10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 13, 2018, 12:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Nothing more tedious than a gloating Imp. You weren't even on our radar when i was growing up watching the Mariners. We've been where you are now, and yeah, it's great while it lasts, so just go and enjoy it while you are on the up. We'll see you on your way down.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 95
Shilts
March 13, 2018, 1:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +121
Just rang the ticket office. Now sold out.

"Nothing says party like a retro Ciba Geigy Town shirt bobbing away on an inflatable flamingo."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 95
Jaws
March 13, 2018, 2:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11

Because?
Whats the point of dwelling on History, you sound like Liverpool fans - Its about what is happening now?
Wembley is irrelevant - Last time you were there the attendance was 17k..I couldn't give a  Monkeys about that.
As for luck, with our crowd increase, success - Again ridiculous - You could say that about Burton, Fleetwood, and many others - The difference is we have capitalised on our success, you haven't. And at the moment we are some distance in front in terms of plans, finances and team.

You've only been relevant for 12 months. Don't get ahead of yourselves.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 95
devs
March 13, 2018, 2:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Jaws - you concentrate on the present and the future cos you have no past
4 good seasons in 133 years - wow!

You cannot talk about the present or the future without including the past

On that basis the 1969 Moon landing is irrelevant when you consider where space technology is now - and 1969 is probably the greatest technical achievement of the 20th century... alongside Alan Buckley's style of football in the 80s and 90s, obviously.

If I'm being honest if Lincoln play well Saturday you could/should win easily but....

So get your footy almanac out and compare the two sides' history - then wind your neck in and make sure your armchair is suitable to get through the turnstiles along with about 4-5000 others on Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 95
nealeardleyscrossing
March 13, 2018, 2:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from devs
Jaws - you concentrate on the present and the future cos you have no past
4 good seasons in 133 years - wow!

You cannot talk about the present or the future without including the past

On that basis the 1969 Moon landing is irrelevant when you consider where space technology is now - and 1969 is probably the greatest technical achievement of the 20th century... alongside Alan Buckley's style of football in the 80s and 90s, obviously.

If I'm being honest if Lincoln play well Saturday you could/should win easily but....

So get your footy almanac out and compare the two sides' history - then wind your neck in and make sure your armchair is suitable to get through the turnstiles along with about 4-5000 others on Saturday

What Armchair - I have watched Lincoln for 40 years. Yes I agree your history is better. Brilliant - I get your analogy, you'd rather be Leeds than Burnley, Rather be Luton than Burton.

I have already said we aren't playing that great, but we are where we are. You could easily win, I am more than happy where we are after being in that hellhole for 6 years.7th is probably slightly above where we should be. But we do have good players, Can score goals and bar the odd blip have a very solid defence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 95
FishFan101
March 13, 2018, 2:52pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Managed to get 4 tickets, phew. Just under 1,700 seems a poor allocation. Didn't we get closer to 2,000 in the stacey west previously? Can anyone shed any light

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner <*//////><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 95
nealeardleyscrossing
March 13, 2018, 2:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from FishFan101
Managed to get 4 tickets, phew. Just under 1,700 seems a poor allocation. Didn't we get closer to 2,000 in the stacey west previously? Can anyone shed any light

Segregation in the SW, Historically would have been in the Co-Op stand, but that is all Season tickets really so only place is in the SW, meaning you get 300 less.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 95
devs
March 13, 2018, 3:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Apologies Nealeardleyscrossing - got my wires crossed in the thread!
Respect for being a genuine fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 95
Cayman_mariner
March 13, 2018, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from FishFan101

I believe we did mate, but they have some more fans now so don't need us to make sure their ground is full this year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 95
Ipswin
March 13, 2018, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Les Brechin

We took about 30k I think on our first visit in 1998 and then it was about 26k when we were back there a few weeks later.

FFS Les how much longer are we going to bang on about 1998, its 20 years ago, many of those following Lincoln now were either not born or too young to go to matches

We can't drone on about it forever, they are doing well whilst we are total shite, they are getting crowds we are not, they are making money we are not, they are possibly playoff bound we are not (far from it in fact) they got automatic promotion we did not, they consolidated after promotion we did not, they did not employ Slade.

They are currently in a better place than us and are in the ascendancy so they have bragging rights

Until Saturday...

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln ticket news

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.