Gaffer58
March 16, 2018, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from acko338
Did anyone see the video on BBC1 when they had just taken over at Lincoln?

Some of the close skills training showed that even if they play lump football, the players have training skills to make the most of knock ons, and quick one on one situations, and changes of tactics - what have we had over the last season to compare with that level of skills work?

We've had power points, everybody knows in the modern game it's what you do in the classroom that counts, not on the training ground!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
nightrider
March 16, 2018, 8:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
Didn't we have a tactic where it was lumped forward diagonally under Hurst?

And before that he deployed the 'bypass the midfield' tactic

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
dapperz fun pub
March 16, 2018, 8:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Clearly clever switched on guys the only negative I see is what a pair of moaning bastardss constantly whinging from the sidelines at every decision that goes against them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
KingstonMariner
March 16, 2018, 8:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
From what I've seen of their sides, they're not innovative. Just competent. They ensure that what their teams have to do they do it to the best of their ability.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Impish2
March 16, 2018, 9:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Better than Graham Taylor?

Yes, GT was less than 46%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
sydney
March 16, 2018, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
I fear they will have enough to extend our unbeaten run though
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
HertsGTFC

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,632
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Impish2

Yes, GT was less than 46%

Even though he took you up in 75/76 you say Danny Cowley is better than Graham Taylor?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
sydney
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
Sorry not unbeaten
In mean winless 🤭
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
jamesgtfc
March 16, 2018, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
They appear good motivators and they understand the game. Everyone has their level and they place a big emphasis on their team being among the fittest which is backed up by looking at how many games they have score a winner/equaliser late on.

I often go to Lincoln matches as part of my job but unfortunately I am elsewhere tomorrow and I was reading one programme which spoke about how they assessed fitness. Matt Rhead is assessed differently to the rest as he isn't capable of reaching the fitness they require but they analyse how many high impacts he gets through in games. They usually play the high pressing game that Jolley apparently favours.

I would say that we have a similar budget to Lincoln but we spent ours on 30+ players whilst they have much less but of higher quality like Bostwick who will probably play centre half and run the show.

Danny Cowley demands 30 crosses a game as his team score every 26 crosses so we need to be on our game to stop this.

Gutted I can't be there and will have to settle for JT telling us all how Clarke has cleared it half away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Abdul19
March 16, 2018, 11:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from Skrill

I think the Cowleys are hidden gems, expect their future will be like Hurst flirting with the Championship.

Hidden? They must be the most talked about 4th division brothers since *insert famous 4th division brothers here*

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are the Cowleys that innovative

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.