This thread currently has 1,629 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 3, 2018, 11:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
This is an interesting map, it shows where Premier League supporters live (a supporter is deemed to be someone who follows an official Twitter feed). It's a bit out of date so Hull are still listed as a PL team, but I think the data are still current.

https://interactive.twitter.com/premierleague/#?mode=popular&popularIndex=2&country=GBR

Grimsby is fairly typical with LIverpool top, Man Utd second and Arsenal third. Hull came nowhere, although more people follow Hull on Twitter in our area compared to the country generally.

Hull itself shows many people follow other teams besides Hull.

Liverpool seem to be more popular than Man Utd, Man Utd doesn't seem to have an regional base at all. Not does Chelsea. Man City has a Manchester support base. Most of the other teams seem predominantly supported in their own areas.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 3, 2018, 11:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Interesting, but hard to differentiate between them

Always liked footie stats and always loved the one of town being one of the highest % of away supporters compared to away.

Be good to see one for all divisions

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Southwark Mariner
March 4, 2018, 1:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
literally SCIENCE!!! It's sooooooo much science my head is going to explode!!!!!!!!!!

SCIENCE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Heisenberg
March 4, 2018, 6:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
I don’t think I’ve ever met an Arsenal fan in Grimsby, so not sure where that’s from.

As for Ireland/NI being predominantly Liverpool fans, don’t believe that for one second, it’s at least 75% Man Utd there.

There are definitely plenty of non-Hull fans from Hull. It’s hardly a surprise - there’s a whole generation of people from Hull who were kids when Hull Tigers were garbage, so they chose one of the big boys. It’s the same here. When I was at school (in the 80’s) I reckon less than 10% of our year supported Town, and I think I was the only one who didn’t have a 2nd team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
GrimRob
March 4, 2018, 8:56am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Remember this is following not supporting. Lots of people follow clubs they don't support. Liverpool though are the most followed, maybe they are more active or interesting. I'd be staggered if Man Utd weren't the better supported if people had to say a team they supported. It's amazing so many kids still follow Liverpool since they've won nothing for years.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 7
dapperz fun pub
March 4, 2018, 6:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Heisenberg
I don’t think I’ve ever met an Arsenal fan in Grimsby, so not sure where that’s from.

As for Ireland/NI being predominantly Liverpool fans, don’t believe that for one second, it’s at least 75% Man Utd there.

There are definitely plenty of non-Hull fans from Hull. It’s hardly a surprise - there’s a whole generation of people from Hull who were kids when Hull Tigers were garbage, so they chose one of the big boys. It’s the same here. When I was at school (in the 80’s) I reckon less than 10% of our year supported Town, and I think I was the only one who didn’t have a 2nd team.

Plenty of arsenal and spurs fans in Grimsby and hull seems to have a big Leeds following obviously built from the 70s golden era. As for Liverpool and man yoo in gy it’s a close call but I’d give it to the scousers just support wise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
LH
March 4, 2018, 7:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Know a fair few NI and it’s pretty much 50/50 Liverpool/Man Utd but the ones I know are ALL Rangers fans (no surprise given where I know them from though that).
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
moosey_club
March 4, 2018, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,200
Gold Stars: 224
does the map allow you to press a button and eliminate them all ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plastic teams followed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.