This thread currently has 5,452 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Shilts
March 8, 2018, 8:20am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +121
Jolly sound great and is making all the right noises but the knockers will pick up on that old court case of his, the Lincoln forum is already full of it.

As luck would have it I have a mate who works a Falkirk uni (where jolly worked when the incident happened), he did me some digging and below is his reply.

I'm actually delighted as even through this incident Jolley comes out smelling of roses with people singing his praises.

THE REPLY:

I've spoken to Barbara about your new manager and the verdict is in. I'm sorry to say that according to Barbara... he's ace. I just mentioned him to her and she basically gushed for 10 mins. I said 'why dont you get a room with him' but then remembered that Barbara's not 15.

She said that that thing was really unlucky as he rarely went out drinking and he just got framed by a local chav. He was on his masters course and teaching here at the same time and apparently he was acing it getting 80s before the uni dropped him. By this point he was already a super impressive economist and trader who'd given it all up because of his love of football. It's crazy (and obviously great) that clubs at our level are now going for intellectual managers as opposed to just Chris Sutton or Sol Campbell.

I reckon if he can keep your rabble up this year, then you'll do well next year.

"Nothing says party like a retro Ciba Geigy Town shirt bobbing away on an inflatable flamingo."
Logged Offline
Private Message
quebec38
March 8, 2018, 8:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
Unfortunately for Jolley this stigma is going to follow him for the rest of the his career no doubt. Hopefully he is strong enough to not let it bother him. He is an innocent man when all is said and done. Let’s hope that he’s the one that has the last laugh with opposition fans after we get the right result more often than not.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
sam gy
March 8, 2018, 8:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Unfortunately for the Lincoln fans, If they’d have been supporting their club for longer than 18 months they’d know that he was once a part of their coaching staff too.

So if there’s a joke there, it’s really on them, isn’t it?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
RoboCod
March 8, 2018, 8:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It wouldn't be too long before Vital Lincoln picked up on it because, well, Vital Lincoln is the most clueless and misguided collection of fans you could find on the net.
The Jolley 'nonce' jibes are possibly close to being libellous and it's surprising that big girls blouse Jules hasn't hit the panic button, but also shows his double standards but it won't escape your attention that they're fighting all sorts of newly found problems if their own in there.
Namely the older fans being shoved aside for Wembley tickets, their 321 Squadron/whatever pretentious name they have are being pretty obnoxious in branding them 'plastics' and trying to out them (p.s THIS is BULLYING, Mr Fenty/Marley), giving their keeper Farnam stick and incurring the wrath of Danny-boy, having a go at fans who left 20 minutes early when losing heavily at their last home game and various other issues that have arisen now that they're finding themsleves in the grownup football world and are increasing their fan base.
Lots of probs brought about by far too much excitement heaped upon these children, they will respond in kind.
Not seen anything else of note re Jolly but expect it on Luton Outlaws and other Vital Lincoln-(sub)standard forums.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Davec
March 8, 2018, 8:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
https://michaeljolleycoach.wordpress.com

The facts are Michael Jolley was deemed by the authorities that he is no longer a risk... I'm sure he's learnt his lesson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Mallyner
March 8, 2018, 8:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
The Lincoln snides would just be amazed that any sexual activity, was not with a member of his own family.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Jarmo.Is.God
March 8, 2018, 9:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Despite Lincoln being in a better position than us, on a 'derby' day, Form goes out the window and anything can happen

I think they are more gutted, than we are delighted that Slade has gone before we play them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Kris2
March 8, 2018, 11:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
It's one of those things that people pick up on. He unfortunately made a silly mistake and it'll follow him around forever now. It's not like he did a hit and run or abused a puppy but people see some words and blow it out of proportion.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Grim74
March 8, 2018, 11:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Davec
https://michaeljolleycoach.wordpress.com

The facts are Michael Jolley was deemed by the authorities that he is no longer a risk... I'm sure he's learnt his lesson.

How was he ever a risk!!!! She told him she was 19 FFS they should of arrested the parents for child neglect.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
RoboCod
March 8, 2018, 11:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Kris2
It's not like he did a hit and run or abused a puppy but people see some words and blow it out of proportion.

