Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we stay up after today's result ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

Will we stay up ?
Yes
No
Not sure
  View Results 162 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will we stay up after today's result ?

This thread currently has 8,058 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
March 17, 2018, 6:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I don't think there's any evidence to even contemplate that we're staying up. It's pretty much got to the point when we have to match Chesterfield game by game and I can't see us doing that at all. Final nail in the coffin for me was the team selection today. I know it's only two games in but I thought MJ was really going to shake things up. It just seems more of the same with Matt and Clarke book-ending a very unadventurous and slow side. I had really hoped that he'd build a side around creative talents like Dembele and DJ and looked beyond the fragile bodies and minds of players like Clarke but it seems like our training ground is in some parallel universe compared to matchdays.

If we go down we are royally fooked. If we stay up, we're relatively fooked with JF in charge. Nothing's going to change too much compared to the last two seasons and they've been two of the worst in my living memory. Fifteen years of shite football, fifteen years of false promises, fifteen years of "competitive" budgets and fifteen years of pointing in random fields on the outskirts of Grimsby promising spades will be breaking ground in the near future.

I used to love being a Grimsby fan, loved it, had a right laugh along the years. Hate being a Grimsby fan now, fooking hate it. It really depresses me to know what we've become and I can't do anything about it because my love for the club will never die. The biggest crying shame is that there's thousands of others feeling exactly the same as me. Grimsby as a town needs something to hold on to and the only thing left is the football club and I can see it losing that too.

It has been said on this thread that the current talentless Town team make everything look like hard work, the board make running a Football League club look even harder. If we go down, it is they who gambled with our league status, they should be the ones to pay with their positions and in JF's case also in pounds, shillings and pence for devaluing the product for such a long and sustained period. None of that crapp about them vetting who is fit and proper to run the club in the future, their record means they're in no position to make that judgement at all. They can just leave a void and it will get filled and in all honesty the chances are anyone who steps up could do better.

Whether we stay up or not, barring one or two, every player should go. Whether we stay up or not, barring one or two, every official at the club should go too. The level of incompetence on and off the field is breathtaking and it needs to change. I'm a Town fan so I don't expect too much, but this is just fooking dire..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Ipswin
March 17, 2018, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GrimRob
We are slightly better off at the end of today than we were at the beginning. Park the bus and play for a point at Coventry. Repeat for every game this season. Our strikers cannot score so we may as well replace them with more defensive players.

Trouble is Rob clean sheets are as rare as goals scored. We can park the bus but we always leave the doors open!

I think its all down to one game If we lose to Chesterfield we are down. Not bothered about beating Barnet, Chesterfield will do that on the last day, we just have to beat them (hope Fenty pays for police inside BP)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
Marinerz93
March 17, 2018, 7:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Anyone who saw how easily they scored with a pot shot for the 1st, anyone who saw how easily Clarke was beaten for their 2nd and anyone who saw how useless Woolford, Berrett, Matt were, could see that we were playing with at least 8 - 7 players .

We rarely cleared the ball to our players, so we came under unnecessary pressure, we are also not composed in front of goal as some golden chances went flying over the bar.

Has Jolley got any more players he could bring in.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
Not again.
March 17, 2018, 7:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
The irony of Lincoln fans singing about us going down whilst the week before when they virtually secured our survival by beating Chesterfield was sadly lost on them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
RonMariner
March 18, 2018, 1:47am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Not again.
The irony of Lincoln fans singing about us going down whilst the week before when they virtually secured our survival by beating Chesterfield was sadly lost on them.

If only that were true.

We are far from secure.

There is no evidence that we can win another game.

We have got three points so far this year.

This is without doubt the worst Town team I have seen in almost fifty years.

I can see Chesterfield beating us at Blundell Park. All they need to do is score one goal and we are sunk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
cannylad68
March 18, 2018, 8:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Just to mention, that statistically, few teams win away first, and then complete the double with the home fixture.
Watch this space.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
darren9
March 18, 2018, 9:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
I can’t wait to carry John Fenty on my shoulders at FGR after we stay up. Gonna be dead good that.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
Davec
March 18, 2018, 9:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I actually wouldn't mind John fenty being hosied aloft on people's shoulders, that way we can all throw rotten fruit and vegetables at him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
devs
March 18, 2018, 9:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Heart says we'll stay up
Head says we'll go down

After yesterday I cannot see any glimmer of hope in terms of creativity, goal threat, keeping a clean sheet with that team

I understand the logic about going for experience in a local derby but it was awful - especially second half when the next goal was so important and we didn't have any threat at all

I'd go really left field for Coventry and drop six players and change formation

OUT Davies, Clarke, Berret, Woolford, Matt, Cardwell

IN RHJ, Mills (centre back cos Suliman not available), Summers, McSheffrey, Jackson, Wilks (assuming three of those are fit)

Force us to play it on the ground and get more pace in the team; plus Harry would play in his best position

Can't be any worse??

But I fear it's all too late and the squad is so lacking that a miracle worker couldn't get us out of this

Three big matches Tuesday - of they go badly it gets ever more a three horse race for the drop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
March 18, 2018, 11:54am
Guest User
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
There are some teams on worse runs than us... Cowdenbeath and haven't won since August 12th!!!! Alhough they are winning 3-1 today!

That has cheered me up and filled me with optimism
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we stay up after today's result ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.