moosey_club
March 13, 2018, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Bigdog

I hope so Ascend. I'm also hoping that the board are currently working tirelessly on ways to ensure that, by the beginning of next season, they've left no stone unturned in trying to bridge the gap between GTFC and LCFC so we can compete on a more even footing next season rather that relying purely on a new manager bounce..

Wont happen.....and pound to penny i can name a couple of reasons the club may use ;

Its the fans fault...LCFC fans backed the Checkatrade, they got to the final, earned 750k in the process,  because of the bullyboy tactics led by the Fishy 5 our fans were too scared to go, we made 50p as a result.

LCFC enjoyed football fortune in the previous season by having the audacity to win some FA Cup games, this brought them untold riches & additional support which LCFC then had the cheek to capture for the following season by underhandedly devaluing the product and discounting ST prices instead of raising them.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
KingstonMariner
March 13, 2018, 8:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

Wont happen.....and pound to penny i can name a couple of reasons the club may use ;

Its the fans fault...LCFC fans backed the Checkatrade, they got to the final, earned 750k in the process,  because of the bullyboy tactics led by the Fishy 5 our fans were too scared to go, we made 50p as a result.

LCFC enjoyed football fortune in the previous season by having the audacity to win some FA Cup games, this brought them untold riches & additional support which LCFC then had the cheek to capture for the following season by underhandedly devaluing the product and discounting ST prices instead of raising them .

Exactly. And what the fornicators won’t point out is that only two teams will get to the final so not much chance of us getting there, or any of the other 60(query exact number) clubs. And whether 10 or 10,000 paying customers went to the games, we stood zero chance with a excrement manager in charge who failed to win a single game in the tournament.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
moosey_club
March 13, 2018, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Exactly. And what the fornicators won’t point out is that only two teams will get to the final so not much chance of us getting there, or any of the other 60(query exact number) clubs. And whether 10 or 10,000 paying customers went to the games, we stood zero chance with a excrement manager in charge who failed to win a single game in the tournament.

Just for clarity are you referring to Hurst, Bignot or Slade  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
Marinerz93
March 13, 2018, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
"sensible GY supporters would admit Lincoln have always had the potential to be the bigger club"

[img]https://i.imgur.com/E7qbRJ0.gif[/img]

What flavour are those windows, only sensible fans can see that investment has brought you success and now you are reaping the rewards for it, your gates for over 100 years have been below ours, one season you get more than us and you are all blowing a load on how big you are.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cmO8YVe.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Cloudy
March 14, 2018, 7:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
All this 'never expected us to go up this season' is bullshit

Imps fans expected to walk the league, they were creaming themselves over their rise up the divisions claiming the only stop would be in the Championship. They invested big and look like coming up short
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
nealeardleyscrossing
March 14, 2018, 8:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -349
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Cloudy
All this 'never expected us to go up this season' is bullshit

Imps fans expected to walk the league, they were creaming themselves over their rise up the divisions claiming the only stop would be in the Championship. They invested big and look like coming up short

Invested big in the divisions smallest squad  
We've spent cash, but the biggest investment is on the infrastructure, the 1 million on the training ground, lots of extra staff, New on-line ticketing systems, We are planning for the future, Maybe if your club did...

I think you will find that most of the sensible fans were happy with consolidating, I genuinely believe that we would have got bashed about had/if we go up this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
moosey_club
March 14, 2018, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker

We've spent cash, but the biggest investment is on the infrastructure, the 1 million on the training ground, lots of extra staff, New on-line ticketing systems, We are planning for the future, Maybe if your club did...

I think you will find that most of the sensible fans were happy with consolidating, I genuinely believe that we would have got bashed about had/if we go up this season.

Tut tut...just as i was starting to like you ....you spout ill informed opinion regards our  club...now as you are relatively new on here i will cut you some slack but allow me to educate you and show you how, in fact, (and we only deal in FACTS on here) GTFC are actually global leaders in future football planning ;

While football clubs are now frequently moving outside of their traditional home town and boroughs we set the trend in 1899 when we moved to Cleethorpes.
Ivano Bonetti , the first Italian to play in the football league ...at ? ...yes GTFC.
Foreign coaches now abound the leagues... of course it was GTFC who started this trend when looking to appoint Hungarian Elemer Berkessy back in the 1950's.
We were among the first clubs to announce plans for a new modern stadia back in the early 90's...way ahead of most. Not content with that, the club had the foresight to see that that particular stadium would be a white elephant within 20 yrs so cancelled the plans for it anyway (after a long succesful appeal process to get permission to build it) and later announced plans for another just as likely stadia some 20 yrs later.
The marketing department are so far ahead they issued leisure wear items emblazened with the new stadium name on years before even solid plans were on the table.
We havn't spent a penny on Blundell Park in years because we know that one day, in the future, it will just eventually fall down.
We have appointed a manager with no previous football league managerial experience, therefore assuring we now have a manager whose success must be in the future.

GTFC World Leaders  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
nealeardleyscrossing
March 14, 2018, 9:47am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Tut tut...just as i was starting to like you ....you spout ill informed opinion regards our  club...now as you are relatively new on here i will cut you some slack but allow me to educate you and show you how, in fact, (and we only deal in FACTS on here) GTFC are actually global leaders in future football planning ;

While football clubs are now frequently moving outside of their traditional home town and boroughs we set the trend in 1899 when we moved to Cleethorpes.
Ivano Bonetti , the first Italian to play in the football league ...at ? ...yes GTFC.
Foreign coaches now abound the leagues... of course it was GTFC who started this trend when looking to appoint Hungarian Elemer Berkessy back in the 1950's.
We were among the first clubs to announce plans for a new modern stadia back in the early 90's...way ahead of most. Not content with that, the club had the foresight to see that that particular stadium would be a white elephant within 20 yrs so cancelled the plans for it anyway (after a long succesful appeal process to get permission to build it) and later announced plans for another just as likely stadia some 20 yrs later.
The marketing department are so far ahead they issued leisure wear items for our new stadium years before even solid plans were on the table.
We havn't spent a penny on Blundell Park in years because we know that one day, it will just eventually fall down.
We have appointed a manager with no previous football league managerial experience, therefore assuring we now have a manager whose success must be in the future.

GTFC World Leaders  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
Mariner_09
March 14, 2018, 9:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54

You've had some "football fortune" that has enabled you to do that though...
Seriously, even if we did have some of our own we wouldn't

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
nealeardleyscrossing
March 14, 2018, 10:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

You've had some "football fortune" that has enabled you to do that though...
Seriously, even if we did have some of our own we wouldn't

I totally agree - What I meant was that we had a 4 million turnover compared to a fraction of that the year before, and we could have spent it on the team, but I think spending it on the infrastructure, New state of the art training ground, bodes well for the future - Makes us a more attractive proposition for investment and for new players. Cowley states that we are playing catch up with Luton, Coventry and the likes but that we are catching them.

You must have spent some cash, You've a fairly big squad haven't you?.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vital Lincoln........bless em

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.