Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Harry Clifton

This thread currently has 4,435 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
March 12, 2018, 9:34am
Guest User
Wright looks decent on those highlights, obviously much lower standard but he looks bloody quick
Reply: 10 - 17
Maringer
March 12, 2018, 10:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Regarding Clifton, he's doing pretty well so far and looks a confident young player considering that he's made so few first team performances for us. I'd imagine his experiences out on loan have done him a lot of good in this regard. A surprise that he's not played a few times more this season, but I suppose managers do tend to go with experienced players if available. When Summerfield was fit, he was one of the first names on the team sheet so his injury should allow Clifton to get more game time over the next few weeks. Hopefully he'll do well enough to give the manager a difficult decision when Summerfield returns to fitness (unless they are put in the team together, of course).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 12, 2018, 11:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from toontown
to repeat what has been said above and to add that he should very clearly have been playing earlier in the season as he is so clearly a better option than those who have been playing ahead of him. Demonstrates Slade's absolutely godawful judgment of players.

towards the end of his tenureship, slade was lost as to what was best. Probably would have been berated for playing Clifton when experienced players were needed. Am not saying what he did was right, but hindsight is wonderful.

I think he (Clifton) has a chance to develop within his role at the club, and, maybe premature but would like to see him given a contract where he has the chance to do this. We now have a manager that, by the looks of things, isn't too proud to risk a player, and this bodes well for all the younger players. Let's hope that young max wright too can get an extended contract and show the form he has at Scarborough

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
golfer
March 12, 2018, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Definitely one player he should replace is Berrett. I feel Summerfield would give him that bit of guidance that he possibly requires and that these two would make a good midfield pairing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Sigone
March 12, 2018, 4:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,607
Gold Stars: 5
Summers is surely nailed on for player of the year, which judging by previous winners is the last we see of him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
gytone
March 12, 2018, 4:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Sigone
Summers is surely nailed on for player of the year, which judging by previous winners is the last we see of him.

Macca POTY in my opinion 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Jimbob
March 12, 2018, 7:47pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
doubt that some have the balls for a relegation scrap their midfield will have more bite I fear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2018, 8:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Sigone

Which is a sad reflection on our team .... yeah I know he’s improved yeah I know he’s put a few decent shifts in but we will never challenge with him in the team he’s simply looked good in a team full of dross.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.