week in week out. Had enough. intercourse me i pray we can survive, i really do, but its not happening. This time john, we wont come back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ackomariner
March 24, 2018, 5:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Can't see you getting bollocked for speaking the truth.
Truth hurts sometimes....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
louth_in_the_south
March 24, 2018, 5:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
listening to Dave burns try and wind Dave Smith into saying something against the regime was painful . You could tell he wanted to but didn’t have the bollox to .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
Heisenberg
March 24, 2018, 5:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
There’s no point in giving up. Massive games coming up against teams who ain’t great. We’ve got to hope for a miracle, although it’s looking impossible.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
dapperz fun pub
March 24, 2018, 5:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
The clubs fuckd really fuckd probably the fishy will be forced to close when the outpouring of grief really kicks in .. tbh I’m past caring I have to accept and have accepted we are shitee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
denni266
March 24, 2018, 5:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Fenty has gone awall for the last few weeks.. hiding are we john.....you should go now  forget about the 2 mill  and give us another 2 mill to sort the mess you have done to this once proud club,, get your 1960`s polo shirt and jacket  get in your outdated car and pi$$ off for good,, we dont want or need you fluffing up our club  not yours any more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
Lincspoacher
March 24, 2018, 5:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +274
Gold Stars: 15
7 points clear of a team equally as bad.

yes it’s dire but we won’t go down.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
Bigdog
March 24, 2018, 5:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
There's no need to panic. A real football man said a while ago that this team has got 20 points in it by the end of the season..

Well we've secured one point since then and there's seven games left..

So we're definitely going to win six and draw one as it's the only permutation to get to twenty points..

Sound footballing judgement John, sound footballing judgement..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
bluerose13x
March 24, 2018, 5:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
I first walked through the turnstiles as a wide eyed 9 year old under Buckley 1 in 1990.

What joy do I get from this club now? None. I've given up. I feel nothing  for the garbage we have now. I'm struggling to even use my season ticket I've paid for already to go to the last couple of home games. Even if we somehow stay up, I don't give a flying excrement about renewing.

As far as I'm concerned Grimsby Town Football Club is dead to me, after 28 years of joy, happiness and sorrow.

I honest don't give a intercourse anymore
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
louth_in_the_south
March 24, 2018, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Yes you do bluerose or u wouldn’t be posting this ^^ , it’s time for te fans to get fenty out

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
ivanosandwich
March 24, 2018, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
listening to Dave burns try and wind Dave Smith into saying something against the regime was painful . You could tell he wanted to but didn’t have the bollox to .

Poor form from Burnsy that. Dave Smith isn't going to slag off the club on the radio is he? Neither should he be expected to.

Burnsy should stick with Hull. All the way through he took every chance to have a dig at Town, even letting the whole world know that Brown was only offered 10 games. He's just stoking the fires against Fenty.

I'm no fan of Fenty but I think Dave Burns was unprofessional. He is paid to commentate, so tells us what is happening on the pitch. He just seems to want to fire up the fans even more, something to talk about on Sportstalk maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Perkins
March 24, 2018, 6:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Poor form from Burnsy that. Dave Smith isn't going to slag off the club on the radio is he? Neither should he be expected to.

Burnsy should stick with Hull. All the way through he took every chance to have a dig at Town, even letting the whole world know that Brown was only offered 10 games. He's just stoking the fires against Fenty.

I'm no fan of Fenty but I think Dave Burns was unprofessional. He is paid to commentate, so tells us what is happening on the pitch. He just seems to want to fire up the fans even more, something to talk about on Sportstalk maybe?

