Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 350 Guests

Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.

This thread currently has 13,347 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
March 21, 2018, 8:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,196
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think if Fenty does not leave the building then the trust should,

I am sure a venue for meetings could be arrange for a pittance ,

Fenty does not appreciate the fans or the work the trust do,

So sod him.

It's a very personal view and I wasn't involved with the original Trust to any great extent but part of their problem always seemed to me to be how far removed from where it was all happening they were. I went to a couple of meetings at the Blundell Park and one in the Imp but being able to hold meetings and functions in the heart of the club we all love just seems massively better. It's a focal point. I'm not saying it wouldn't work and, over time you could probably rent premises much like the Hull Trust but it would be a wrench to leave the actual club.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 150
barralad
March 21, 2018, 8:40pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tell the truth
The operation promotion money after the third party took there's.The sum that was passed over to the club.The club has taken a lot of accolade for op when really it was the Mariners trust and the fans

To the best of my knowledge the club have NEVER tried to claim any credit for Operation Promotion. The method and amount of payment was publicised after the event-certainly I referred to it in my report to the AGM in 2016 (op.prom. fell into the financial year 2015/16). I cannot recall the exact figure but it was paid over a period requested by the club. The fee for the third party equated to 6% of the total raised which seemed high but gave us complete security from any fears that the money might get mixed up with ordinary Trust money.  It should be remembered that a substantial amount of the total never came through the Trust's hands particularly the generous donation made by Mr and Mrs Mullen. There was also a lot of money in donations which took the form of share purchases.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 150
Tell the truth
March 21, 2018, 9:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
Many thanks for the info barralad.I agree something must be done but not until the end of the season.Without the Mariners trust there would soon be no club.Over the time they have fought tooth and nail for the fans often for no reconision.The trust will get over this hurdle and be stronger and we all should support them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 150
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2018, 9:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

Not naive. In the case of the bars a view based on my working knowledge of the set up....sorry to disappoint   :

I'm not disappointed by you saying you're not naive. I'm disappointed you seem to think the Trust didn't bring about an improvement. But your view of the club's treatment of people is naive. Based purely on knowledge of what's happened in the past couple of years of course.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 150
barralad
March 21, 2018, 10:35pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm not disappointed by you saying you're not naive. I'm disappointed you seem to think the Trust didn't bring about an improvement. But your view of the club's treatment of people is naive. Based purely on knowledge of what's happened in the past couple of years of course.

Oh the Trust have made a truly huge improvement to the effectiveness of the bars. Why would I not mention that? My issue is with the view that somehow the current much improved professionalism would change if the Trust stopped running the bars. It wouldn't because the true architects and implementors of the change would still be there i.e. Shaz and her team.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 150
1mickylyons
March 22, 2018, 9:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from barralad

It's a very personal view and I wasn't involved with the original Trust to any great extent but part of their problem always seemed to me to be how far removed from where it was all happening they were. I went to a couple of meetings at the Blundell Park and one in the Imp but being able to hold meetings and functions in the heart of the club we all love just seems massively better. It's a focal point. I'm not saying it wouldn't work and, over time you could probably rent premises much like the Hull Trust but it would be a wrench to leave the actual club.

I feel a tad surprised you don`t think the meetings being held at the Club are one of the reasons the turn outs are so low? I have always felt since the relaunch the walls have ears and you know exactly what I am talking about. I agree the Club SHOULD be a good place to hold said meetings but at present personally speaking I think you should look to move even if it`s for a one off just to creat THAT gap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 150
barralad
March 22, 2018, 10:30am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I feel a tad surprised you don`t think the meetings being held at the Club are one of the reasons the turn outs are so low? I have always felt since the relaunch the walls have ears and you know exactly what I am talking about. I agree the Club SHOULD be a good place to hold said meetings but at present personally speaking I think you should look to move even if it`s for a one off just to creat THAT gap.

I have no difficulty with any of that as a point of view.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 150
jock dock tower
March 22, 2018, 10:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from barralad

Don't forget though barra that the Trust wouldn't be "leaving the club" They might not hold meetings within the confines of BP, but that's all it would mean. Fans are the real owners of the club, we all know that, the current incumbent is merely passing through.....albeit very slowly.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 150
1mickylyons
March 22, 2018, 10:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I have no difficulty with any of that as a point of view.

A very good PC response

You know lots of the fans including myself are more than willing to help and want to get involved BUT a lot will depend on what happens come May?

IMHO the next 5 weeks are the most important in this Club`s history make no mistake about this we are talking about the Club having a future come next Season and beyond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 150
1mickylyons
March 22, 2018, 10:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower

Don't forget though barra that the Trust wouldn't be "leaving the club" They might not hold meetings within the confines of BP, but that's all it would mean. Fans are the real owners of the club, we all know that, the current incumbent is merely passing through.....albeit very slowly.

A bit like a gallstone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 150
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.