Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst GTFC team we've ever had?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 160 Guests

Is this the worst GTFC team we've ever had?

This thread currently has 6,002 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
March 4, 2018, 3:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
It’s made more depressing because we seemed to end last season with the makings of a decent squad but Slade has managed to completely destroy the squad by shipping out players who seemed talented and creative and replacing the with deadwood.  

In over 30 years following Town I can’t remember such a rapid deterioration as this - from thinking we had an outside chance of promotion to looking odds on for relegation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
Theimperialcoroner
March 4, 2018, 3:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 102
Yes it is.
Never seen such an unmotivated, under skilled and unbalanced team before. Totally Slades fault.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
horsforthmariner
March 4, 2018, 4:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,583
Gold Stars: 9

We've shipped out in the past 13 months:

Omar Bogle
Rhys Browne
Shaun Pearson
Craig Disley
Adi Yussuf
Chris Clements
Jamie Osborne
Sam Jones

Does anyone think we would be heading back to non-league if we had even 3 of these?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
RoboCod
March 4, 2018, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from horsforthmariner

We've shipped out in the past 13 months:

Omar Bogle
Rhys Browne
Shaun Pearson
Craig Disley
Adi Yussuf
Chris Clements
Jamie Osborne
Sam Jones

Does anyone think we would be heading back to non-league if we had even 3 of these?

I think those 8 would easily beat yesterday's Town team, Pearson as rush goalie.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
buckstown
March 4, 2018, 4:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,167
Gold Stars: 79
I don't get to many games but when I saw us beat the village people in December I thought the starting eleven might be good enough for the play offs. To be fair there was nothing on the bench and that doesn't appear to have improved.
However, I really believe that if MJ comes anywhere near the hype he'll sort it out. I don't believe Collins, Mills, Rose, Summerfield, McKeown, Hall-J, Dembele, Jaiyseme, Davis and three or four others can't be motivated and organised to restore pride.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
lew chaterleys lover
March 4, 2018, 6:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,644
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from buckstown
I don't get to many games but when I saw us beat the village people in December I thought the starting eleven might be good enough for the play offs. To be fair there was nothing on the bench and that doesn't appear to have improved.
However, I really believe that if MJ comes anywhere near the hype he'll sort it out. I don't believe Collins, Mills, Rose, Summerfield, McKeown, Hall-J, Dembele, Jaiyseme, Davis and three or four others can't be motivated and organised to restore pride.

I hope you are right.

I know we will be impressed at tomorrows press conference, at least with the new manager, but my God he has taken a huge task on. If he does manage to keep us up then next season will be interesting; if he doesn't it wont bear thinking about.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
ex-merseymariner
March 4, 2018, 9:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Grimbiggs
our team from 10 years ago...
Better, worse or just as bad (league appearances and goals that season including subs appearances for those who played in 10 or more league games):
Barnes (42)
Newey (42-1 goal)   Boshell (40-6 goals)   North (27- 9 goals)
Fenton (42-2)          Hunt (37)                     Taylor (26-5)
Bennett (40-1)         Bolland (35-4)             Butler (21-6)
Atkinson (24-1)       Till (34-2)                     Rankin (17)
Clarke (29-2)           Hegarty (30-4)
Whittle (18-1)          Toner (30-3)
Hird (17)                  Bore (17-2)

Sadly there's at.least 3 that would get into our.current squad.  I'd happily take Bennett hird and newey maybe even hegarty.  Possibly even Atkinson.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
Abdul19
March 4, 2018, 9:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
I'd take Butler

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
mariner91
March 4, 2018, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Sadly there's at.least 3 that would get into our.current squad.  I'd happily take Bennett hird and newey maybe even hegarty.  Possibly even Atkinson.

I'd definitely take Fenton, Newey, Bennett, Whittle, Bolland, Hunt and North over what we've got now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst GTFC team we've ever had?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.