3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
March 18, 2018, 8:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
Question for those who go and watch training. Does mccalister attend and does he train with the first team squad ?
Seems so strange that given our few options in midfield that he can’t even get on the bench
What as he done wrong is he refusing to play
Yesterday when Matt dean asked jolly about injuries there was no mention of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
11MARINER11
March 18, 2018, 8:38am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -55
Wonder if hes the so called trouble maker ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
crusty ole pie
March 18, 2018, 8:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 11MARINER11
Wonder if hes the so called trouble maker ?

Crossed my mind too but he was not a Slade signing was he ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
golfer
March 18, 2018, 8:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
A complete waste of money-3-4 games since we signed him and people still keep calling for him to be in the team-most likely a call in desperation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
crusty ole pie
March 18, 2018, 8:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from golfer
A complete waste of money-3-4 games since we signed him and people still keep calling for him to be in the team-most likely a call in desperation.

Perhaps it is but we are DESPERATE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
jimgtfc
March 18, 2018, 9:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Played less than 10 games in 2 years, had numerous injuries in that time, and prior to that only been a decent lower league player. Maybe he’s nowhere near the standard anymore. Injuries can really take their toll. In the state we’re in, if he was good enough he would have been in the team.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Maringer
March 18, 2018, 9:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
If he is indeed fit, it surely can't be anything else but a contractual thing - i.e. his deal automatically gives him an extra year of he appears in both seasons.

If so, this would be a bloody silly deal to give him in the first place, but that sounds entirely possible knowing those doing the recruiting!

You'd imagine he will be one of the better paid players, but the situation is so dire, can we afford not to play him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Posh Harry
March 18, 2018, 9:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Maringer
If he is indeed fit, it surely can't be anything else but a contractual thing - i.e. his deal automatically gives him an extra year of he appears in both seasons.

If so, this would be a bloody silly deal to give him in the first place, but that sounds entirely possible knowing those doing the recruiting!

You'd imagine he will be one of the better paid players, but the situation is so dire, can we afford not to play him?

Can’t be contractual. No one in the history of the game has negotiated a contract where playing 10-15 games over 2 years kicks in a new one year deal.

I agree there must be a reason but no one seems to know. We have many weak areas on the pitch but centre midfield is the heart beat of the team and Berrett is just shocking from the few times I have seen him and it seems that is the view of the majority, so there must be something else going on behind the scenes.

Maybe he is not showing the right attitude in training, maybe he is not fit enough (didn’t play that much for York when on loan did he?). I know he claims he is fit, but maybe it is in his own interest to do so.

I do think the question needs to be asked though, and realistically that can only be done by the press in the public domain as non of us are going to get an answer. I am not on that Twitter thingy, maybe someone can ask Matt Dean why he is not asking the question, or whether he can do so.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
arryarryarry
March 18, 2018, 2:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jimgtfc
Played less than 10 games in 2 years, had numerous injuries in that time, and prior to that only been a decent lower league player. Maybe he’s nowhere near the standard anymore. Injuries can really take their toll. In the state we’re in, if he was good enough he would have been in the team.

Most of our players are nowhere near the standard required.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
dapperz fun pub
March 18, 2018, 3:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from arryarryarry

Most of our players are nowhere near the standard required.

Virtually all of our squad doesn’t cut it I’d only keep 4/5 for next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mccalister

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.