9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
March 4, 2018, 10:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Having Jackson and Wilks back would make it a hell of a lot easier to pick a team. Dembele is barely fit/woefully out of form. Vernam looks to have something but he's a 10 and needs someone in front of him. Those available to play 9 don't look up to it but maybe Jackson offers a bit more?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 84
Tommy
March 4, 2018, 11:00am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
MJ knows we are having a major drought so will need to find a way to beat it. It doesn't have to be a thriller on Saturday,  it could even be a bad game for all I care as long as we get 3 points.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 84
Abdul19
March 4, 2018, 11:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from RoboCod

You forget the obligatory '?' after 'McAllister'  

It's my team and he's in, however many legs he can stand on

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 84
RoboCod
March 4, 2018, 11:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Abdul19

It's my team and he's in, however many legs he can stand on

given the other options I entirely agree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 84
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2018, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,633
Gold Stars: 217
My view is we need to open up the game a bit so 4 - 4 - 2 is a bit restrictive, 3 - 5 - 2 enables the full backs to get forward and in behind but in all honesty I don't think there is a Town player who could cross a road at the moments so for me

Macca

Mills   Sulliman   Collins (C)   Hall B

McAlister   Summerfield   Clifton    

Demblle      Verman      DJ

The shape and personnel might even mean we have to play the ball on the ground.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 84
Mariner93er
March 4, 2018, 11:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
I don't think we have enough ability in midfield to play a 3 in there. Summerfield apart, no one can play a pass, and it's a lot to expect Clifton to help dominate the central areas when he's played one league game. My god I don't envy jolley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 84
forza ivano
March 4, 2018, 11:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
what a good thread. Be interesting to see what he does.I wonder if Vernon might come into the equation alongside vernham .the latter must surely play he looks the brightest spark by far. I wonder if he might surprise us .maybe something like Davies or wool Ford in central midfield i.e.
something pretty left field
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 84
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2018, 12:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,633
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from forza ivano
what a good thread. Be interesting to see what he does.I wonder if Vernon might come into the equation alongside vernham .the latter must surely play he looks the brightest spark by far. I wonder if he might surprise us .maybe something like Davies or wool Ford in central midfield i.e.
something pretty left field

Yes very interesting Forza, though I would like to see something really attacking I imagine he'll be parametric. When Verman arrived from Derby he did say that he liked to play off a hold up man, Vernon is arguably better than Matt at that. I can't remember which home game it was but Slade played Woolford at the base of a diamond for the last 15 mins and he possibly had more influence on the team than in the whole of his other minutes on the pitch. I would prefer not to see either Vernon or Woolford in  Town shirt again but Michael is better qualified than all of us and may just see something different.        

Ultimately he's seen us 3 times now apparently and he'll no doubt be all over the analysis and the DVD's before he arrives at Cheapside tomorrow. All being well he'll be looking at Port Vale this week too.

I hope his selection is based on a proper game plan and he picks a side based on what he has seen so far and who has showed up in training this week. If he can do that and just get his message across to the players as simply put as possible we just might get a result.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
golfer
March 4, 2018, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
Having McCallister in your team seems like grasping at straws. You wouldn't back a horse if it had broken down and hadn't run for 500 days no matter how good it used to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 84
RoboCod
March 4, 2018, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yes very interesting Forza, though I would like to see something really attacking I imagine he'll be parametric. When Verman arrived from Derby he did say that he liked to play off a hold up man, Vernon is arguably better than Matt at that. I can't remember which home game it was but Slade played Woolford at the base of a diamond for the last 15 mins and he possibly had more influence on the team than in the whole of his other minutes on the pitch. I would prefer not to see either Vernon or Woolford in  Town shirt again but Michael is better qualified than all of us and may just see something different.        

Ultimately he's seen us 3 times now apparently and he'll no doubt be all over the analysis and the DVD's before he arrives at Cheapside tomorrow. All being well he'll be looking at Port Vale this week too.

I hope his selection is based on a proper game plan and he picks a side based on what he has seen so far and who has showed up in training this week. If he can do that and just get his message across to the players as simply put as possible we just might get a result.

Disagree a little about Vernon. For me he's one of those who's suffered most from Slade tactics, he's never going to grab a bucket load of goals but I do honestly think Vernon could be a part of a more successful goal scoring attack. MJ will soon sort these issues and we'll get a better picture.

Matt can have his loan cancelled for me, he looks a beaten man after 15 minutes and seems to have actually developed his clumsiness further in recent months, rather than getting better. Woolford just looks half-ar$ed.
I regretfully feel the situation is beyond just shuffling the pack, a mini player cull is required.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for port vale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.