Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Operation survival starts here.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 148 Guests

Operation survival starts here.

This thread currently has 5,982 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
March 4, 2018, 12:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Right Fenty time to get your brain in gear.

From now until seasons end at home half price entrance give the Osmond end to town fans put the away fans in compost corner.

Offer existing season ticket holders a discount for next season.

We need to give Mike Jolley and the team the twelfth man, pack the park and sing our hearts out.

Jolley as got a massive task we need to close ranks and help him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2018, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Right Fenty time to get your brain in gear.

From now until seasons end at home half price entrance give the Osmond end to town fans put the away fans in compost corner.

Offer existing season ticket holders a discount for next season.

We need to give Mike Jolley and the team the twelfth man, pack the park and sing our hearts out.

Jolley as got a massive task we need to close ranks and help him.

I'd agree with the bit in bold apart from when we host Notts County where I'd give them the normal space as we'll make more money. Apart from that we need to do anything and everything to fill up the ground wit Town fans

Oh and by the way I'd allocate zero to Stevenage!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Mrs Doyle
March 4, 2018, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Point taken Herts but drastic times need drastic action I honestly think if we go down again it could be for a long time longer than six seasons.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
fleabag1970
March 4, 2018, 12:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
What is the point ? We will be relegated next season if not the season after . JF has proved that he can't get success in the FL with his budget constraints so what makes anyone think it will change ? . As a supporter you have to accept that under JF at best we will be a mid table lg2 team .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Gaffer58
March 4, 2018, 12:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Mrs Doyle, you've come up with more positive ideas in one message than the board have in 10 years, suggest we get you into the commercial dept.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Tommy
March 4, 2018, 1:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from fleabag1970
What is the point ? We will be relegated next season if not the season after . JF has proved that he can't get success in the FL with his budget constraints so what makes anyone think it will change ? . As a supporter you have to accept that under JF at best we will be a mid table lg2 team .

The point, is that your last sentence is better than being a non-league club again.

If people want to continue wanting change in the boardroom leave it till May. Far better to be effecting change for a L2 club than a conference club. And our support might help, and it could well intimidate opposition and influence referees.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
grimsby pete
March 4, 2018, 1:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I fully agree with Mrs  D.

We have to do everything we can to avoid going down,

Give Jolley every support we can,

THEN

Next season if you are still with us Mr Fenty and we are still a league club,

Take a good look round all the other league clubs and see how many of them are in debt ?

You will find a lot of them are millions and millions in the red ,

BUT

They have a decent team on the pitch and fans are happy to see their team play.( unlike here)

So please allow Mr Jolley to have a fair bit extra in his budget then you will not only have a winning team but a happy fan base as well.

You never know we might make loads of money ( like Lincoln ) by having a cup run and by winning lots of games the gates will increase so your outlay will be more than repaid.

OR

Am I just  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
TownSNAFU5
March 4, 2018, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Offer all fans ticket discounts for remaining home games.  Everything counts.  Short-term financial spend towards helping us stay up.  Free tickets for schools.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
lukeo
March 4, 2018, 2:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Realistically can't see that happening and I personally wouldn't... What I would do though is offer the Osmond to home fans and only give PV the corner and do tickets at £5 and £10 for all parts of the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
LH
March 4, 2018, 2:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Cheap tickets (and something like a free drink (and an apology) for the long suffering season ticket holders) next week for definite. As low as possible - I’d say a fiver but we’d probably be shooting ourselves in the foot with that if we were to lose again. Onwards from then we’re away for two weeks so we’ve got time to work on something inventive. What about something like if you pay full price for the Cheltenham game you get in for Chesterfield for a tenner? The problem being we have to meet league rules about promotions.

We need to find a good balance between backing the team in numbers but being able to finance a new team in the summer. If the price goes down on Saturday you exiles better be coming home to back the team!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Operation survival starts here.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.