Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The squad?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 202 Guests

The squad?

This thread currently has 8,105 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
March 6, 2018, 2:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from livosnose

I have heard from a very unreliable source he is on 3k a week ( Kean)

For throwing the ball into his own net?!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
Maringer
March 6, 2018, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Way, way too many 'Y's in the pace column there, though we don't really have many players with anything in the way of pace.

From the current bunch, I reckon Hall-Johnson (or possibly Wilks) will be the quickest of the bunch. Kelly is quicker than our other wingers for me, but so powder-puff weak that he's still useless. Dembele and Jaiyesimi aren't slow, but they certainly aren't quick and they won't run away from many defenders. We just need to get them further up the field when they receive the ball so they can attack players with their skill in more dangerous positions.

Central midfield, I think Summerfield is probably quicker than Clifton, though there's not much in it.

I think Matt and Hooper are actually probably relatively quick once they get going - problem with Matt is that it takes him ages to get up a head of steam and Hooper doesn't seem willing to back himself to sprint. Either way, neither is a threat to opposition defence with pace.

If we can survive this season, I'd hope Jolley will see what we're lacking and then get one or two very athletic players in. I don't mind it too much if they aren't capable of total football themselves, just as long as they can help win the ball and make space for those who can play a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
forza ivano
March 6, 2018, 3:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Posh Harry

Not sure I agree with all of these Forza.

Suliman get 2 Y’s and no one has seen him play.

Berrett gets a Y for work ethic. I have not seen as many games as others but from what I have seen no way does he put enough effort in.

Summerfield a Y for ability. He might be either the best or one of the best players this season but imho that is more due to how poor others are around him. A double Y for work ethic, but not a Y in the ability column for me.

UTFM

obviously there's a certain amount of guesswork, but given suliman for example capatained england under 19s i think its a pretty safe bet he has a bit more ability than mills or hall-johnson!. as i said amendments are welcomed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
MuddyWaters
March 6, 2018, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
If Carlsberg did pointless original posts...

Unless you've been on Planet Zog, we have a new manager who will make his mind up who to pick out of the squad he's been left with.

Might I also suggest that, rather than berate every player who doesn't come up to your expectation that you get behind them to try and reach the points target that we need to survive. I'm sure there will be a squad cull in the summer, can't you wait till then...please!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
grimsby pete
March 6, 2018, 3:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Why would we release and pay up now to players that have under performed and or could not be arsed,

I would give them double training sessions every day and make them work for their money until we can get rid.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
Garth
March 6, 2018, 3:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I would only look at keeping:

McKeown
Mills
Hall-Johnson
Maybe Clifton, i think this manager could be a big boost for him
Dembele

Loan players that looked to improve us and would be interested in:
Wilks
Vernam
Jackson maybe

Thats it, scary isnt it

Not much for the last few matches
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
forza ivano
March 6, 2018, 3:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Garth

that's was sort of my point in doing an alternative rating - just counted up and there are 12 players that ticked 2 or 3 of my boxes (if you'll pardon the expression! )  so maybe he has got  alimited amount to work with.
i'd also add that i think we may see 1 or 2 'left field' picks / formations. we should remember that he's repeatedly said that his experience has made him look at situations from a different perspective.
for example i think most would agree that woolford, berrett and hooper have got some ability, it just needs a miracle worker to tease it out of them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 55
MuddyWaters
March 6, 2018, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Garth

Especially now Wilks is back at Leeds.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
HertsGTFC
March 6, 2018, 4:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
To be honest I’d not worry about it till the end of season, the absolute priority is to stay up why waste energy and time on anything else?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
devs
March 6, 2018, 4:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Jarmo is God is not too far where I am with this squad

Macca
Mills
RHJ
Dembele
DJ
Clifton

Not sure about Davies, Summerfield, McAllister, Cardwell

Of the loanees Suliman (might not see him), Vernam (poss yes), Jackson and Wilks (not fussed)

New era
New manager
Get the broom out in the summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The squad?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.