Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 351 Guests

Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.

This thread currently has 13,433 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
March 19, 2018, 8:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Yoda
All the business assets will be sold and the money split between the shareholders if there is any left after wages etc have been paid.
So Fenty would get 43% of next to nothing.

You've misunderstood the situation. John Fenty has a debenture on the assets of the club. It's a bit like he's the bank and the club have a mortgage. The bank (in this case John Fenty) get to own the property in the event of a default on the mortgage / administration of the club. Given that the assets of the club are worth less than the money owed to JF, then the shareholders get nothing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 150
KingstonMariner
March 19, 2018, 8:07pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Watch this space come May I feel if the Trust can`t or wont act others will.A lot of very angry fans keeping a lid on things hoping we can somehow retain our league status should we go down that lids coming off and woe betide those who let it happen.

The sensible thing would be for those angry people to make sure they are Trust members and make a push for power. The Trust is already an established not for profit company, with rules that ensure democratic governance 9assuming members can be arsed) and therefore has the legal framework in place in order to acquire a controlling interest in the club. If you're looking to start something new, it'll involve more time and money than is necessary.

Use the Trust. Change the Trust. But don't replicate it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 150
KingstonMariner
March 19, 2018, 8:09pm
Meths Drinker

Your last paragraph is so true. This is a proud town, a town that deserves a club in the Football League and holding its own; a lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into the 140 years of GTFC  to make it an integral part of the Football league. Great characters, great fans, great players and great times have all been sacrificed on the alter of a non chairman who has almost single handedley destroyed the club. For an amount of money put in 15 years ago he has been allowed free reign to rip up decades of work in making the club part and parcel of the football world and a huge part of peoples lives.

Penny pinching and trying to run it on the least amount of investment possible, together with an over inflated opinion of his abilities has brought GTFC to its knees.

It's the 140th anniversary this year. Let's hope this is the year of re-birth! Or at leat let's hope we make 150.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 150
ginnywings
March 19, 2018, 8:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,103
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Very good post but disagree on the bit in bold.  If Mr X comes in and reforms the clubs makes it into a well-oiled machine and manages to turn a profit.  Would you want that profit going out of the club to pay for Fenty's mistakes over the past 15 years or putting back into the infrastructure and team?

I said that i had no argument with the sentiment that he shouldn't get it back, but i was just trying to look at it from another angle that would maybe suit all parties. He wants out, that much is clear; so what would it take to facilitate it? As Bigdog says, if we drop out of the league, it will be worth nowt anyway.

How do you get to become owner of a football club in the first place? It's not like it's advertised on rightmove with an asking price is it? And apart from the ground what do you actually own? It only exists as an entity if fans turn up to the ground to watch the team, so basically, you are buying loyalty to something and an amount of good will. If there is no good will left, what have you got? I own a workshop, but if the stuff i produce is no good and no one wants it, then the workshop is useless and pointless. Some may carry on buying stuff out of loyalty and because i once produced good items, but eventually, it withers and dies.

A naive view perhaps, but how does it get to the stage where one man can "own" 140 years of history and memories to do with as he pleases?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 150
dapperz fun pub
March 20, 2018, 8:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,928
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I can`t see why with proper dialogue John/Trust come to the conclusion he should give them back the Parker shares with a view to them selling them on and getting him a chunk of his money. Also why doesn`t JF convert his loans to shares and do exactly the same SELL THEM and recoup his money.That is open it`s honest and whilst it may take a while he would see some money come back.Example the Trust pay 30k from the bars why not use that money to buy his shares?

The money from the bars is the clubs money anyway isn’t it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 150
1mickylyons
March 20, 2018, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

The money from the bars is the clubs money anyway isn’t it

Not sure how it works to be honest mate? I just know since the trust have run the bars the takings have shot up if the Club themselves run the bars I suspect many people if the service went back to how it was would go elsewhere? It seems in the best interest of both parties to have this arrangement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 150
dapperz fun pub
March 20, 2018, 9:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,928
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not sure how it works to be honest mate? I just know since the trust have run the bars the takings have shot up if the Club themselves run the bars I suspect many people if the service went back to how it was would go elsewhere? It seems in the best interest of both parties to have this arrangement.

Definitely the bars are run better than before
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 150
rancido
March 20, 2018, 1:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Definitely the bars are run better than before

I agree and the match day catering is another area where the Trust could shine.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 150
barralad
March 20, 2018, 7:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 1mickylyons

We've been over this before but it's well due a revisit.
I (and most of my colleagues on the Trust Board) would love to claim a share of the credit for the success of the bars but aside from some quite imaginative work early on and some hands-on decorating we all know that the credit belongs to Shaz and her team. It is inconceivable to me that if the Trust didn't manage the bars and they reverted to the club that GTFC wouldn't ask Shaz and therefore her team to continue in their roles.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 150
Bigdog
March 20, 2018, 9:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from barralad

We've been over this before but it's well due a revisit.
I (and most of my colleagues on the Trust Board) would love to claim a share of the credit for the success of the bars but aside from some quite imaginative work early on and some hands-on decorating we all know that the credit belongs to Shaz and her team. It is inconceivable to me that if the Trust didn't manage the bars and they reverted to the club that GTFC wouldn't ask Shaz and therefore her team to continue in their roles.

It would have been inconceivable to think Kristine wouldn't be the fan's SLO a few months back though Barra. I've gone way past the point in assuming anything rational from this board of directors anymore..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 150
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.