Jarmo.Is.God
March 8, 2018, 9:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Davec
Watched 3 or videos of him on YouTube (yes I know they make everybody look good) but he clearly has a touch of pace, likes to get forward it seems, showed some good timing in a challenge and good awareness when defending.

Yeah, they do.

I remember looking at Hooper and Kelly in the summer and think they was both going to be class  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 8, 2018, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Can he find a Swedish goalscrounger from somewhere? That’s what’s needed more than anything.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Mighty_Mariner
March 8, 2018, 10:12am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
We'll see but I had hoped Jolley might not look to import any of his relegated Swedish squad (this bloke wasn't even in their squad for 6 of the last 9 games)

With all his so called contacts through Burnley etc I hope he will aim a bit higher than those who have starred in the Spartans South Midlands League. I know he can't swoop for Burnley U23 rejects or promising youngsters on loan at the moment as the window is closed but if he is going to build a new squad he needs to aim a little higher than this

Incidentally I don't see the point in bringing in another new bloke who doesn't even know his team mates names at this stage - Jolley needs to turn around the lot hes got - and quick

You really are a ray of bloody sunshine aren't you! Would it kill you to see the positives in something just once!!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
grimsby pete
March 8, 2018, 10:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
I do not judge a player if I have not seen him play myself,

BUT

Dixon has played for Scotland and he is crap,

I think Jolley knows if this player is good enough,

Maybe he is seeing if he is fit enough as the Swedes are close season at the moment.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
Maringer
March 8, 2018, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,478
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimsby pete

Dixon has played for Scotland and he is crap,

No need to criticise Dixon's abilities twice in one sentence!  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Ipswin
March 8, 2018, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

You really are a ray of bloody sunshine aren't you! Would it kill you to see the positives in something just once!!!

So what do you see as positive in having this bloke training with us? Will he keep us up? Will he even cut it in the National League next season?

urine off you cheerful twit!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
horsforthmariner
March 8, 2018, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,605
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Ipswin

So what do you see as positive in having this bloke training with us? Will he keep us up? Will he even cut it in the National League next season?

To be fair even if he is crap he might make Dixon work a little harder. By the sounds of it he has had personal issues. If it's a mentality issue rather than talent then he may be more mature now and he may be a rough diamond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
davmariner
March 8, 2018, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Just saw on social media from the person who posted the other day that Meade was training with us, that this is made up. Some people eh?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Mighty_Mariner
March 8, 2018, 12:09pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

The positives I see, could providing the story is true of course, is that our left side has been a weak area all season and e new manager has clearly identified that and  looking to address it early. This lad is young and if nothing else will offer what we've bed badly lacking for some time, then we a defender with pace.

I actually try to see a positive in most things but you're are obviously a glass half empty kind of guy. This is a time where most fans are trying to pull together and help the time get over the line hut you seem intent of pouring misery over every single topic at the moment. You really must live a life completely devoid of happiness and joy, I imagine you're the sort of guy shouting at kids playing football down the street because they're 'making a noise' and the ball once came within 50 feet of your front garden!

You wanted Askey as manager, correct? So I put your questions back at you? Would he have kept us up? Would he have been successful. In the National League next season (potentially) with a completely different set of players?

Everything is a gamble or a risk!

We can do without your constant bile and negativity! Smile, go out, get drunk, get laid.... Do something that might actually bring a smile to your face you miserable sod!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Ipswin
March 8, 2018, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

The positives I see, could providing the story is true of course, is that our left side has been a weak area all season and e new manager has clearly identified that and  looking to address it early.

I actually try to see a positive in most things but you're are obviously a glass half empty kind of guy. This is a time where most fans are trying to pull together and help the time get over the line

You wanted Askey as manager, correct? So I put your questions back at you? Would he have kept us up? Would he have been successful. In the National League next season (potentially) with a completely different set of players?

Firstly it appears its not true thank goodness

Secondly if you had suffered as many disappointments as me over Grimsby Town you would find it difficult to be positive, the ridiculous rose tinted spectacles brigade need to wake up and smell the coffee. As for the fans pulling together to help its a shame so many swore never to go to a match again just a few weeks ago because they didn't like the manager, didn't 'pull together' then did they? Some even abused the players.

Totally incorrect I did not want Askey at all please check your facts, I wanted Paul Harsley from Barnsley who has played over 450 Football League matches who I think would have kept us up and who would have been ideal for next season if we were in the National League

I'll get drunk when Town are safe from relegation, not before. Until then I am worried. I'm concerned the new man talks a good job, I have major concerns that he can deliver

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Left back training with Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.