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of that. Burnsey says it like it is, and isn't it his job to pose pertinent questions?.  As for taking every chance to have a dig at town, don't we all on the fishy?. And I don't think the fires against Fenty require much stoking at the minute. He was probably a bit naive expecting Dave Smith an answer to his question with him being an employee of the club, but if Dave had said what he really thought he would probably have found his P45 waiting for him on Monday morning.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
ivanosandwich
March 24, 2018, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Perkins

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of that. Burnsey says it like it is, and isn't it his job to pose pertinent questions?. As for taking every chance to have a dig at town, don't we all on the fishy?. And I don't think the fires against Fenty require much stoking at the minute. He was probably a bit naive expecting Dave Smith an answer to his question with him being an employee of the club, but if Dave had said what he really thought he would probably have found his P45 waiting for him on Monday morning.

Respect your comments but my point was all this was said during commentary. He can, and I would expect him to ask pertinent questions in the interview but not during the commentary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Perkins
March 24, 2018, 6:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Respect your comments but my point was all this was said during commentary. He can, and I would expect him to ask pertinent questions in the interview but not during the commentary.

Point taken.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Ipswin
March 24, 2018, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Not again.
Just to put things into perspective, last time we went out of the league AFC Bournemouth were being promoted from the conference................ Now let's just think about that for a second.

We are destined to get to the Premiership you mean?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
FishOutOfWater
March 24, 2018, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Not again.
Just to put things into perspective, last time we went out of the league AFC Bournemouth were being promoted from the conference................ Now let's just think about that for a second.

Sorry mate but it was Stevenage who were promoted as champions and Oxford via the play-offs
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 45
Teesknees
March 24, 2018, 7:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
I agree with NOONE, I think we'll stay up!

We just have to score first in a game!! ffs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Perkins
March 24, 2018, 7:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Our non chairman has been very quiet of late, even getting Philip Day to introduce MJ, but if by some chance we manage to stay up, guess who will pop up and claim the credit?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
jaygy
March 24, 2018, 7:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I thought Burnsy was only giving his view from the outside looking in, everyone not connected with GTFC can see our once great club is crumbling away day by day. It’s just the ones inside the club that refuse to accept this and just put those rose tinted specs on from week to week rather than admitting the obvious. FFS Fenty just admit that you have and are failing our beloved club!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
Gaffer58
March 24, 2018, 7:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Regarding Dave Smith co-commentating today, he is always going to be very guarded about what he says, never going to say anything controversial about players,management or the club. Due to this RH should always have the co-commentator as an independent so that he might say things as he see's it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
ivanosandwich
March 24, 2018, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
Regarding Dave Smith co-commentating today, he is always going to be very guarded about what he says, never going to say anything controversial about players,management or the club. Due to this RH should always have the co-commentator as an independent so that he might say things as he see's it.

Yes, good point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 24, 2018, 7:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Perkins

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of that. Burnsey says it like it is, and isn't it his job to pose pertinent questions?.  As for taking every chance to have a dig at town, don't we all on the fishy?. And I don't think the fires against Fenty require much stoking at the minute. He was probably a bit naive expecting Dave Smith an answer to his question with him being an employee of the club, but if Dave had said what he really thought he would probably have found his P45 waiting for him on Monday morning.

The key point is your last sentence. Unless you had a better job lined up for Monday morning you are not going to slag off your employer on Saturday teatime. It isn’t just a matter of loyalty it’s a matter of self-preservation. Would Burns slag off his producer on air?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
denni266
March 24, 2018, 7:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Burnsey is a good commentator  and knows his stuff, he is not scared to ask questions to get a response , He says it as it is weather we like it or not ,,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
Marinerz93
March 24, 2018, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
If I didn't know how to do something I would employ an expert / professional, yes I would give things ago but when you know your limits and ability you don't mess around as it will ultimately cost you more in the long run. I guess the point I am trying to make is why for over a decade hasn't Fenty figured this out, is his ego bigger than his brain, the sooner he felicitations off the better, claims he is a fan but he has run the club a bit like a blind man doing a taxi job.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 24, 2018, 8:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93
If I didn't know how to do something I would employ an expert / professional, yes I would give things ago but when you know your limits and ability you don't mess around as it will ultimately cost you more in the long run. I guess the point I am trying to make is why for over a decade hasn't Fenty figured this out, is his ego bigger than his brain, the sooner he felicitations off the better, claims he is a fan but he has run the club a bit like a blind man doing a taxi job.

