ivanosandwich
March 24, 2018, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Gaffer58
Regarding Dave Smith co-commentating today, he is always going to be very guarded about what he says, never going to say anything controversial about players,management or the club. Due to this RH should always have the co-commentator as an independent so that he might say things as he see's it.

Yes, good point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 24, 2018, 7:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Perkins

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of that. Burnsey says it like it is, and isn't it his job to pose pertinent questions?.  As for taking every chance to have a dig at town, don't we all on the fishy?. And I don't think the fires against Fenty require much stoking at the minute. He was probably a bit naive expecting Dave Smith an answer to his question with him being an employee of the club, but if Dave had said what he really thought he would probably have found his P45 waiting for him on Monday morning.

The key point is your last sentence. Unless you had a better job lined up for Monday morning you are not going to slag off your employer on Saturday teatime. It isn’t just a matter of loyalty it’s a matter of self-preservation. Would Burns slag off his producer on air?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
denni266
March 24, 2018, 7:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 132
Burnsey is a good commentator  and knows his stuff, he is not scared to ask questions to get a response , He says it as it is weather we like it or not ,,
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
Marinerz93
March 24, 2018, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
If I didn't know how to do something I would employ an expert / professional, yes I would give things ago but when you know your limits and ability you don't mess around as it will ultimately cost you more in the long run. I guess the point I am trying to make is why for over a decade hasn't Fenty figured this out, is his ego bigger than his brain, the sooner he felicitations off the better, claims he is a fan but he has run the club a bit like a blind man doing a taxi job.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 24, 2018, 8:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93
If I didn't know how to do something I would employ an expert / professional, yes I would give things ago but when you know your limits and ability you don't mess around as it will ultimately cost you more in the long run. I guess the point I am trying to make is why for over a decade hasn't Fenty figured this out, is his ego bigger than his brain, the sooner he felicitations off the better, claims he is a fan but he has run the club a bit like a blind man doing a taxi job.

Now that is an interesting point. Many moons ago when we were under the cosh in the days of Woods following the Newell debacle, I can remember saying the self-same thing. In fact I was not the only one. What the club needed then and now is someone who knows football as Chief Exec., someone of the calibre of Adam Pearson who knows how and where to find investment and how to run a football club. People like that don’t come cheap but would be worth their weight in gold.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
bluerose13x
March 24, 2018, 8:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Yes you do bluerose or u wouldn’t be posting this ^^ , it’s time for te fans to get fenty out

In all honesty I do care. Please forgive me as I write this I know I'm drunk. I'm sick of 18 months ago we had a decent group of players and now we have journeymen, loanees and wasters.

Who do I blame? Mangers? yes.

Non-chairmen who have chosen managers? yes. Non-chairmen who have penny pinched? Yes. Non-chairmen wo have made the same mistakes of employing crap managers? yes. The most unforgivable error of all - disbanding a good squad from 18 months ago to employing  journeymen, loanees and wasters of so called players due to penny pinching who do I blame for that? Mr Fenty. Thats who. I call it unforgivble because we've been down this road once before. We've employed, in this drunken state I'm in, if I recall correctly, in 2009/10 and look where it got us. Relegated, that where it got us. Make a mistake once yes. Make a second mistake of the same order. Flipping unforgiveable.

I am sick of error after error. I cannot carry on with this. The way I feel we can be relegated and I wouldn't care. To my mind we're down already and I've given up and I'm not intrested anymore. I mean I really couldn't give a excrement anymore.

Mr Fenty. Thank you very much for destroying whatever joy and sense of belonging I got from attending matches. I blame you Mr Fenty for destroying what Grimsby Town FC meant to me. 28 years of attending matches from being a kid to the adult I am now. destroyed.

I am honestly in tears as I write this but go to H.ll mate. The state I'm in I ca nt recall when you came on the board of when you beame chairman so I'll go with best guess. Look at the perm managers you've chosen. (Yes I know this is easy with hindsight...) And yes, this is a very brief review of the managers you've appointeed

2004 - Nicky Law- brought in to save us from relegation after Itv Ditgelal fallout. Failed. Wrong choice
2004 Russell Slade- poor 1st season, almost got us promoted 2nd season. despite the way he left, Good choice.
2006 Graham Roger - dispanded a decent squad, sold Rob Jones, Reddy not player he was due to injury. Backwards step.Cheap  choice as manager.Wrong choice
2006 Buckley 3. - Out the game too long and football has changed. Failure. Wrong choice
2008 Newall - One would have expected you to have quiet words on the side with your fellow chairmen to see what thier experiances where. total failure. Wrong choice
2009. Neil Woods. Decent guy, wrong time wrong postion. Netraul on if it was wrong or right to appoint.
2011. Scott and Hurst. Hurst got us promoted, Scott we got rid of after problrms. appointment half right.
2016. Bignot. Has to be wrong choice based on whats happened, unable to control bugdet, lost players.  wrong choice
2017. Slade 2. Shipped out remaining decent players. tatics didn't work. wrong choice.

