ivanosandwich
March 24, 2018, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
listening to Dave burns try and wind Dave Smith into saying something against the regime was painful . You could tell he wanted to but didn’t have the bollox to .

Poor form from Burnsy that. Dave Smith isn't going to slag off the club on the radio is he? Neither should he be expected to.

Burnsy should stick with Hull. All the way through he took every chance to have a dig at Town, even letting the whole world know that Brown was only offered 10 games. He's just stoking the fires against Fenty.

I'm no fan of Fenty but I think Dave Burns was unprofessional. He is paid to commentate, so tells us what is happening on the pitch. He just seems to want to fire up the fans even more, something to talk about on Sportstalk maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Perkins
March 24, 2018, 6:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Poor form from Burnsy that. Dave Smith isn't going to slag off the club on the radio is he? Neither should he be expected to.

Burnsy should stick with Hull. All the way through he took every chance to have a dig at Town, even letting the whole world know that Brown was only offered 10 games. He's just stoking the fires against Fenty.

I'm no fan of Fenty but I think Dave Burns was unprofessional. He is paid to commentate, so tells us what is happening on the pitch. He just seems to want to fire up the fans even more, something to talk about on Sportstalk maybe?

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of that. Burnsey says it like it is, and isn't it his job to pose pertinent questions?.  As for taking every chance to have a dig at town, don't we all on the fishy?. And I don't think the fires against Fenty require much stoking at the minute. He was probably a bit naive expecting Dave Smith an answer to his question with him being an employee of the club, but if Dave had said what he really thought he would probably have found his P45 waiting for him on Monday morning.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
ivanosandwich
March 24, 2018, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Perkins

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of that. Burnsey says it like it is, and isn't it his job to pose pertinent questions?. As for taking every chance to have a dig at town, don't we all on the fishy?. And I don't think the fires against Fenty require much stoking at the minute. He was probably a bit naive expecting Dave Smith an answer to his question with him being an employee of the club, but if Dave had said what he really thought he would probably have found his P45 waiting for him on Monday morning.

Respect your comments but my point was all this was said during commentary. He can, and I would expect him to ask pertinent questions in the interview but not during the commentary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Perkins
March 24, 2018, 6:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Respect your comments but my point was all this was said during commentary. He can, and I would expect him to ask pertinent questions in the interview but not during the commentary.

Point taken.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Ipswin
March 24, 2018, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Not again.
Just to put things into perspective, last time we went out of the league AFC Bournemouth were being promoted from the conference................ Now let's just think about that for a second.

We are destined to get to the Premiership you mean?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
FishOutOfWater
March 24, 2018, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Not again.
Just to put things into perspective, last time we went out of the league AFC Bournemouth were being promoted from the conference................ Now let's just think about that for a second.

Sorry mate but it was Stevenage who were promoted as champions and Oxford via the play-offs
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 45
Teesknees
March 24, 2018, 7:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
I agree with NOONE, I think we'll stay up!

We just have to score first in a game!! ffs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Perkins
March 24, 2018, 7:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Our non chairman has been very quiet of late, even getting Philip Day to introduce MJ, but if by some chance we manage to stay up, guess who will pop up and claim the credit?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
jaygy
March 24, 2018, 7:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I thought Burnsy was only giving his view from the outside looking in, everyone not connected with GTFC can see our once great club is crumbling away day by day. It’s just the ones inside the club that refuse to accept this and just put those rose tinted specs on from week to week rather than admitting the obvious. FFS Fenty just admit that you have and are failing our beloved club!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
Gaffer58
March 24, 2018, 7:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Regarding Dave Smith co-commentating today, he is always going to be very guarded about what he says, never going to say anything controversial about players,management or the club. Due to this RH should always have the co-commentator as an independent so that he might say things as he see's it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Its over. And you John have done it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.