3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikey_345
March 3, 2018, 4:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
Starting to wish he went with Slade. Today’s team selection was an absolute flipping disgrace!

How the hell are we meant to score, let alone win a game with 2 relatively immobile fowards and three of the most uncreative centre midfielders I’ve ever seen.

Zero pace, zero creativity (until Vernam came on far too late) and zero passion.

The scary thing is teams don’t have to get out of second gear to beat us at the minute.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
March 3, 2018, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Yes please do one Wilko.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2018, 4:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
I think if he's not adding value he'll be replaced next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
HackneyHaddock
March 3, 2018, 5:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Anyone who's seen any recent games, knows that Vernam is one of the few players with any creativity and has to start.

Wilkinson, thanks for your efforts, but your place in Grimsby Town history belongs on that grainy Everton cup match video, for which we're thankful, but certainly not within a million miles of a training ground or dugout.

I hope Jolley moves him out and puts his own stamp on the team.  He's seen our last three or four games so should be obvious what needs to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
oldun
March 3, 2018, 5:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I am concerned if it is true that Fenty has told MJ that Wilko will retain his job as assistant manager, Surely the new manager should decide who he wants alongside him, Maybe in the short term it makes some sense but certainly not beyond the end of the season. From what I have heard and read I cannot see how JW and Wilko can possibly work together, plus we need a clean sweep. Sorry Paul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
ginnywings
March 3, 2018, 5:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Four managers and two caretakers in less than 2 seasons. All the blame lies at the feet of the board for my money. They couldn't have handled our return to league football more badly if they had tried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
OllieGTFC
March 3, 2018, 5:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
So when Jolley picks his side next week, will you be tell him to do one ?

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
Grimbiggs
March 3, 2018, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from oldun
I am concerned if it is true that Fenty has told MJ that Wilko will retain his job as assistant manager, Surely the new manager should decide who he wants alongside him, Maybe in the short term it makes some sense but certainly not beyond the end of the season. From what I have heard and read I cannot see how JW and Wilko can possibly work together, plus we need a clean sweep. Sorry Paul.

Hopefully he can recruit a member of Burnley's backroom staff, they certainly know how to get results operating on a shoestring budget.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
Mikey_345
March 3, 2018, 5:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from OllieGTFC
So when Jolley picks his side next week, will you be tell him to do one ?

Difference is Wilkinson has been here and involved long enough to know, like all of us, what picking that team would result in. Nobody with any pace or offering any goal threat. We where told when Slade left that he understood there needed to be “a point of difference”.

I was always told by my late grandad; if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got!

I have been on of the most patient town fans out there. You’ll very rarely find me on here criticising managers. But like many others I’ve had enough now!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
BackHeelTony
March 3, 2018, 5:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
I think if Jolley goes to  the board in the summer and asks to bring his own staff in I can't see us keeping Wilko.

Not worth worrying about now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wilkinson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.