Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we stay up after today's result ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 324 Guests

Will we stay up ?
Yes
No
Not sure
  View Results 162 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will we stay up after today's result ?

This thread currently has 8,059 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Not again.
March 18, 2018, 6:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
Quoted from RonMariner

If only that were true.

We are far from secure.

There is no evidence that we can win another game.

We have got three points so far this year.

This is without doubt the worst Town team I have seen in almost fifty years.

I can see Chesterfield beating us at Blundell Park. All they need to do is score one goal and we are sunk.

What shall we do then just "give up" ?
We are 6 points clear with only a few games left, yes they have games in hand but points on the board are better surely?
I don't understand the hysteria and panic coming out of the fans, stay cool, we will be fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
lew chaterleys lover
March 18, 2018, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Not again.

What shall we do then just "give up" ?
We are 6 points clear with only a few games left, yes they have games in hand but points on the board are better surely?
I don't understand the hysteria and panic coming out of the fans, stay cool, we will be fine.

We cannot score, we cannot create, we leak goals and are the worst performing team in the country, and have lost 4 out of the last 5 and haven't won in something like 18 games.

On what basis do you say it will all be ok?

Like you I hope it is ok, but I just cannot see it myself.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
Not again.
March 18, 2018, 7:11pm
Coke Drinker

We cannot score, we cannot create, we leak goals and are the worst performing team in the country, and have lost 4 out of the last 5 and haven't won in something like 18 games.

On what basis do you say it will all be ok?

Like you I hope it is ok, but I just cannot see it myself.

Chesterfield and Barnet aren't going to turn into Barcelona overnight are they? Ask their supporters if they would swap positions with us they would bite your hands off.
Yes,we are dire for sure, but we are above them and will e when the last ball is kicked, then next season we get rid of the rubbish and build a team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Yeah, next season. It's always about next season at this club. One day Rodders, i'll be a millionaire,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
Not again.
March 18, 2018, 7:26pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Yeah, next season. It's always about next season at this club. One day Rodders, i'll be a millionaire,

Maybe your correct, but there's those who fight until the end, then there's those who roll over and die, don't expect the players to battle and die for the cause if the fans can't be arsed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 7:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Not again.

Maybe your correct, but there's those who fight until the end, then there's those who roll over and die, don't expect the players to battle and die for the cause if the fans can't be arsed.

You really think the fans can motivate this lot into a recognisable football team? It won't make a jot of difference what we do. The fans have backed the club to the hilt and nothing ever changes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
Not again.
March 18, 2018, 7:35pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

You really think the fans can motivate this lot into a recognisable football team? It won't make a jot of difference what we do. The fans have backed the club to the hilt and nothing ever changes.

I think the fans have little effect, the chairman chose to wait until after the transfer window had closed before finally bowing to pressure and sacking his monkey idiot manager. Obviously, now the new guy cannot spend money ,let's hope he has the guile to cobble together a few decent results, I personally like the guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 7:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Now you have confused me by contradicting your own post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
Not again.
March 18, 2018, 7:45pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Now you have confused me by contradicting your own post.

What I'm trying to say is whilst the fans care about what happens and turn out in great numbers , everything we do is undermined by the idiots running the club, but giving up on the players won't help , despite this the chairman seems to be doing his best to get us relegated, all we can do is get behind the team, it helps massively ,especially at home, despite the gloom I'm not at all worried about going down we will not get relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 7:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Fair enough. I always support the team, no matter what, and will do until the end of the season. Next season....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we stay up after today's result ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.