3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
March 16, 2018, 11:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Braintree were fking awful to watch.....defend defend defend for your lives.........hope for  a chance to lump into the box

Lincoln..not too bad to watch in all honestly...pressure the opposition and as soon as you win the win the ball back..send a high deep one into Rhead....

If you dont score from that  No.1 set play......... at least force a corner and get another opportunity from a No.2 set play

They do appear to be enthusiastic...their players seem so also.....can easily see us getting turned over tomorrow.

But ..............its a funny old game. UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
forza ivano
March 17, 2018, 1:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Tbh they are probably a superior Hurst.had success at concord rangers before going to Braintree who got relegated the year after the Cowley's had took the smallest club in the division to a whisker of a wembley final.
Lincoln ,let's be honest, were an awful conference team before they were appointed and look where they are now.they remind me of jolley. No pretension,intelligent,adaptive and pyschologically aware. IMHO they will have too much off and on the pitch for us tomorrow.hope I'm wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
March 17, 2018, 8:39am
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Braintree were fking awful to watch.....defend defend defend for your lives.........hope for  a chance to lump into the box

They had plumbers and accountants playing for them and if that defender hadn't pulled Josh Gowlings shirt then things would have been very different in my opinion. They played to their strengths and there is nothing wrong with that. If they had tried to outfootball us, it would have been six or seven goals for us over two legs. An ability to pull a team, a squad together and get people believing is more important than clever formations and game plans. For me, at the moment we don't really have a team spirit - that's based on what happens when we go a goal down, based on body language when we concede, the rare occasions we score and general fight and desire. Course, it also has a lot to do with the character of the players. We have no spine, we had a one man spine and we let him go to Wrexham and brought in an aging 50p head instead who plays like a clown.
Reply: 22 - 23
moosey_club
March 17, 2018, 10:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from 75

They had plumbers and accountants playing for them and if that defender hadn't pulled Josh Gowlings shirt then things would have been very different in my opinion. They played to their strengths and there is nothing wrong with that. If they had tried to outfootball us, it would have been six or seven goals for us over two legs. An ability to pull a team, a squad together and get people believing is more important than clever formations and game plans. For me, at the moment we don't really have a team spirit - that's based on what happens when we go a goal down, based on body language when we concede, the rare occasions we score and general fight and desire. Course, it also has a lot to do with the character of the players. We have no spine, we had a one man spine and we let him go to Wrexham and brought in an aging 50p head instead who plays like a clown.

agree....but its the tactical thing that i actually think they are limited on...without doubt they have the ability to get the best out of players but i just think from what i have seen of Braintree and Lincoln they have a pretty predictable way of playing. The diagonal to Rhead is the basis of their attack , win that first ball and you largely nulify them. Collins will hopefully relish that challenge today as he loves the high balls.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are the Cowleys that innovative

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.