Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reserves and potentials.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 205 Guests

Reserves and potentials.

This thread currently has 10,387 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
March 21, 2018, 2:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Civvy at last

Just leave me out of this FFS  

Hey, if you can dribble then bring yer boots next game

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 83
March 21, 2018, 3:26pm
Guest User
i think MJ  is preparing a team for the matches versus Chesterfield and Barnet, he appears to be working out a side to beat these two and if we pick up points on the way its a bonus. JMO.
Reply: 61 - 83
Cayman_mariner
March 21, 2018, 3:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from RoboCod
Vernam should be back in some capacity next season, Wilks is very promising, Jackson too while Clifton is making a claim for regular play. That's not a bad exercise in youth development when you consider these lads have been brought in recently smack in the middle of the biggest crisis in our history.  I don't see any of the other untested youths being ready for the responsibility of saving the clubs future, or see why they should be caught up in the blame.

I'd like to see us attempt to hang on to all those loanees mentioned as well as Jaiyesimi, let's just be grateful for now that have a manager prepared to bring them on at a steady sensible pace.

Definitely agree Robocod, though if we do go down I'd imagine we'd probably struggle to get those loan players back here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 83
RoboCod
March 21, 2018, 3:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cayman_mariner

Definitely agree Robocod, though if we do go down I'd imagine we'd probably struggle to get those loan players back here.

I was pleased to see Vernam talk about the club in glowing terms, he sounds like he'd be here next season to help out, possibly even if the worst happens. But yes, Wilks and co will soon find another League club and you couldn't blame him for that.
I'm clinging on to the hope that our best team is still to be assembled and that the bottom two (and a couple of those around us) continue their poor form though. It's easy to be dispirited but there's a lot of footballs to be kicked yet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 83
toontown
March 21, 2018, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,261
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from RoboCod

I was pleased to see Vernam talk about the club in glowing terms, he sounds like he'd be here next season to help out, possibly even if the worst happens. But yes, Wilks and co will soon find another League club and you couldn't blame him for that.
I'm clinging on to the hope that our best team is still to be assembled and that the bottom two (and a couple of those around us) continue their poor form though. It's easy to be dispirited but there's a lot of footballs to be kicked yet.

where was the bit about vernam talking about GTFC? didn't see that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 83
RoboCod
March 21, 2018, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from toontown

where was the bit about vernam talking about GTFC? didn't see that

There was a bit in the GT last week that spoke of his enjoyment of his time here, and MJ explained how he was sticking around despite the injury..

He’s got a knee injury that requires some surgery, so he’s going to remain with Derby. He’s going to pop back and be around us a little bit, I think he’s actually coming to the game on Saturday.

He’s a popular member of the squad, so we’ve said we’d like to see him around the group whenever we can, but in terms of his fitness, he probably won’t feature for us again this season, which is sad because from the games that I saw, Charles was excellent and was a player I was looking forward to working with.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 83
toontown
March 21, 2018, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,261
Gold Stars: 70
cheers Robo, nice to see
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 83
OneLove
March 22, 2018, 5:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I like how in typical Fishy fashion this has spilled further and further out of context the more its gone on. Firstly all Ive mentioned it bringing in Keeble and Sawyer not the full youth squad, if they are big enough to mix along side first team players then they are big enough for first team football. Its easy for anyone to say they aren't good enough, they are confident enough, they'll get murdered in this league.....without being tested how do we know this? Are we all footballing experts? How are these young players expected to get a chance with out proving they are good enough. My opinion is, if you let anything phase you in life your defeated straight away, if some of you think that these lads being dropped in the first team would wobbly them then they are in the wrong business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 83
chaos33
March 22, 2018, 6:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
I like the fact that you've complained about the thread drifting out of context, and then completely forgotten about context in your generalisations in calling for the youth players the picked. Nice

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 83
OneLove
March 22, 2018, 7:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from chaos33
I like the fact that you've complained about the thread drifting out of context, and then completely forgotten about context in your generalisations in calling for the youth players the picked. Nice

Alright ya cocky twit, I know what I meant, its just all I've mentioned is bringing in two of the younger players in and people on here see there high horse. alright behind a screen but in reality wouldn't say boo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reserves and potentials.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.