That's the thing when you read the background, the fact that the girls who backed up the story told the court they'd lied, and the fact that Jolly himself was hit with a bottle by one you see it for what it was. But you know these opposition fans, it's all just 'bantz' apparently.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
grimsby pete
March 8, 2018, 11:59am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
He was a young man and the girl lied to him,

Nothing in the story to talk about,

End Of.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Wrawby_Mariner
March 8, 2018, 12:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Not really an elephant in the room is it?

The situation is dead and buried... Instead of the looking to past we need to look forward, preferably in the same direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 11 - 21
Mighty_Mariner
March 8, 2018, 12:13pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I may be looking at this all wrong but in my opinion there's no offence here!

She's admitted she lied about her age, he met her in an over 18's only nightclub where one could reasonably assume she'd been ID'd by security before gaining entry! What has the guy done wrong?

This could have happened to any single one of us! How many times have you met a girl on a night out and asked her to produce a form of ID before you take her home?!?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
Spidey
March 8, 2018, 12:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +363
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Shilts
Jolly sound great and is making all the right noises but the knockers will pick up on that old court case of his, the Lincoln forum is already full of it.

As luck would have it I have a mate who works a Falkirk uni (where jolly worked when the incident happened), he did me some digging and below is his reply.

I'm actually delighted as even through this incident Jolley comes out smelling of roses with people singing his praises.

THE REPLY:

I've spoken to Barbara about your new manager and the verdict is in. I'm sorry to say that according to Barbara... he's ace. I just mentioned him to her and she basically gushed for 10 mins. I said 'why dont you get a room with him' but then remembered that Barbara's not 15.

She said that that thing was really unlucky as he rarely went out drinking and he just got framed by a local chav. He was on his masters course and teaching here at the same time and apparently he was acing it getting 80s before the uni dropped him. By this point he was already a super impressive economist and trader who'd given it all up because of his love of football. It's crazy (and obviously great) that clubs at our level are now going for intellectual managers as opposed to just Chris Sutton or Sol Campbell.

I reckon if he can keep your rabble up this year, then you'll do well next year.

He was at Stirling University not Falkirk, my daughter is studying at Stirling at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
cmackenzie4
March 8, 2018, 2:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

She's admitted she lied about her age, he met her in an over 18's only nightclub where one could reasonably assume she'd been ID'd by security before gaining entry! What has the guy done wrong?

This could have happened to any single one of us! How many times have you met a girl on a night out and asked her to produce a form of ID before you take her home?!?

Not me mate but I have been known to ask to see their bus pass on a few occasions  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Kris2
March 8, 2018, 3:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136

And the only reason he was done for it was because they abused him verbally and attacked him with a bottle so he called the police. Somehow that ended up with him being arrested,put on probation and the sex offenders register for one year even though the girl admitted she lied about her age. I imagine a lot more than these teenage parasites got for a punishment.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
moosey_club
March 8, 2018, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220

I have always asked and given the usual response i get , it would probably explain why i am still a virgin .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
grimsby pete
March 8, 2018, 6:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
It was that long ago that I was a teenager I can not remember much,

I do remember I was attracted to older girls though,( older than me )  

So never in trouble in that way.

I  can see why some lads are taken in because a lot of 15 year olds do look 19.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
KingstonMariner
March 8, 2018, 7:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Having read MJ's statement on this, there is no room let alone a flipping elephant.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
LH
March 8, 2018, 7:19pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I used to keep a photocopy of ID of all the lucky ladies I brought back home for my records but I found out I was breaching the data protection act so had to bin the sheet. I mean er... filing cabinet.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
moosey_club
March 8, 2018, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from LH
I used to keep a photocopy of ID of all the lucky ladies I brought back home for my records but I found out I was breaching the data protection act so had to bin the sheet. I mean er... filing cabinet the back of the stamp .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
Meza
March 8, 2018, 8:42pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from sam gy
Unfortunately for the Lincoln fans, If they’d have been supporting their club for longer than 18 months they’d know that he was once a part of their coaching staff too.

So if there’s a joke there, it’s really on them, isn’t it?

Funny that Sam the Vital think we are trying to do a Cowley, i'd say more of a Hurst  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The elephant in the room

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.