3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
March 2, 2018, 7:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
I'm very pleased with the appointment of Jolley.

But I'm delighted about how the Board's statement talks about wanting to build a Club philosophy like what Dave Roberts spoke about on Cod Almighty the other day, bringing youth through, and that the appointment of Jolley is with a view to linking it all together.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
heppy88
March 2, 2018, 7:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Us fans need to get back and do what Grimsby fans do best. Lets show Jolley the reason why Town fans have such a great reputation. Maybee we can have some fun this season after all!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
chipsandgravy
March 2, 2018, 8:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Happy with this and indeed well done to the board. I desperately wanted an appointment that went some way to unifying the club because let's face it it couldn't get worse. I had fallen out of love with the club on so many fronts.
This at least goes some way to indeed (and fingers crossed) starting a new era. He's got my support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
jonnyboy82
March 2, 2018, 8:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
I genuinely am tickled pink .

Credit to the club for not appointing the same old been sacked 20 times manager , excited .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 2, 2018, 8:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
How many home games left?
I make it 5.

Now marketing people, let's get a 'til the end' season ticket on sale at £60 (adult) to show him that we're all behind him.

JF et al..... very well done on the appointment.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Tommy
March 2, 2018, 8:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Also, the board have been criticised for not carrying out due diligence in the past (Newell, Bignot).

So they appear to have ticked that box this time.

"We spoke extensively with those in the game who have worked with and come up against Michael. They all spoke about his obsession with understanding the psyche of his players, his opponents and responding in an agile way to effectively win football matches."

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
March 2, 2018, 8:27pm
Guest User
👏👏👏👏

Well done John Fenty
Reply: 16 - 21
GrimRob
March 2, 2018, 8:28pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
They had the right idea in Bignot. They made a good choice in Hurst too, especially the decision to go it alone with him. I think they were tempted to give the job to Wilko, it would have been an easy option, but they've managed to get someone who has made a name for himself through doing the job not because he used to be good at kicking a ball. Slade was an aberration, as was Buckley the third time round. Always look forwards, never back.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 21
Spatchcock
March 2, 2018, 8:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I make it 5.

Now marketing people, let's get a 'til the end' season ticket on sale at £60 (adult) to show him that we're all behind him.

Nah. I'm sure Mr Fenty can push the boat out and do £50 (£10 each for those sh!t at maths) for the last 5 games.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Cloudy
March 2, 2018, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I make it 5.

Think with the right noises coming out of the club and the desperately needed lift the appointment seems to have given the fans it would be great if people paid full price on the basis that every penny would go into Mike Jolley war chest for the summer
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit to the board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.