Jarmo.Is.God
March 8, 2018, 11:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from davmariner
Dembele isn’t even that good. Really overrated by some Town fans. I’ve seen virtually every game and Barnet away was the only really good game he had. Other than that he’s been ineffectual and his final ball is lacking.

i think you're being very harsh.

he's been average recently and dropped in form, but at the start of the season he was unplayable, and hopefully Jolley can get the most out of him for the last 10 games, because we are going to need him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
Grantley
March 8, 2018, 12:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from davmariner
Dembele isn’t even that good. Really overrated by some Town fans. I’ve seen virtually every game and Barnet away was the only really good game he had. Other than that he’s been ineffectual and his final ball is lacking.

Port Vale, Cheltenham, Chesterfield? Even played pretty well against Coventry and Lincoln.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
Maringer
March 8, 2018, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,368
Gold Stars: 183
I think Dembele has been found out to some degree though the heavier pitches have possibly played their part as well as the back problem we've heard about relatively recently.

My view is that defenders have been coached to not lunge into the challenge as he's nippy enough over short distances to skip past them, but he doesn't have the strength or pace to hold off the second challenge if they just hold back and let him try to get past them. In his cameos in 2018, he's invariably been muscled off the ball in midfield.

He still has plenty of ability, but we need to get him back into form and receiving the ball much nearer the opposition penalty area as opposed to the half way line.

Oh, needs to work on his first touch as well which tends to be appalling, which is bizarre when you consider how good his close ball skills are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
Jarmo.Is.God
March 8, 2018, 3:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
i just wish Woolford & Kelly was half as good as Dembele  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
Maringer
March 8, 2018, 3:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,368
Gold Stars: 183
Unfortunately, none of them have done anything for months. Not difficult to see why we've struggled when three-quarters of our wingers have achieved nothing and Jaiyesimi hasn't been tearing up any trees, either!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Garth
March 8, 2018, 5:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
i just wish Woolford & Kelly was half as good as Dembele  

Could be late  starters like Summerfield,  How can they be as bad as they have been, they have both played like players who are arsed in that they have been selected to play, new manager bounce might do it, although i`m not holding my breath. Kelly has shown better at full back than a winger IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade - what went right

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.