So whats that, 1 and a half good  appointments out of the last nine? It's a joke.

The club is a Joke. Destroyed whatever joy that i get from being a supporter. Mr Fenty, I feel my heart has been ripped out. Grimsby Town. The team I love. It's a disgrace. From loving this club as a kid, 28 years later I find I don't give a excrement anymore. I don't want to come anymore.

Mr Fenty. Thank You for Killing the Joy for me. Go to H.ll mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
FishOutOfWater
March 24, 2018, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from bluerose13x

In all honesty I do care. Please forgive me as I write this I know I'm drunk. I'm sick of 18 months ago we had a decent group of players and now we have journeymen, loanees and wasters.

Who do I blame? Mangers? yes.

Non-chairmen who have chosen managers? yes. Non-chairmen who have penny pinched? Yes. Non-chairmen wo have made the same mistakes of employing crap managers? yes. The most unforgivable error of all - disbanding a good squad from 18 months ago to employing  journeymen, loanees and wasters of so called players due to penny pinching who do I blame for that? Mr Fenty. Thats who. I call it unforgivble because we've been down this road once before. We've employed, in this drunken state I'm in, if I recall correctly, in 2009/10 and look where it got us. Relegated, that where it got us. Make a mistake once yes. Make a second mistake of the same order. Flipping unforgiveable.

I am sick of error after error. I cannot carry on with this. The way I feel we can be relegated and I wouldn't care. To my mind we're down already and I've given up and I'm not intrested anymore. I mean I really couldn't give a excrement anymore.

Mr Fenty. Thank you very much for destroying whatever joy and sense of belonging I got from attending matches. I blame you Mr Fenty for destroying what Grimsby Town FC meant to me. 28 years of attending matches from being a kid to the adult I am now. destroyed.

I am honestly in tears as I write this but go to H.ll mate. The state I'm in I ca nt recall when you came on the board of when you beame chairman so I'll go with best guess. Look at the perm managers you've chosen. (Yes I know this is easy with hindsight...) And yes, this is a very brief review of the managers you've appointeed

2004 - Nicky Law- brought in to save us from relegation after Itv Ditgelal fallout. Failed. Wrong choice
2004 Russell Slade- poor 1st season, almost got us promoted 2nd season. despite the way he left, Good choice.
2006 Graham Roger - dispanded a decent squad, sold Rob Jones, Reddy not player he was due to injury. Backwards step.Cheap  choice as manager.Wrong choice
2006 Buckley 3. - Out the game too long and football has changed. Failure. Wrong choice
2008 Newall - One would have expected you to have quiet words on the side with your fellow chairmen to see what thier experiances where. total failure. Wrong choice
2009. Neil Woods. Decent guy, wrong time wrong postion. Netraul on if it was wrong or right to appoint.
2011. Scott and Hurst. Hurst got us promoted, Scott we got rid of after problrms. appointment half right.
2016. Bignot. Has to be wrong choice based on whats happened, unable to control bugdet, lost players.  wrong choice
2017. Slade 2. Shipped out remaining decent players. tatics didn't work. wrong choice.

So whats that, 1 and a half good  appointments out of the last nine? It's a joke.

The club is a Joke. Destroyed whatever joy that i get from being a supporter. Mr Fenty, I feel my heart has been ripped out. Grimsby Town. The team I love. It's a disgrace. From loving this club as a kid, 28 years later I find I don't give a excrement anymore. I don't want to come anymore.

Mr Fenty. Thank You for Killing the Joy for me. Go to H.ll mate.

Totally get the way you feel, drunk or not we all know what the reason for our current situation is

I don’t think you can put too much blame on Bignot though - he only had 5 months in the hot seat and while there’s no way of knowing how it might have gone if he’d seen out last season and then taken us in to this one, there’s no way things could have gone any worse with him than it did with Slade
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 45
Cloudy
March 24, 2018, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
So far Fenty has got off very lightly on matchdays, lose, or fail to win 2 out of the next 3 home games it may turn very nasty, and if it doesn't then it will be down to one thing. Apathy- nobody cares anymore
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
promotion plaice
March 24, 2018, 9:03pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,000
Gold Stars: 193

Everything at GTFC is done on the cheap, that's why we are where we are after all the false promises.

Only a new owner will change it.

I for one won't be buying another season ticket while JF is in charge.......stay up or not.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
FishOutOfWater
March 24, 2018, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from promotion plaice

Everything at GTFC is done on the cheap, that's why we are where we are after all the false promises.

Only a new owner will change it.

I for one won't be buying another season ticket while JF is in charge.......stay up or not.

I wonder if Fenty is still planning to increase the price of STs? 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Its over. And you John have done it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.