Now that is an interesting point. Many moons ago when we were under the cosh in the days of Woods following the Newell debacle, I can remember saying the self-same thing. In fact I was not the only one. What the club needed then and now is someone who knows football as Chief Exec., someone of the calibre of Adam Pearson who knows how and where to find investment and how to run a football club. People like that don’t come cheap but would be worth their weight in gold.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
bluerose13x
March 24, 2018, 8:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Yes you do bluerose or u wouldn’t be posting this ^^ , it’s time for te fans to get fenty out

In all honesty I do care. Please forgive me as I write this I know I'm drunk. I'm sick of 18 months ago we had a decent group of players and now we have journeymen, loanees and wasters.

Who do I blame? Mangers? yes.

Non-chairmen who have chosen managers? yes. Non-chairmen who have penny pinched? Yes. Non-chairmen wo have made the same mistakes of employing crap managers? yes. The most unforgivable error of all - disbanding a good squad from 18 months ago to employing  journeymen, loanees and wasters of so called players due to penny pinching who do I blame for that? Mr Fenty. Thats who. I call it unforgivble because we've been down this road once before. We've employed, in this drunken state I'm in, if I recall correctly, in 2009/10 and look where it got us. Relegated, that where it got us. Make a mistake once yes. Make a second mistake of the same order. Flipping unforgiveable.

I am sick of error after error. I cannot carry on with this. The way I feel we can be relegated and I wouldn't care. To my mind we're down already and I've given up and I'm not intrested anymore. I mean I really couldn't give a excrement anymore.

Mr Fenty. Thank you very much for destroying whatever joy and sense of belonging I got from attending matches. I blame you Mr Fenty for destroying what Grimsby Town FC meant to me. 28 years of attending matches from being a kid to the adult I am now. destroyed.

I am honestly in tears as I write this but go to H.ll mate. The state I'm in I ca nt recall when you came on the board of when you beame chairman so I'll go with best guess. Look at the perm managers you've chosen. (Yes I know this is easy with hindsight...) And yes, this is a very brief review of the managers you've appointeed

2004 - Nicky Law- brought in to save us from relegation after Itv Ditgelal fallout. Failed. Wrong choice
2004 Russell Slade- poor 1st season, almost got us promoted 2nd season. despite the way he left, Good choice.
2006 Graham Roger - dispanded a decent squad, sold Rob Jones, Reddy not player he was due to injury. Backwards step.Cheap  choice as manager.Wrong choice
2006 Buckley 3. - Out the game too long and football has changed. Failure. Wrong choice
2008 Newall - One would have expected you to have quiet words on the side with your fellow chairmen to see what thier experiances where. total failure. Wrong choice
2009. Neil Woods. Decent guy, wrong time wrong postion. Netraul on if it was wrong or right to appoint.
2011. Scott and Hurst. Hurst got us promoted, Scott we got rid of after problrms. appointment half right.
2016. Bignot. Has to be wrong choice based on whats happened, unable to control bugdet, lost players.  wrong choice
2017. Slade 2. Shipped out remaining decent players. tatics didn't work. wrong choice.

So whats that, 1 and a half good  appointments out of the last nine? It's a joke.

The club is a Joke. Destroyed whatever joy that i get from being a supporter. Mr Fenty, I feel my heart has been ripped out. Grimsby Town. The team I love. It's a disgrace. From loving this club as a kid, 28 years later I find I don't give a excrement anymore. I don't want to come anymore.

Mr Fenty. Thank You for Killing the Joy for me. Go to H.ll mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
FishOutOfWater
March 24, 2018, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bluerose13x

In all honesty I do care. Please forgive me as I write this I know I'm drunk. I'm sick of 18 months ago we had a decent group of players and now we have journeymen, loanees and wasters.

