1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
March 18, 2018, 8:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Been approved by the council 1000s of new home to be built but none on the parkway, surely this is the kiss of death to our stadium plans,( yet another Fenty failure please please go.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Yoda
March 18, 2018, 8:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
The stadium news has gone quiet because it is dead in the water, the developer has pulled out but Fenty dare not say this as he cannot afford anymore bad news at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Maringer
March 18, 2018, 9:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,398
Gold Stars: 184
Wouldn't the 'enabling development' housing be privately held stuff? This would be the only way that an investor could be found to fund the stadium complex i.e. from the profits to be made from the housing (though some of this would still have to be 'affordable').

With this in mind, you'd hope that there wouldn't be any council housing on the Parkway as that's theoretically reserved for the private development.

Good news about the council housing, however. Some common sense possible once again given a change in attitude from government?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
jimgtfc
March 18, 2018, 9:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Wasn’t the idea of the housing linked to the stadium that it wouldn’t be near Peaks Parkway, as in somewhere else in the town? Sure I read that.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Maringer
March 18, 2018, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,398
Gold Stars: 184
I think there were packets of land all over the town which would be sold to any developer with planning permission attached. At least that's the impression I got from the initial announcement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
KingstonMariner
March 18, 2018, 11:10am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The initial 'plan' was a mix of residential and commercial development with the stadium on Peaks Parkway. Then after the snowboarders came on board (can't remember their name it's been so long since any announcement) there was a statement that they were also looking for additional plots around the area for the enabling development - which suggests to me that the numbers for PP alone did not stack up.

You're right Maringer in that the development would have to include a proportion of 'affordable' housing. Though if the council are to commission the building of 1000s of new council housing units then that might actually help the enabling development as the council might be able to relax the requirement to build affordable housing.

However, the whole thing still smacks of double standards because we were told that some sites were not big enough to fit any enabling development, yet the latest we were told is that there was a search for  more space elsewhere not at PP!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
moosey_club
March 18, 2018, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Housing Associations and Social Landlords already develop social housing on new build sites, it works for any private developer to have some plots made available as it eases through the planning application.
The multis are due to start being pulled down soon with Comber Place already gone and the Freeman Way development at the bottom of Freeman St all fenced off that too may be going as well...i can only see social housing / starter homes going back on that site because of the general neighbourhood.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
pontoon442
March 18, 2018, 11:51am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Fenty's latest plan is a plan that will never work, its a plan in name only as he has no other plan, this plan will last until the next plan is thought up.  Just think why would a builder build houses elsewhere in Grimsby then pay for a stadium to be built.  They just have get hold of the land build there houses, sell or rent them & keep all the profit, the planning regulations are so weak now they can almost build where they like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Council housing strategy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.