2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
denni266
March 18, 2018, 8:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
we dont have a chance of winning with a manager who is slade mk 3.... berrett and woolford  and a central mid playing out wide.. so far he is not the manager i want to see picking the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
fishyfanny
March 18, 2018, 8:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I think its a hard ask to judge any Manager having to work with this current crop of players, within what, two weeks?

Very, very harsh indeed.....give the bloke a fair crack of the whip!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
lukeo
March 18, 2018, 8:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,361
Gold Stars: 143
I will make some sort of assessment (not judgement) on MJ at the end of the season. Its a terrible squad which he didnt put together. So give him 12 games? Of someone else's squad and let's see what things he can show. From what I've seen on here and text etc it's refreshing to see he's not scared to shuffle things around and make subs at any time of the game..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
11MARINER11
March 18, 2018, 8:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -55
I meant a judgement on how hes doing so far with not a lot to work with , the start hes made , not a judgement on him totally , that would be very foolish and very unfair
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
TAGG
March 18, 2018, 8:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from 11MARINER11
If you know your football and our squad you will know we wer never going to get a result at Lincoln .  And we will not get one at Coventry , i for one will make my first judgement on Jolly after the Stevenage game .

If he keeps us up he will be a legend because he's inherited the biggest pile of junk in GTFC history.

The time to judge him will be next Xmas after he's got his own team together.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
denni266
March 18, 2018, 8:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from fishyfanny
I think its a hard ask to judge any Manager having to work with this current crop of players, within what, two weeks?

Very, very harsh indeed.....give the bloke a fair crack of the whip!

Yes it is harsh , but we dont have the luxury of time,, and as stated he watched 3 games before joining us , He is supposed to be the brainy  one . every one can see that all he is doing is the same as slade and wilco so far . and our league status in the balance . the same will not get us out of this mess , and that is what we have got... the same... two of that team should not be any where near a football team. and wingers play out wide not center mids.. Why is Mcalister not in the squad ? If i was one of the other players and saw berrett and woolford picked ahead of me, i would be knocking his door down and saying am out here is my boots bye
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Mariner93er
March 18, 2018, 9:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
He could manage this squad for 5 seasons and he's still struggle to get anything out of them. They're shite, it's as simple as that. The funny thing yesterday was that there was that much hostility when we went 3-0 down, just a quiet acceptance of what recall expected.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
KingstonMariner
March 18, 2018, 11:04am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It's not just harsh Denni. It's ridiculous. You can't expect anyone to change things that much with this squad. And as Swansea pointed out on another thread, he has already made changes. Yes he's picking a lot of the same players but then he hasn't got a lot of choice has he.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2018, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
I'll judge him on how quickly he can take us up from The National League

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
sam gy
March 18, 2018, 11:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from denni266
we dont have a chance of winning with a manager who is slade mk 3.... berrett and woolford  and a central mid playing out wide.. so far he is not the manager i want to see picking the team

Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Except you.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2018, 11:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from denni266

Opinions are like ar$eholes - everybody's got one and most of them stink - particularly yours.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
GrimRob
March 18, 2018, 11:23am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
We need to forget about the goal at the other end of the pitch and just concentrate at stopping balls going in the one behind us.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 19
March 18, 2018, 11:24am
Guest User
Goal-a-game start - so if he can tighten up the defence we may get enough points to survive.             /* Other straws may also be clutched at....  */

Question: what Town defence would you have?

I've a sneaking feeling Clarke & Collins might look different players with quick legs behind them....maybe Mills as a sweeper??
Reply: 12 - 19
oldun
March 18, 2018, 11:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I'll judge him on how quickly he can take us up from The National League

That scenario is a real worry. The National League is a bear pit. There are a number of ex league clubs at the foot of the table, York dropped out last year. Wrexham have been there for what seams like a lifetime. The thought of us going back there is very unpleasant. Having said that you only end up there if the team are not good enough to stay in the league. That's how it works. I think MJ has the skills to be successful and I really hope e can do it with us. I have had enough of the managerial merrygoround.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 18, 2018, 11:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It would not matter if he was Atilla The Hun, he cannot get on the pitch and stop defenders from making a rick or make strikers score. The question is whether he can cajole or terrify players into doing it. Jury is out on that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
BottesfordMariner
March 18, 2018, 11:58am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
As a few have said far too early to judge the manager at this point. Even if the unthinkable happens at the end of the season.

He needs to bring his own players and stamp his style on the team. Slade was a man who had clearly run out of fresh ideas. I believe this guy at least still has those.

But you have to think we cant just rely on Chesterfield & Barnet to remain as excrement as us. One of them (probably Chesterfield right now) may be capable of nicking a few wins. We still need 3 wins to be pretty confident I feel . And where will they come from ???  

The lack of goals is well documented. But the defence is what is causing as much concern. We havent kept a clean sheet in 16 games and conceded an average of 2 goals a game in that span. Yesterday was the 5th time we have conceded 3 goals as well.

Hopefully MJ will seem conclude like the rest of us that Collins and Clarke are too old...too immobile...too slow...too statuesque to play together. Break that partnership up asap mate.

The lack of ability is there to see throughout the team. But it s the mental toughness that gets you out of trouble. And right now Town dont appear to have any of that. Far too brittle. Vale came from 2 down yesterday ...can you see Town doing that???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 12:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
When a team is struggling, every fan thinks they have the answer. Leave out player A and bring in player B, because player A is sh1te. Do you not think that a manager who has a UEFA Pro license can't see the same as the fans? The team is changing on an almost weekly basis and yet, lo and behold, we are still sh1te and still not winning. Three successive managers and caretaker managers have not picked McAllister, so there must be a reason why. The difference is that the manager actually has to pick a team to go out on the pitch, when every single fan will have their own ideas on what the team should be, despite not having the knowledge or background info that the management team have. Perhaps that was the best team we could have put out yesterday, but Lincoln could simply put out a better one. If he'd played different players, how do you know for certain that we would have done any better? We may have done worse and lost by 4 or 5 goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
Cloudy
March 18, 2018, 12:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from denni266

Yes it is harsh , but we dont have the luxury of time,, and as stated he watched 3 games before joining us , He is supposed to be the brainy  one . every one can see that all he is doing is the same as slade and wilco so far . and our league status in the balance . the same will not get us out of this mess , and that is what we have got... the same... two of that team should not be any where near a football team. and wingers play out wide not center mids.. Why is Mcalister not in the squad ? If i was one of the other players and saw berrett and woolford picked ahead of me, i would be knocking his door down and saying am out here is my boots bye

Thought you stopped going to games some times ago?

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Cloudy
March 18, 2018, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 137
Goal-a-game start - so if he can tighten up the defence we may get enough points to survive.             /* Other straws may also be clutched at....  */

Question: what Town defence would you have?

I've a sneaking feeling Clarke & Collins might look different players with quick legs behind them....maybe Mills as a sweeper??

Didn't we do that at Cambridge. Little effect?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
denni266
March 18, 2018, 1:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Thought you stopped going to games some times ago?

I did while slade was here. went back last week and it was dire to say the least. i have a stevenage ticket but not sure if i am going to go,, and yes i do not have coaching badges,, but i do have over 50 yrs watching town and i think i know a footballer when i see one,,, i do not for one minute blame MJ for what he has been left with , but more changes need to be made , not changing and acting quick has put us in this situation . at least give it a go and go down fighting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Judgement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.