Non-chairmen who have chosen managers? yes. Non-chairmen who have penny pinched? Yes. Non-chairmen wo have made the same mistakes of employing crap managers? yes. The most unforgivable error of all - disbanding a good squad from 18 months ago to employing  journeymen, loanees and wasters of so called players due to penny pinching who do I blame for that? Mr Fenty. Thats who. I call it unforgivble because we've been down this road once before. We've employed, in this drunken state I'm in, if I recall correctly, in 2009/10 and look where it got us. Relegated, that where it got us. Make a mistake once yes. Make a second mistake of the same order. Flipping unforgiveable.

I am sick of error after error. I cannot carry on with this. The way I feel we can be relegated and I wouldn't care. To my mind we're down already and I've given up and I'm not intrested anymore. I mean I really couldn't give a excrement anymore.

Mr Fenty. Thank you very much for destroying whatever joy and sense of belonging I got from attending matches. I blame you Mr Fenty for destroying what Grimsby Town FC meant to me. 28 years of attending matches from being a kid to the adult I am now. destroyed.

I am honestly in tears as I write this but go to H.ll mate. The state I'm in I ca nt recall when you came on the board of when you beame chairman so I'll go with best guess. Look at the perm managers you've chosen. (Yes I know this is easy with hindsight...) And yes, this is a very brief review of the managers you've appointeed

2004 - Nicky Law- brought in to save us from relegation after Itv Ditgelal fallout. Failed. Wrong choice
2004 Russell Slade- poor 1st season, almost got us promoted 2nd season. despite the way he left, Good choice.
2006 Graham Roger - dispanded a decent squad, sold Rob Jones, Reddy not player he was due to injury. Backwards step.Cheap  choice as manager.Wrong choice
2006 Buckley 3. - Out the game too long and football has changed. Failure. Wrong choice
2008 Newall - One would have expected you to have quiet words on the side with your fellow chairmen to see what thier experiances where. total failure. Wrong choice
2009. Neil Woods. Decent guy, wrong time wrong postion. Netraul on if it was wrong or right to appoint.
2011. Scott and Hurst. Hurst got us promoted, Scott we got rid of after problrms. appointment half right.
2016. Bignot. Has to be wrong choice based on whats happened, unable to control bugdet, lost players.  wrong choice
2017. Slade 2. Shipped out remaining decent players. tatics didn't work. wrong choice.

So whats that, 1 and a half good  appointments out of the last nine? It's a joke.

The club is a Joke. Destroyed whatever joy that i get from being a supporter. Mr Fenty, I feel my heart has been ripped out. Grimsby Town. The team I love. It's a disgrace. From loving this club as a kid, 28 years later I find I don't give a excrement anymore. I don't want to come anymore.

Totally get the way you feel, drunk or not we all know what the reason for our current situation is

I don’t think you can put too much blame on Bignot though - he only had 5 months in the hot seat and while there’s no way of knowing how it might have gone if he’d seen out last season and then taken us in to this one, there’s no way things could have gone any worse with him than it did with Slade
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 45
Cloudy
March 24, 2018, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
So far Fenty has got off very lightly on matchdays, lose, or fail to win 2 out of the next 3 home games it may turn very nasty, and if it doesn't then it will be down to one thing. Apathy- nobody cares anymore
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
promotion plaice
March 24, 2018, 9:03pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

Everything at GTFC is done on the cheap, that's why we are where we are after all the false promises.

Only a new owner will change it.

I for one won't be buying another season ticket while JF is in charge.......stay up or not.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
FishOutOfWater
March 24, 2018, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Everything at GTFC is done on the cheap, that's why we are where we are after all the false promises.

Only a new owner will change it.

I for one won't be buying another season ticket while JF is in charge.......stay up or not.

