HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 10:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from chaos33
And yet he did show them the door, and signed Berrett, Vernon, Summerfield etc. Apparently we needed more quality.

Relevance?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 69
chaos33
March 17, 2018, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,869
Gold Stars: 353
We had better players in our last two years in the conference than we have now.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 69
MuddyWaters
March 17, 2018, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33

We had better players at the end of last season than we have now. With the possible exception of Dembele, I can't think of one Slade signing that improved us.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 69
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 10:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Don't disagree but what that has to do with the title of the thread I'm not sure. My point was about Hurst had a degree of discipline in the squad and not his about his transfer dealings. Also those "better players" where all signed by Hurst so to a degree you could be seen as contradicting yourself.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 69
zorro_is_a_Mariner
March 17, 2018, 10:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I really thought we got away from all this when we got relegated the first time. we had flipping conlon not bothering to turn up to training so many time wasters and poor older players looking for a last contract.

The time in the conference built us all together and we assembled a decent squad, we appoint bignot then flipping slade who has completely ripped us apart, he has copulated us over big time with the wasters his signed on 2 year deals he didn't have a clue Wilkinson is just as bad imo.

It they is any trouble makers sack the twits they don't deserve to play for us anymore, hopefully most of them don't at the end of the season anyway. Utm

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 69
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 10:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We had better players at the end of last season than we have now. With the possible exception of Dembele, I can't think of one Slade signing that improved us.

When was the last time Dembele had an influence on a Town game?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 69
KingstonMariner
March 17, 2018, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58
This is what I don't understand about Slade, on RH today it was mentioned that Jolley has given the players a diet/ nutrition plan, I thought nowadays this sort of thing was standard, haven't we a fitness coach in the club already. Just makes you wonder how professional and modern Slade was.

I thought nowadays players might have an idea themselves what to eat and drink to be at their best and ask if they're not getting the guidance they need.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 69
Swansea_Mariner
March 17, 2018, 10:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
WTF we are 38 games into a season and a new manger comes and has to start giving out nutrition plans. These are supposed to be professional athletes.

I am so angry at Slade, this sort of thing beggars belief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 69
Grimbiggs
March 17, 2018, 11:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from chaos33

This is the poorest squad in all my time watching Town (over 40 years), and this must be the worst bunch of strikers we must have ever had. Normally you have one jewel who'll grab you at least a dozen goals a season, the six or so strikers we have on the books will do well to score a dozen between them all season.....this current team would almost certainly be competing in the bottom half of the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 69
LH
March 17, 2018, 11:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Poorest squad in all my time watching Town (over 40 years), and this must be the worst bunch of strikers we must have ever had. Normally you have one jewel who'll grab you at least a dozen goals a season, the six or so strikers we have on the books will do well to score a dozen between them all season.....this current team would almost certainly be competing in the bottom half of the conference.

We had that striker who could get a dozen goals but the dopey girl privates who make the decisions sold him!
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Troublemaker player

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.