Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port Vale not happy !
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 136 Guests

Port Vale not happy !

This thread currently has 6,389 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 7, 2018, 10:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Can't see how it could work in our favour but..........

Quote........Stoke Sentinal.....

Port Vale are deeply unhappy after their game at Barnet was rearranged for next Tuesday, March 13 (8pm).

The Valiants wanted the game put back until later in the season, but they have been overruled and a decision made by the EFL. The initial game was postponed last Saturday because of a frozen pitch.

That means the Vale face a potentially crucial few days in their battle to stay in the league.

The 22nd-placed Valiants are away to 20th-placed Grimsby on Saturday before the trip to bottom-of-the-table Barnet next Tuesday.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
March 7, 2018, 11:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Probably unhappy because their top striker (Pope) is out for a few weeks so if they could've delayed this game he might've been able to play in it later in the season. Just guessing mind.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
arryarryarry
March 7, 2018, 11:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
According to some of the fans on their forum Barnet were not going to offer refunds for the rearranged game until Port Vale got involved.

On that basis alone the illegitimates deserve to get relegated.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
RonMariner
March 8, 2018, 12:18am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,007
Gold Stars: 216
I am trying to figure out what would be the best result for us. A Barnet win would bring PV right into the mix, but might keep Barnet on a roll. A PV win keeps Barnet deep in do do. We are hoping that Barnet are a banker to go down.

Maybe a draw is best??  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
KingstonMariner
March 8, 2018, 12:19am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry
According to some of the fans on their forum Barnet were not going to offer refunds for the rearranged game until Port Vale got involved.

On that basis alone the illegitimates deserve to get relegated.

How strange. Who ever heard of a club getting involved to deal with poor treatment of its fans by a Hertfordshire* club.

* Pedants Corner: Yes I'm aware the Hive is in Middlesex, but Barnet were originally in Herts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
ex-merseymariner
March 8, 2018, 1:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How strange. Who ever heard of a club getting involved to deal with poor treatment of its fans by a Hertfordshire* club.

* Pedants Corner: Yes I'm aware the Hive is in Middlesex, but Barnet were originally in Herts.

Ah, the old poor treatment by an away club which we used to think was only non league clubs....
As to who does what....doesn't it depend whether u believe the trust should do all the unpleasant issues the club can't be bothered with .... sorry...Can't intervene with, for a multitude of reasons too complex for me to understand    😆

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
March 8, 2018, 7:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Tommy
Probably unhappy because their top striker (Pope) is out for a few weeks so if they could've delayed this game he might've been able to play in it later in the season. Just guessing mind.

With you on this one, i see they constantly going on about him on that thread against us on how to replace him.

Big loss at a cruicial time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Maringer
March 8, 2018, 9:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
The ideal result for that game would be a mass brawl, with both teams having several players sent off. The game abandoned due to too few players on either side and then a points fine for both clubs from the League.

If Carlsberg did football matches...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
grimsby pete
March 8, 2018, 10:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I think Vale will be happy with a lose at Town and a win at Barnet,

I also thing we would be happy with that,

Don't give a toss what Barnet think.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
moosey_club
March 8, 2018, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Tommy

Is he ??? Result

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port Vale not happy !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.