Wrawby_Mariner
March 3, 2018, 9:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
It's a no from me.

Op Pro had the right team at the helm and the appetite to do it.

Sadly their is neither.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 10 - 15
RoboCod
March 3, 2018, 9:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Regardless of who we appointed it's a harsh and very unfair situation to find themselves in because, good contacts in the game or not, they can't bring anyone in. This keeps gnawing at me, the ridiculous time wasted on letting Slade run things, keeping him through the transfer window.
That man's mismanagement will haunt us for a while yet but I do feel Jolley is one of the better equipped managers in the running, he tweeted from BP so has seen and studied us, hopefully his tactical nous and nurturing of young players will bring a change in fortune.
It will be interesting to see how he spreads his playing budget (when available) but I'm hoping that he's the ideal candidate to deal with the here and now, and that is all about cutting your cloth accordingly, realising there isn't even any cloth and still firing the team up and the crowd.
I'm crossing everything on this

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
H19P1
March 3, 2018, 9:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Quoted from bedders78
I'd rather raise money to put a side on the pontoon to help the acoustics

Agreed leaving Fenty to bankroll the new manager without feeling embarrassed of fundraising.

However with no ground imminent, the sides on the pontoon would be a great idea imo.

Surly our preferred new build project managers Extreme could get this done by next season easily as we raise the funds.

They've been quite on all grounds and would be a nice gesture from them to get some much needed publicity showing then there still on board with all things GTFC.

If not Extreme then I'm sure the club could get quotes for the work at least to see how much it'll cost.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 3, 2018, 9:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from H19P1

Agreed leaving Fenty to bankroll the new manager without feeling embarrassed of fundraising.

However with no ground imminent, the sides on the pontoon would be a great idea imo.

Surly our preferred new build project managers Extreme could get this done by next season easily as we raise the funds.

They've been quite on all grounds and would be a nice gesture from them to get some much needed publicity showing then there still on board with all things GTFC.

If not Extreme then I'm sure the club could get quotes for the work at least to see how much it'll cost.

I would pin very few hopes on Extreme getting anything built ...... except their fees.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
moosey_club
March 3, 2018, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
The club will be very lucky to even get some season ticket money out of me next season never mind a penny more.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Cloudy
March 3, 2018, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
OP wasn’t really about money was it? Although the £100k+ sounded a lot and to those who put their hands in their wallets it was, but it wasn’t really.  I suppose you could say it made a profit as it paid for Bogle and we sold him on for a good fee. But it was more about fans wanting to be a part of the process and feeling they had a right to it. That is what the board and the manager found hard to take. It put great pressure on them to get results and achieve the aim. I think Hurst especially did not like that idea at all.

This time the answer from me would be no. The board has wasted the OPportunity by not investing on the field. I said at the time that in football you cannot stand still. If you try and ‘stabilise” in a division you are more likely to go down than up. So another OP would not receive from me the droppings off my nose end, or any other end for that matter. It is now down to the board to show how much they care about the club.

The point about Operation Promotion was the fans, for the first time in such a long time, felt a part of the club.

What Fenty resented was the fans feeling they were an integral part of HIS club.

Any normal business would have embraced the love shown and built upon it. Sadly Fenty choose to shun us and we are yet again staring relegation in the face because of his mis managemen.
How can he hold on to power?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lolly for Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.