TAGG
March 19, 2018, 9:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
They are in the same position as us.
There side is excrement and Allen won't save them.
They will finish bottom.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Heisenberg
March 19, 2018, 9:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
Let’s look on the bright side, maybe Barnet can take something from the last game against Chesterfield now. Before today I was certainly thinking that was a guaranteed 3 points for Chesterfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
OllieGTFC
March 19, 2018, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Looks like we’re are down again then

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
ginnywings
March 19, 2018, 11:33am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from TAGG
They are in the same position as us.
There side is excrement and Allen won't save them.
They will finish bottom.

Sadly, i think Barnet have better players than us and will pick up. Whether it's enough, i don't know. What i do know is that GTFC invariably make the wrong choices and don't do miracle escapes. I'm fully expecting us to get relegated, because that is what we do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Yoda
March 19, 2018, 6:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,969
Gold Stars: 65
Barnet now sage he will get the best out of Akinde
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Pouton4ever
March 19, 2018, 6:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Akinde at Barnet and Dennis at chesterfield are the reasons we are in trouble now- we don't have any goal scorers and our top scorer is warming the bench at Shrewsbury.

What Slade did is utter flipping madness- I only regret that Matt Dean has not had the chance to interview him since he left and establish why he took our squad to pieces.

I really see us going down- there is no team spirit, no fight and the team are emotionally fragile- 8 crazy minutes at Lincoln where at least two goals were preventable by either proper defending or the 6 town players on the edge of the box running in and putting themselves on the line - instead they stood, walked and farted around ball watching.

I don't know how these guys expect to work again in the football league- genuinely- and I can't see how we re going to get points. The team talk for opposing managers is easy, do what you can to score an early goal and the chances are they'll cave in.

The team changes every week, we re now reduced to desperate signings of unattached players. I would really prefer to have Barry Conlon to any of our current strikers, we have no midfield and one decent centre back. I like Jolley, like his appointment but I m sure that Allen at Barnet will get more fight in the first minute of a game than the players are providing for MJ.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Pouton4ever
March 19, 2018, 6:58pm
Beer Drinker
You could tell MJ was seething on Saturday - he's in a right flipping position too as he probably wants to give the hairdryer to a number of those guys but because they re all he has he can't
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
chaos33
March 19, 2018, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I agree with TAGG. Barnet are stuffed and Martin Allen is crackers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
lew chaterleys lover
March 19, 2018, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Pouton4ever
You could tell MJ was seething on Saturday - he's in a right flipping position too as he probably wants to give the hairdryer to a number of those guys but because they re all he has he can't

Which highlights once again the foolishness of the board.

A rallying call backing Slade to the hilt, saying they would invest in good players in the transfer window. That sounded  a good strategy, we were comfortably in mid table and that was probably the correct thing to do. Of course it was all talk and instead of investing in the team they sold or gave away our better players. What they really wanted to say but daren't was that "we think we are safe this season, so we are going to start cutting back to give us more leeway for next season."  

Then they sack Slade after the window closed, took too long to find a replacement and left the new manager with an almost impossible task.

What goes through the mind of the directors? Why do they excel at only one thing - making the wrong decisions?

They deserve everything that is coming their way over the next few fretful and nerve wracking weeks.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Pouton4ever
March 19, 2018, 8:22pm
Beer Drinker

Which highlights once again the foolishness of the board.

A rallying call backing Slade to the hilt, saying they would invest in good players in the transfer window. That sounded  a good strategy, we were comfortably in mid table and that was probably the correct thing to do. Of course it was all talk and instead of investing in the team they sold or gave away our better players. What they really wanted to say but daren't was that "we think we are safe this season, so we are going to start cutting back to give us more leeway for next season."  

Then they sack Slade after the window closed, took too long to find a replacement and left the new manager with an almost impossible task.

What goes through the mind of the directors? Why do they excel at only one thing - making the wrong decisions?

They deserve everything that is coming their way over the next few fretful and nerve wracking weeks.

Whilst I completely agree with this, I do wonder what happened during that window. Hindsight is a valuable thing but Slade MUST have known he needed a centre mid at the very least and waited till deadline day to obtain 2 youngsters and Simeon Jackson... to me it begs the question as to whether people just didn't want to play for him/us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.