Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1st game after years of not going.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 213 Guests

1st game after years of not going.

This thread currently has 1,541 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Not again.
March 17, 2018, 7:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
Today was the first game I've been to in a while due to work and health issues, firstly can I say what great support from our fans, secondly I think we will be fine and will be playing our six fingered neighbours again next season.
Also can we leave the abuse of the players on the back burner and get behind the lads in all our remaining games especially at home, I think they tried their best today and I really felt for them.
Finally, the new manager comes across really well and doesn't sound like the last cretin we had in charge.
Yes, admittedly there is a lot to be angry about right now but only we the fans can get behind the lads and back them in games to end this shitty season on a high point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
March 17, 2018, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
The fans make no difference whatsoever, despite the often repeated cliche.Turning up in numbers, getting behind the lads....whatever. It won't stop the players being sh1t. The squad is terrible. Survival won't be won in the stands; it's all about what happens on the pitch, and what happens on the pitch is invariably a steaming pile of turd thanks to Slade, Wilkinson and Fenty. So, show up, or don't. It makes not a bit of difference.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
ginnywings
March 17, 2018, 7:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33
The fans make no difference whatsoever, despite the often repeated cliche.Turning up in numbers, getting behind the lads....whatever. It won't stop the players being sh1t. The squad is terrible. Survival won't be won in the stands; it's all about what happens on the pitch, and what happens on the pitch is invariably a steaming pile of turd thanks to Slade, Wilkinson and Fenty. So, show up, or don't. It makes not a bit of difference.

Our think our survival is now down to what happens on other pitches, because it is clear we don't have the skill or the fight to affect things ourselves.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
chaos33
March 17, 2018, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Probably right. I'm f***ing angry that somebody sanctioned this mess. Allowed this to go on. It's appalling. This squad is absolutely terrible. If we go down it's the end. It should never have come to this.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Not again.
March 18, 2018, 9:28am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
Tbh, what I saw happening in front of me was a million miles from the Buckley sides I grew up watching, ironically, Dave gilbert was stood next to me in our end. How we could do with players of that quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1st game after years of not going.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.