HertsGTFC
March 10, 2018, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Reverendmariner
I agree with Mrs Doyle, I can't think of a better goalkeeping performance at BP. Not only that, but he went to persuade those Town fans who were getting involved in the trouble to back off. His interview on RH after the game shows just how committed he is to the club. Give him a new, improved contract now. When MJ starts with a blank piece of paper in the summer, Macca's name should be first on it. I think he's in the same class as Harry Wainman and Danny Coyne, my favourite Town goalkeepers.

We need to stay up to keep him, he is no longer a non league keeper, I used to love Batchy but Danny Coyne is the best keeper I’ve seen in a Town shirt and today James hit that level.

He stood out as a leader in a side that lacks leadership.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
Mrs Doyle
March 11, 2018, 7:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Reverendmariner
I agree with Mrs Doyle, I can't think of a better goalkeeping performance at BP. Not only that, but he went to persuade those Town fans who were getting involved in the trouble to back off. His interview on RH after the game shows just how committed he is to the club. Give him a new, improved contract now. When MJ starts with a blank piece of paper in the summer, Macca's name should be first on it. I think he's in the same class as Harry Wainman and Danny Coyne, my favourite Town goalkeepers.

Not forgetting how he lept over the Osmond end fence to retrieve the ball from the Vale fans when we were still 1-0 down. If just one player could turn a season around with a defining moment that performance could be Macca's.

Wear that lucky kit again Macca one man stood out yesterday in more ways than one and that man was you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
Garth
March 11, 2018, 8:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Would have been nice if Pearson could have been around too when we were under pressure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
mariner83
March 11, 2018, 8:51am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Not forgetting how he lept over the Osmond end fence to retrieve the ball from the Vale fans when we were still 1-0 down. If just one player could turn a season around with a defining moment that performance could be Macca's.

Wear that lucky kit again Macca one man stood out yesterday in more ways than one and that man was you.

Didn't he run to the lower smiths to try and calm our fans too?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
Cloudy
March 11, 2018, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from mariner83

Didn't he run to the lower smiths to try and calm our fans too?

He did but Vale fans accused him of stirring up trouble and inciting the trouble!!
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
HertsGTFC
March 11, 2018, 10:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
I am a bit disappointed he didn't score the winner yesterday TBH  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
Les Brechin
March 11, 2018, 6:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
[youtube]5cZ_bcZl-6M[/youtube]

That 2nd save was one of the best I've ever seen.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
HertsGTFC
March 11, 2018, 6:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
[youtube]5cZ_bcZl-6M[/youtube]

That save in the first half (2nd on the clip) looks better every time I watch it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
AussieMariner
March 12, 2018, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Was having a beer with a Liverpool fan tonight and Yellow Submarine started playing in the pub. He said it reminded him of a chant they had to that tune ‘we all wish we had a team of Carraghers’ due to his never say die attitude and dedication to the team (yes I know .......)
Then just watched the Macca interview and it occurred to me that it might be a fitting tribute if the fans behind the goal at Lincoln sang the same song ‘we all wish we had a team of James Mckeowns’
Wish I could be there but my next game is Swindon then Notts C and Forest Fungus (desperately hoping we’re still up but will be going anyway)
Very impressed with MJ so far - feels like we’ve got a proper manager again. No BS, no outrageous promises, just getting stuck in and doing a job with intelligence, diligence and passion 🤞
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
marinerrick
March 12, 2018, 1:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

I was only thinking that when he jumped into osmond to get ball how some of the Vale fans tried getting to macca. They were looking for trouble even then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.