Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst GTFC team we've ever had?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

Is this the worst GTFC team we've ever had?

This thread currently has 6,006 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
March 3, 2018, 8:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
My experience of watching town only goes back to the mid 90's but in those years I can't think of a time we've looked worse. The most passionless,spineless waste of space we've ever had the misfortune of paying to play for us. Even before that time I doubt we had a worse team surely?
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
March 3, 2018, 8:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
The first year conference team was dire except for Connell. I think the lot who took us out of the league tge first time were more lazy and spineless but probably more talented.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 48
Perkins
March 3, 2018, 8:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Well, I've been watching Town since the late 50,s and I can definitely say it's the worst group of players ever to pull on a town shirt. And I've seen some tripe during that time believe me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2018, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
In terms of spirit yes, in terms of leadership on the field yes I believe this is a group of players who in the main don’t give a sh1t about GTFC.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
ginnywings
March 3, 2018, 8:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
The first year conference team was dire except for Connell. I think the lot who took us out of the league tge first time were more lazy and spineless but probably more talented.

Yeah, was about to post something similar. I don't think League 2 is as strong now either, as it was in 2010. Most teams are mediocre, yet they are brushing us aside with ease.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
jonnyboy82
March 3, 2018, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quite simply yes.

Bunch of babies who clearly are not only excrement but don't have any pride or passion running through them.

15 games without a win and without any fight in em.

Some might think I'm bring harsh but this bunch don't have anything about them .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
MarinerMart
March 3, 2018, 8:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
Yes. And I have seen some rubbish since i started going in 68.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
TAGG
March 3, 2018, 8:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Yes

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 48
Bigdog
March 3, 2018, 8:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'm just hoping that MJ doesn't like playing with slow centre halves, who between them seem culpable for most of the goals we concede. They're not even old wise heads whose superb positioning makes up for a lack of pace. Both of them stepping up way beyond Mills trying to play offside today leaving their forward in line with our right back, they didn't even look along the line at all..

I'd prefer seeing Mills and Suliman as the pairing if Davies is fit and RHJ the other full back. Something radical has to happen in selecting the back four, I honestly think NC and DC are shot to pieces in mind and body, MJ may be better off getting the other four well drilled this week..

I'm also hoping that he sees that there isn't deft touch or a goal in Matt, Vernon and Hooper and goes with a front three of DJ, Vernam, Dembrele full of pace and creativity.. at least until Wilks and Jackson are fit..

Whichever central midfield three picked (I haven't got a preference out of a poor bunch, maybe Rose, Clifton and A N Other, to just win their battles, relax on the ball and keep it simple.

We really haven't got an embarrassment of riches for MJ to work with have we? I don't envy him..

If he can manage this lot to safety this season it will be a massive achievement to put on his CV..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
RoboCod
March 3, 2018, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Minus 23 goals at the start of March?? Yes, worst team ever, built by the worst manager ever, brought in by the worst non-chairman ever.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst GTFC team we've ever had?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.