Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port Vale not happy !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 319 Guests

Port Vale not happy !

This thread currently has 6,406 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
March 8, 2018, 2:54pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,732
Gold Stars: 31
What a shame lol...
Quoted from Tommy
Probably unhappy because their top striker (Pope) is out for a few weeks so if they could've delayed this game he might've been able to play in it later in the season. Just guessing mind.
Quoted from moosey_club
Is he ??? Result
Quoted from The Sentinel | Posted: 6 March 2018
Port Vale’s hopes of having top scorer Tom Pope back for their potentially crucial Easter fixtures have been given a boost after he had a successful hernia operation last night.

The 32 year old had the operation in London and has been told there should be no problems with his rehabilitation.

Pope has revealed the usual recovery time is four to five weeks but he is hoping to be back in action sooner than that. In fact the 16 goal top scorer would like to be in contention for the home game with Chesterfield on Good Friday, March 30, and the game at Crewe on Easter Monday, April 2.
Link >> https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/port-vale-given-boost-after-1302411

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Maringer
March 8, 2018, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
Unfortunately, our top scorer is unavailable as well. Because he's in flipping Shrewsbury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Garth
March 8, 2018, 3:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Maringer
Unfortunately, our top scorer is unavailable as well. Because he's in flipping Shrewsbury.

Has he actually made their first team yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
FishOutOfWater
March 8, 2018, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth

Has he actually made their first team yet?

Made his first appearance as a sub for the last 7 minutes last Saturday away to Brizzle

1-1 at the time until Toto popped up with the Shrews' winner in the 88th minute  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 19
Garth
March 8, 2018, 5:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Made his first appearance as a sub for the last 7 minutes last Saturday away to Brizzle

1-1 at the time until Toto popped up with the Shrews' winner in the 88th minute  

Cheers,     I`m thinking had we sacked Slade earlier,  he  and others could have had second thoughts about leaving
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
FishOutOfWater
March 10, 2018, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth

Cheers,     I`m thinking had we sacked Slade earlier,  he  and others could have had second thoughts about leaving

I don't think you're too far wide of the mark there Garth.... it wasn't the club they didn't fancy but the regime who didn't fancy them  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 19
Welwynmariner
March 10, 2018, 11:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How strange. Who ever heard of a club getting involved to deal with poor treatment of its fans by a Hertfordshire* club.

* Pedants Corner: Yes I'm aware the Hive is in Middlesex, but Barnet were originally in Herts.

Hertfordshire effectively "swopped" Barnet for Potters Bar with Middlesex in 1964 so even they were only too glad to get rid of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2018, 2:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Hertfordshire effectively "swopped" Barnet for Potters Bar with Middlesex in 1964 so even they were only too glad to get rid of them

I'm confused.

Barnet were at Underhill which was in Barnet, Herts (though part of a London Borough and Greater London since the early 60s). And founded in (Chipping) Barnet. Where does Potters Bar (also Herts) come into it?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Welwynmariner
March 10, 2018, 5:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm confused.

Barnet were at Underhill which was in Barnet, Herts (though part of a London Borough and Greater London since the early 60s). And founded in (Chipping) Barnet. Where does Potters Bar (also Herts) come into it?

Potters Bar was in Middlesex and the north end of Barnet (Chipping Barnet) was in Hertfordshire prior to 1964 but this meant that Potters Bar was effectively surrounded by various parts of Hertfordshire. So a swop was done. Potters Bar (which was in Middlesex) became part of Hertfordshire and Barnet became a London Borough as Middlesex was abolished.

It's the same reason as Surrey County Hall is in Kingston-upon-Thames (a London Borough)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2018, 6:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Potters Bar was in Middlesex and the north end of Barnet (Chipping Barnet) was in Hertfordshire prior to 1964 but this meant that Potters Bar was effectively surrounded by various parts of Hertfordshire. So a swop was done. Potters Bar (which was in Middlesex) became part of Hertfordshire and Barnet became a London Borough as Middlesex was abolished.

It's the same reason as Surrey County Hall is in Kingston-upon-Thames (a London Borough)

Thanks. Never knew that about PB.

Yeah, it's bloody odd that Surrey CC is still based in Kingston. It wasn't't even the county town. Must be worth their while selling it and building something new in the sticks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port Vale not happy !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.