lew chaterleys lover
March 13, 2018, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from ginnywings

We have technically been relegated twice in successive seasons. Only the points deductions saved us in 08/09. This is what worries me, as the last two times we didn't get out of it. If we go down again this season, it's scandalous to think that 3 times in four seasons of league football will have been fighting to stay in the league.

This is why I just don't understand why Fenty has any supporters left. It has been SO bad whilst he has been in charge it couldn't really have gone any worse could it? What exactly is he bringing to the club for us to be stuck with him for 15 years? It is a masterclass in how not to run a club, and if we go down again then what? Are we really supposed to get behind him yet again on the back of more false promises of a "competitive budget" whilst all lesser known clubs outbid us for the better players?

I hope we can survive so we can turn our efforts in finding ways to get him out whilst we still have a club to save.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 81
moosey_club
March 13, 2018, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226

This is why I just don't understand why Fenty has any supporters left. It has been SO bad whilst he has been in charge it couldn't really have gone any worse could it? What exactly is he bringing to the club for us to be stuck with him for 15 years? It is a masterclass in how not to run a club, and if we go down again then what? Are we really supposed to get behind him yet again on the back of more false promises of a "competitive budget" whilst all lesser known clubs outbid us for the better players?

I hope we can survive so we can turn our efforts in finding ways to get him out whilst we still have a club to save.

Only hearsay from contacts but the apparent common impression amongst the people who have had business contact with JF is that his driver is always around saving money and it pains him to pay out...potentially the idea of paying more for league players is an alien concept despite rewards for success being greater. I wouldnt accuse anyone of the following thought process but...it makes you wonder if our almost ensured relative success in the conference years is actually more appealing to those of a money orientated nature.

My mum is of a similar mould..would take hours going to different shops trying to save a penny or two on a pound of sausages, using money on bus fares or petrol all the time whilst doing so...but she was always blind to that.      She felt she was saving money because something was cheaper at the end of it.

When JF gets the tools out and does repairs and maintenance...is that really a valuable use of his time in order to save paying an odd job man a few quid ?

Have read the phrase ... knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing ...on here.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 81
GrimRob
March 13, 2018, 8:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Port Vale on top looking at the stats. Might have to settle for a draw.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 81
moosey_club
March 13, 2018, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Half Time 1-0 Barnet ...

Pretty non descript listening...Port Vale sound poor but probably the better side,  yet without creating anything of note

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 81
promotion plaice
March 13, 2018, 8:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Looks like Hull are going to escape the drop......latest......  Ipswich  0-3  Hull

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
March 13, 2018, 8:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from moosey_club

Only hearsay from contacts but the apparent common impression amongst the people who have had business contact with JF is that his driver is always around saving money and it pains him to pay out...potentially the idea of paying more for league players is an alien concept despite rewards for success being greater. I wouldnt accuse anyone of the following thought process but...it makes you wonder if our almost ensured relative success in the conference years is actually more appealing to those of a money orientated nature.

My mum is of a similar mould..would take hours going to different shops trying to save a penny or two on a pound of sausages, using money on bus fares or petrol all the time whilst doing so...but she was always blind to that.      She felt she was saving money because something was cheaper at the end of it.

When JF gets the tools out and does repairs and maintenance...is that really a valuable use of his time in order to save paying an odd job man a few quid ?

Have read the phrase ... knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing ...on here.

Last year I spoke at length to someone who knows him better than most in business and his comment to me was he will always prefer to get two for the price of one every time. This it the root of all his wrong decisions - he just doesn't see the advantage of speculate to accumulate.

A few years ago my business contacts who knew him also said the same; he loves saving money in every area and treats it as a badge of honour. I have seen his brother on here boasting how John saves the club money by doing all sorts of jobs - wouldn't it be cheaper to employ an odd job man? All very commendable in a fish processing business, but a disaster for a professional football club. We are all born with certain instincts, but even when a gamble has paid off and made him money (Bogle) he seems unable to go against his beliefs and go down the route of paying some money for players, developing them and selling them on. Of course buying players is a gamble (even the modest amounts we would pay) but the alternative is forever being in the lower reaches of league 2 or worse.

The trouble is with his approach is GTFC, its fans and the town are being held back;  a new consortium is needed that would run the club on professional lines and not as a personal  asset and get us moving.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 81
promotion plaice
March 13, 2018, 9:09pm

Now.......  Barnet  1-1  Port Vale........ that's alright.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 81
moosey_club
March 13, 2018, 9:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Keeper clanger coming for a cross

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 81
Abdul19
March 13, 2018, 9:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Would take that

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 81
promotion plaice
March 13, 2018, 9:13pm

Tense night at Old Trafford for Man Utd fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet v Port Vale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.