This thread currently has 4,172 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 21, 2018, 11:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Nothing against Michael Jolley but what a hell of a gamble end of.

I'm still not comfortable with this appointment.

If I'm wrong I will be the first to point this/my thread out and apologise to both Mr Fenty and Jolley.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
March 21, 2018, 11:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
See what you're saying, We have gone from a manager with no league management experience in Bignot, to a manager with vast experience in Slade, then onto a manager with no experience of managing in England. We seem to be wavering all over the place in the hope that something sticks. I said at the time i would have preferred someone who had built a successful side or two at a lower level, but MJ has a clean slate and only time will tell if it's a gamble or not. He will definitely give it his best shot because if he fudges it, the reputation he is hoping to build will fall at the first fence.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Marinerz93
March 22, 2018, 1:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
It seems Fenty bumbles from one crap decision to another.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JYNTJJt.jpg[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
RexFannies
March 22, 2018, 1:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Oh you can swear in pictures...never thought of that

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
Cloudy
March 22, 2018, 6:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from promotion plaice

If I'm wrong I will be the first to point this/my thread out and apologise to both Mr Fenty and Jolley.

MJ is one hell of a gamble, I think the vast majority would agree with that(?) but we tried experienced, been round the block type last time. No idea who applied who fitted that genre this time but no names jumped out at me after McCall decided he wanted a break after Bradford.
Askey wouldn't come by all accounts and the guy at Boston who was touted on here had no experience in the pro game.

Yes I am sure Jolley would have applied for most jobs as he was desperate ( as were we!) but he wants the job, wants to prove himself has fresh, modern ideas.

It may well end in failure, most managerial appointments do, but as fans we have little choice but to strap ourselves in and get behind him. The alternative is to stay away and moan, or attend in silence.

No guarantees, there never is
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
1mickylyons
March 22, 2018, 7:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
I wanted to wait and reserve judgement on MJ when he got appointed and I feel just the same about his tenure now he is here.Yes I am worried about his lack of experience given our situation and he is not what I would have appointed personally at this stage.I could have understood it in May when we knew what the next step was and he could well go on to be a very successful Manager in his own right. The job should have been given to an experienced pair of hands til the end of the Season who knew the current players and then a new Manager brought in.However we are here now it`s not the fault of MJ so best get behind him and the players and hope for a miracle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
realist
March 22, 2018, 7:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
Can we really judge any manager with this bunch of players? They are so bad nobody could get a result oug of them.
Next season will show his true potential
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Jarmo.Is.God
March 22, 2018, 8:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from promotion plaice

You do know Jolley was appointed 20 days ago don't you? Just wondered why this sort of random thread would appear now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
grimsby pete
March 22, 2018, 8:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
It's the last throw of the dice for John,

Jolley is a great success and fans or most of them will get off Fenty's back and just enjoy the ride,

Fail and non league that will be the end of Fenty because most of the fans will not pay to see  the likes of Woking and Boreham Wood again,

Safe this season but mid table for the next fews years and the grumbles about Fenty will go on and on.

Me ? I think Michael has all the ingrediants to succeed and I honest believe he will save us and get a promotion on his CV before he moves on to bigger things,

We have just got to survive this season first and then we will see a better quality of footballer playing for our team.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
oochiad
March 22, 2018, 8:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
I watched the Boreham Wood Hartlepool match last night and the thought of visiting such grounds again horrified me. I think your right though Pete, Jolley will get enough out of our shite squad to keep our league status and we can then push on next season. Here’s hoping........UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Fentys decisions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.