Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 192 Guests

Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.

This thread currently has 13,426 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
March 21, 2018, 4:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why has it got no legs? Pick up the phone to any one of the ten Newport County directors who are fans elected by a supporters trust and ask them if it can be done. They will tell you it's hard work for sure but they pool their resources and crack on.

Too be brutally Frank.  Fenty is a blundering fool with money. I'd rather that than some blundering fools from the stands with nowt. No one whinged when he got it right with Paul Hurst but now he has made more mistakes everyone thinks they are capable of running a football team. Those who think they can are probably a scary option. I've seen how fans in fight over the Trust and if the club was fan run it would be the same.  Sorry I'm a realist not an idealist.
And I also doubt you have picked up the phone to any Newport directors so you aren't even arguing with me over something you have knowledge of.
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 150
barralad
March 21, 2018, 5:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No apology required. To answer the question, I felt at the time of the share vote that the Trust - via the vote - lost any opportunity to have a meaningful say in the running of the club and therefore, being involved in the Trust from there on in would just be like working for the club. In essence, the Trust voted away its' ability to be an agent for change. Just my opinion.

Fairy nuff.
Thanks for replying...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 150
MuddyWaters
March 21, 2018, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Too be brutally Frank.  Fenty is a blundering fool with money. I'd rather that than some blundering fools from the stands with nowt. No one whinged when he got it right with Paul Hurst but now he has made more mistakes everyone thinks they are capable of running a football team. Those who think they can are probably a scary option. I've seen how fans in fight over the Trust and if the club was fan run it would be the same.  Sorry I'm a realist not an idealist.
And I also doubt you have picked up the phone to any Newport directors so you aren't even arguing with me over something you have knowledge of.

I know Neil on the Newport board really well. It may shock you but there are many GTFC fans who run very successful businesses that deliver fantastic services & products to customers, working to plans & budgets and putting customer satisfaction high on their agenda. That's reality.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 150
headingly_mariner
March 21, 2018, 5:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face

The Trust is a member-led organisation with a board of representatives. When members aren’t engaging the Trust need to do more, but when members are given the opportunity to engage but don’t, they have to expect their reps to represent them. If they aren’t, then there is the option to challenge them.

Was it close to 600 people that took the time to fill in the survey?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 150
barralad
March 21, 2018, 5:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Was it close to 600 people that took the time to fill in the survey?

I think the final figure was 653? Don't quite know where that sits in terms of a good response...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 150
headingly_mariner
March 21, 2018, 5:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barralad

I think the final figure was 653? Don't quite know where that sits in terms of a good response...

It seems a pretty good response to me. 20% of season ticket holders. Shows that people will engage with the Trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 150
VinnyGTFC
March 21, 2018, 5:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I know Neil on the Newport board really well. It may shock you but there are many GTFC fans who run very successful businesses that deliver fantastic services & products to customers, working to plans & budgets and putting customer satisfaction high on their agenda. That's reality.

Why would that shock me. I can fit into those categories too so that's my point. No one knows who I am or what I'm about but I also know some self opinionated over egotistical know it all know nothing merchants who would have much more chance than I would have of  becoming part of a fan built set up. Again to be frank there are some thoughtful  , intelligent knowledgeable fans of which I'm sure you are one. But Christ there are some bloody idiots too that I wouldn't want anywhere near my football club.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 150
Tell the truth
March 21, 2018, 5:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
Barralad How much was handed over to the club,and when we're the club given this money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 150
MuddyWaters
March 21, 2018, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Why would that shock me. I can fit into those categories too so that's my point. No one knows who I am or what I'm about but I also know some self opinionated over egotistical know it all know nothing merchants who would have much more chance than I would have of  becoming part of a fan built set up. Again to be frank there are some thoughtful  , intelligent knowledgeable fans of which I'm sure you are one. But Christ there are some bloody idiots too that I wouldn't want anywhere near my football club.

That's why you have a larger number on the board to vote the idiots down. As opposed to a board of 5 where at least 3 politely nod.
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 150
Gaffer58
March 21, 2018, 6:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Was the trust given a position on the board or was it only available by paying the £30, if it was the second one then how much do the other board members contribute each season, unless our favourite accountant gives his time and expertise for nothing, or does he charge the club the going rate. These questions should be easily answered as I assume any charges would show up in the company accounts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 150
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does the Trust have the acumen to force Fenty out.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.