Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Captaincy
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

Should Clarke be stripped of the captaincy?
Yes
No
  View Results 104 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Captaincy

This thread currently has 6,251 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
March 20, 2018, 11:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin

Of course but they should be asked of Slade, Wilkinson and Fenty and, if the winless run continues, Jolley. Moan about the team as a whole by all means, all fans do don't we? But leave off individuals, if anything they are all as bad as each other, no one is exempt. Slag them off as a group but then get behind them as a group too, not just Saint Macca and Master Clifton

Macca and Clifton have been exempt of criticism simply because their efforts actually look like they care
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Posh Harry
March 20, 2018, 12:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Ipswin
Well that's done a lot for Clarke's confidence to add to the constant slagging off of Matt, Kelly, Vernon, Hooper, Dixon, Berrett, Rose, and Woolford  doesn't leave many who would want to turn out for the club let alone be captain.

There has been a call to get rid of everyone bar Macca, Mills and Clifton at the end of the season, no need, there will be a rush to the exit

I thought we were supposed to getting behind the players on the vital run in. Now Slade has gone are we looking for another target to blame?

Says the man who used to slag off our best player, biggest asset and highest scorer Mr Bogle.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
Ipswin
March 20, 2018, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Posh Harry

Says the man who used to slag off our best player, biggest asset and highest scorer Mr Bogle.

I never slagged off his performances as I rarely saw him and I never comment on individual players in matches I have not seen.

If you would like to waste an hour or so checking you will see I did not like the man, did not rate the man as ridiculously highly as some on here (the Premiership was mentioned for felicitations sake!) proven right by his record since leaving Town for pastures new (the grass is still probably still greener, in front of the bench at Peterborough, though as he's raking in the £££s) but I did not single him out for blame or criticism of his performances

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
RoboCod
March 20, 2018, 1:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Ipswin

I never slagged off his performances as I rarely saw him and I never comment on individual players in matches I have not seen.

If you would like to waste an hour or so checking you will see I did not like the man, did not rate the man as ridiculously highly as some on here (the Premiership was mentioned for felicitations sake!) proven right by his record since leaving Town for pastures new (the grass is still probably still greener, in front of the bench at Peterborough, though as he's raking in the £££s) but I did not single him out for blame or criticism of his performances

You spent rather more than an hour obsessing about his 'dodgy' knee and how we'd been sold a duffer. Completely wrong.
I liked Bogle, I'd fu**ing worship the guy now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
Posh Harry
March 20, 2018, 1:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Ipswin

So you never slagged off his performances as you wouldn’t do that if you haven’t seen individual performances, but you did (therefore I assume do) not like the man, so I assume you knew him personally or have met him to make that judgement?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
ginnywings
March 20, 2018, 1:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

I think the prevailing view of most was that he was too good for this level and was probably about lower end of Championship level, and probably worth around a million quid as a punt for a side lacking goals. That turned out to be the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Ipswin
March 20, 2018, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

You spent rather more than an hour obsessing about his 'dodgy' knee and how we'd been sold a duffer. Completely wrong.
I liked Bogle, I'd fu**ing worship the guy now.

You could always go and watch Wigan, sorry, Cardiff oh no, Peterborough

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Ipswin
March 20, 2018, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I think the prevailing view of most was that he was probably worth around a million quid as a punt for a side lacking goals. That turned out to be the case.

But it didn't though did it? He was hardly prolific at Wigan and soon moved on

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
ginnywings
March 20, 2018, 1:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

But it didn't though did it? He was hardly prolific at Wigan and soon moved on

But it did. He went to a higher division for 1 million and was then sold to Cardiff for 700,000. Those are facts and he was judged to be good enough for that level by two different managers, one of whom is a very successful manager at that level. Wigan sold him because they got relegated to League 1. The fact he is currently on loan is neither here nor there. Harry Kane was once on loan to Orient. He scored three goals for Cardiff, got an injury, then couldn't get back in the side. Doesn't mean he won't go back there and be a success. He's not a top end striker agreed, but he is way better than you said he was at the time he was here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
RoboCod
March 20, 2018, 1:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Ipswin

You could always go and watch Wigan, sorry, Cardiff oh no, Peterborough

You could always say..oh yeah, ha ha, I remember saying he was crocked, we'd wasted out transfer kitty  cos he missed a couple of pre-season friendlies with a sore knee when he signed, silly me, he was fine and went on to get us promoted, ha ha...

But you won't.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Captaincy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.