This thread currently has 10,938 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 12, 2018, 11:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
March 12, 2018, 11:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,953
Gold Stars: 532
Good luck to them. They are up and we are down at the moment. It will change, it always does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
MarinerBen
March 13, 2018, 1:17am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
Given their recent rise in ticket sales;

"Watch when you're winning, you only watch when you're winning.
Watch when you're win-ning"

Funny 'cause it's true!

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 44
grimps
March 13, 2018, 4:38am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,992
Gold Stars: 46
It’s not how much support when you’re winning that counts it’s how well supported you are when you’re shite .
We’ll sell out their away end again on Saturday , they’ve managed to do it at Blundell Park once in the 30 odd years I’ve been going
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Mariner Timsky
March 13, 2018, 5:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
And to do so on a 16 game winless streak makes it even more remarkable

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
MarinerBen
March 13, 2018, 7:05am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
...which is exactly my point. Still it will be nice to cause an upset in front of a large Lincoln home crowd.

Given the run we're on though I'd happily settle for a 0-1 loss this weekend. Here's to hoping MJ can Work some magic!

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 44
Cloudy
March 13, 2018, 7:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Town fans have ridiculed the Imps for years ( rightly so) but as far as I am concerned this no more important as any of he other remaining games. We want 3 points, we would be pleased with a point, if we lose then we need to put in a battling performance which will give us a bit more belief.

Don't understand why someone would trawl opposition web sites and copy them on here. Each to their own

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
March 13, 2018, 10:44am
Guest User
The rivalry of Lincoln & Grimsby supporters has never been so meaningless than it is in Saturday's fixture.

The only importance on Saturday is points for us. The only importance for them should be 3 points for them.

We would love a solitary and classic local derby point, which would be another step towards safety. 3 points would be magic.

They need 3 points, nothing less, since they are already getting the jitters with their shaky attempt to finish in the play off's. They are looking every bit like a club that this season will miss out and finish 8th - 10th in the league.

It's a must win game for them, and draw would be decent for us. But rivalry of fans comes second place to anything on Saturday. The entire focus will be on the result outcome.

I am very confident that when the first ball of the season is kicked at 3pm on a Saturday in August, that both Lincoln and Grimsby will be level, on zero points in EFL 2.
Reply: 7 - 44
moosey_club
March 13, 2018, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
All pretty sensible stuff in fairness to them, banter songs on the first thread and some half decent questions on the second one.

The only contentious one as far as i could see was the " sensible GY supporters would admit Lincoln have always had the potential to be the bigger club" ..... that single comment aside nothing on there that isn't mirrored on here really.  Just supporters being supporters.

Perversely i am hoping they do name check JF in their songs, having the opposition fans recognising his contribution is some going , so the more the merrier for me.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Bigdog
March 13, 2018, 12:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from 120790
The rivalry of Lincoln & Grimsby supporters has never been so meaningless than it is in Saturday's fixture.

The only importance on Saturday is points for us. The only importance for them should be 3 points for them.

We would love a solitary and classic local derby point, which would be another step towards safety. 3 points would be magic.

They need 3 points, nothing less, since they are already getting the jitters with their shaky attempt to finish in the play off's. They are looking every bit like a club that this season will miss out and finish 8th - 10th in the league.

It's a must win game for them, and draw would be decent for us. But rivalry of fans comes second place to anything on Saturday. The entire focus will be on the result outcome.

I am very confident that when the first ball of the season is kicked at 3pm on a Saturday in August, that both Lincoln and Grimsby will be level, on zero points in EFL 2.

I hope so Ascend. I'm also hoping that the board are currently working tirelessly on ways to ensure that they've left no stone unturned in trying to bridge the gap between GTFC and LCFC so we can compete on a more level playing field next season rather that relying purely on a new manager bounce..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vital Lincoln........bless em

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.