Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? 🏆
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 144 Guests

Should England boycott the World Cup in Russia?
Yes, unilaterally
Yes, along with other countries
No
  View Results 93 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should England boycott the World Cup? 🏆

This thread currently has 5,389 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 19, 2018, 12:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Personally, i think it seems a futile gesture that will only hurt us. But some politicians have suggested it should be banned, and we are not sending any Royals to Russia to represent the nation which is a symbolic gesture.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
March 19, 2018, 12:25pm
Guest User
The Russians are the least of our concerns. I'm more concerned about Muslim child rape gangs but the mainstream media don't seem interested. If Putin ordered the assassination of the spy traitor, there would be much easier ways of doing it than using a nerve agent easily traceable back to Russia. Either that or he's sending a message to turned spys that the motherland will never forget the treachery.

I would side with the Russians, I agree with a lot of their policies, especially regarding immingration. Europe is a hell hole now thanks to liberals and Merkel. The Russians don't mess about with terrorists or dickheads, I've seen that first hand in Moscow. They deal with tramps by beating them to a pulp, lol. Nowt to do with football anyway.  
Reply: 1 - 33
ginnywings
March 19, 2018, 12:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Britain as a nation has never done anything as heinous as kill a spy have we? Fooking hypocrites, the lot of 'em.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
1mickylyons
March 19, 2018, 12:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Sport should never have anything to do with politics the players qualified and they deserve the chance to try and win the tournament.I don`t care about Putin in the slightest it`s just a smokescreen to appease the Remainers we will NEVER leave the EU. Democracy is BS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
carrot top
March 19, 2018, 12:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
football and politicts - poles apart

what would a boycott achieve anyway? The world cup is something to look forward to even if we get dumped out early. For some players it is their only chance of appearing on the world stage of football

I bet Italy would swap places

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
promotion plaice
March 19, 2018, 12:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

No way we should boycott the World Cup, as has already been said sport and politics should be kept seperate.

Then if we win the World Cup we can stick 2 fingers up at Putin............I don't think Putin will be worried somehow.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
Tommy
March 19, 2018, 1:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
I honestly can't even think about the World Cup yet.

The next 7 weeks are far too concering to be able to think about England and the World Cup. This is massive. If England flop again, so what. If Town get relegated again, it will be different to last time i'm sure, could have serious implications, or even be the beginning of the end.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
chelseacity
March 19, 2018, 1:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +355
Gold Stars: 9
So the Russians have brought chemical warfare to the streets of England & some of you want to do nothing, not sure if you realise that the chemical warfare weapon of Novichok produced just outside Moscow could have killed thousands of our own people, this is the second chemical warfare the Russians have done on English soil, the other one was in Nov 2006 where Litvinenko was hit with radioactive polonium another chemical weapon, the Russians have killed probably another 14 people in England, they have brought chemical warfare to the Streets of England and were going to play in the World cup in front of Putin & those that have sent chemical warfare to our streets, are we mad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
promotion plaice
March 19, 2018, 1:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from chelseacity
So the Russians have brought chemical warfare to the streets of England & some of you want to do nothing , not sure if you realise that the chemical warfare weapon of Novichok produced just outside Moscow could have killed thousands of our own people, this is the second chemical warfare the Russians have done on English soil, the other one was in Nov 2006 where Litvinenko was hit with radioactive polonium another chemical weapon, the Russians have killed probably another 14 people in England, they have brought chemical warfare to the Streets of England and were going to play in the World cup in front of Putin & those that have sent chemical warfare to our streets, are we mad.

I never said do nothing......I'm all for strong sanctions.... but I don't think England should boycott the World Cup.......just my opinion.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
grimsby pete
March 19, 2018, 1:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Politics aside I think the fans should boycott the cup.

They will be set on by the Russians but receive no justice or protection from the police,

As far as the team is concern when was the last time the players turned up for the finals ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? 🏆

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.