I wonder if Fenty is still planning to increase the price of STs? 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 45
dapperz fun pub
March 24, 2018, 9:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I wonder if Fenty is still planning to increase the price of STs? 😂

Let’s hope he’s walked by then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
GrimRob
March 24, 2018, 9:24pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
One thing he could do is offer the players a very large bonus for survival, even if it is his final act before handing over the reins. Most of them know they will not be wanted next year, they are just serving time out. Let's give them something to play for, it means the world to us, but to most of them it's next to nothing.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 45
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2018, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from GrimRob
One thing he could do is offer the players a very large bonus for survival, even if it is his final act before handing over the reins. Most of them know they will not be wanted next year, they are just serving time out. Let's give them something to play for, it means the world to us, but to most of them it's next to nothing.

Yes maybe a pot of £200k should just do it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
KingstonMariner
March 25, 2018, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I agree. this was suggested by someone (might have been you Rob) a couple of weeks back. If it's successful it'll be cheaper than relegation. If it's unsuccessful, well nothing lost.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
KingstonMariner
March 25, 2018, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bluerose13x

In your pi.shed state you make more sense than the regime have.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
Cloudy
March 25, 2018, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from GrimRob

Wasn't it said that bonus payments must be part of contracts lodged with the EFL/FA before the season starts?

Any additional payment COULD be seen as illegal and result in points deduction/automatic relegation?

If true we have to relie on the players for survival. Not a great thought
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
OneLove
March 25, 2018, 9:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
The biggest problem at the club and always will be till he's gone for good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
March 25, 2018, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Cloudy

Wasn't it said that bonus payments must be part of contracts lodged with the EFL/FA before the season starts?

Any additional payment COULD be seen as illegal and result in points deduction/automatic relegation?

There'll be ways around I mean don't we have an accountant on the board who can find a way of facilitating this 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
arryarryarry
March 25, 2018, 9:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Quoted from Hagrid
You should be ashamed. I couldnt give a excrement if i get bollocked for this, the one bit of joy ive had in my time supporting town was wembley 16 when we got back to the EFL. You and the board with your penny pinching your cost cutting your hopeless appointment and pesistance with slade and wilkinson. 2 fuckwits who havent a clue. Its over John, we are finished. The fans have gone. Noone NOONE believes we are staying up. The feeble “ stick with us” issued out by the drones each week, we dont want to flipping hear it.  We’ve had it, we’ve had enough. No matter if we do stay up, do you really think the fans are gonna come flooding back? You’ve ruined everything we achieved through promotion. And when we go down next month John, believe me, you wont see me or 2000 others back, because you dont deserve us, we are taken for granted, treated like excrement, and for what? For our team to be humiliated week in week out. Had enough. intercourse me i pray we can survive, i really do, but its not happening. This time john, we wont come back.

I couldn't say I always agree with everything you post but you are spot on with this.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
ponnyfan
March 25, 2018, 9:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Bring back Barry Conlon to save us ...😉 🥃 hic....

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
ponnyfan
March 25, 2018, 10:02am
Special Brew Drinker
[quote=748]Bring back Barry Conlon to save us ...😉 🥃 hic....drunk up he could play better than this lot

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
dapperz fun pub
March 25, 2018, 10:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ponnyfan
Bring back Barry Conlon to save us ...😉 🥃 hic....

At least he scored occasionally
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
ponnyfan
March 25, 2018, 10:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Exactly...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
GrimRob
March 25, 2018, 11:25am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from Cloudy

Hence the stupidity of slagging them off at every opportunity  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 45
arryarryarry
March 25, 2018, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Quoted from Lincspoacher
7 points clear of a team equally as bad.

yes it’s dire but we won’t go down.

I thought 2 teams got relegated.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
Jaws
March 25, 2018, 4:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought 2 teams got relegated.

Bit of a stretch to call our lot a team?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Its over. And you John have done it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.