Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we stay up after today's result ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 170 Guests

Will we stay up ?
Yes
No
Not sure
  View Results 162 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will we stay up after today's result ?

This thread currently has 8,008 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
March 17, 2018, 5:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I think it's all down to the Barnet and Chesterfield games at home, win them then we'll be ok, draw it's gonna be tight but, lose either and we're down. Looking at us and those two the games between us will not be a footballing extravaganza.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
Mariner Ronnie
March 17, 2018, 5:53pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Ask me when if we get in the bottom 2.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
GrimRob
March 17, 2018, 6:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
We are slightly better off at the end of today than we were at the beginning. Park the bus and play for a point at Coventry. Repeat for every game this season. Our strikers cannot score so we may as well replace them with more defensive players.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 42
Mikey_345
March 17, 2018, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,255
Gold Stars: 95
No real change over the last week in terms of been closer to the relegation places but 2 less games to be caught.

We just have to match Chesterfields results, yes they have two in hand but they are also in terrible form like ourselves.

Hopeful Wilks and Jackson can have an impact when they come back into side.

Despite an awful 10 minutes I think we showed improvement from where we were. Doesn’t make a bit of difference to the outcome or the result been any more acceptable because it simply isn’t, I get that, but going forward we looked to be more of a threat than in the past, just couldn’t get the goals. Hit bar twice before they took lead.

We have to try and take positives and move on - the alternative isn’t worth thinking about.

Think Vale, Crewe and FGR still very much involved.

So answer to the question - yes I think we can and will still stay up.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
lew chaterleys lover
March 17, 2018, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from GrimRob
We are slightly better off at the end of today than we were at the beginning. Park the bus and play for a point at Coventry. Repeat for every game this season. Our strikers cannot score so we may as well replace them with more defensive players.

We are slightly worse off surely? Chesterfield gained a point as did some others.

I agree on your substantive point though. We only need a few draws in reality so lets make ourselves incredibly difficult to beat.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
limerickfan
March 17, 2018, 6:05pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +26
Think we was always going to loose at Lincolne never had much of a team to pick from through one reason or another, need to get injuries sorted the 2 or 3 better players in the team and i think we will see better results under new manager, have hope, never give up we are town
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 42
ginnywings
March 17, 2018, 6:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537

We are slightly worse off surely? Chesterfield gained a point as did some others.

I agree on your substantive point though. We only need a few draws in reality so lets make ourselves incredibly difficult to beat.

Was going to say the same thing.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
Mikey_345
March 17, 2018, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,255
Gold Stars: 95

One less game left though and only one point closer. (We gained a point over them last week so sort of cancels that out)

Depends how you look at it I suppose.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
lew chaterleys lover
March 17, 2018, 6:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Mikey_345

One less game left though and only one point closer. (We gained a point over them last week so sort of cancels that out)

Depends how you look at it I suppose.

Rob said after today we were better off which isn't true because we got "nil points" when others got one or 3 points.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
Grimbiggs
March 17, 2018, 6:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
I think Barnet looked doomed, but the other place is up for grabs, Chesterfield have been decimated by injuries, but are getting one or two players back now, so could pick up the odd result......we are leaking goals in for fun, have a powder-puff attack and are struggling to pick up points. If we lose to Chesterfield I think there's a good chance we'll get relegated. Realistically I had to say not sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we stay up after today's result ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.