4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
March 7, 2018, 8:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

Sister thread to the what went right one.

We won three games when dixon and woolford were out.

We came from behind against swindon

Dembele had a great spell

Er.....

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
March 7, 2018, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
The end of last season, when he had majority of Bignot's players, he got a few decent results

He then wiped the team out, replaced with OAP's and now we are in this position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Grantley
March 7, 2018, 8:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Finally beating Cheltenham! Except for that, and your points, I got nothing.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
LH
March 7, 2018, 9:15am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
It didn’t go well for him so we didn’t have to put up with it for too long - I suppose that can be spun into a positive?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
Mighty_Mariner
March 7, 2018, 9:39am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
We beat Chesterfield 3-1 first game of the season which got all of our hopes up that we actually had a team capable of challenging.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Bigdog
March 7, 2018, 10:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
We beat Chesterfield 3-1 first game of the season which got all of our hopes up that we actually had a team capable of challenging.

The result came as a massive surprise to me after our poor and unbalanced recruitment before the start of the season. It's often described as one of our best performances of the season. I was obviously pleased with the result but when looking further into the statistics for the game there was one that unnerved me and stopped me from becoming any more confident about Slade and the squad. Chesterfield had thirty shots. Thirty. That's one every three minutes and look how Chesterfield have fared over the season. Maybe the thirty shots set the tone for the season rather than the 3-1 result? Add that to our panicky poor additions at the end of the summer transfer window a couple of weeks later and I was really fearful from that point, and still am, right up to where we are today. Even those three consecutive wins didn't fool me. I felt a bit of a mood hoover at the time by saying this squad could quite easily go on a long run of games without winning as it was so fragile. I didn't quite envisage how bad the run was going to be though..

The rot set in in the summer transfer window, could have been rectified in January but was made ten times worse, and now we have a bright young manager starting out with both hands tied behind his back. If MJ pulls this squad around to get the points required, it will be a minor miracle. He might just be the breath of fresh air we need in the next ten games to make up for a disastrous transfer policy led by Slade and signed off by the board..

What went right with Slade? Signing Dembele and establishing the need for proper due diligence for future managerial appointments, and that's about it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
TownSNAFU5
March 7, 2018, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,877
Gold Stars: 42
He can make presentations, using IT. Can also use stats to support any obscure point that he is making.   Selective use of evidence when talking about players.  Talks a good talk.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
horsforthmariner
March 7, 2018, 11:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Signing Dembele, getting rid of Gunning.

Yeah thats me out - you have to be amazed that he could get so much wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
Davec
March 7, 2018, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
He set up links with the college so maybe that was something good from his tenure and he invested into data analysis and fitness, not that it's done much good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Theimperialcoroner
March 7, 2018, 11:11am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,188
Gold Stars: 102
Dembele and he’s even copulated that up by playing him when injured.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade - what went right

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.