3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
March 2, 2018, 6:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
It's as simple as that really. Despite a lot of criticism from me included, they've made an exciting appointment and have surely brought the fans together. The statement was also a very positive one, and if we stay up, we could be dragging ourselves in the right direction. Still a long way to go this seaaon, but a step in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2018, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mariner93er
It's as simple as that really. Despite a lot of criticism from me included, they've made an exciting appointment and have surely brought the fans together. The statement was also a very positive one, and if we stay up, we could be dragging ourselves in the right direction. Still a long way to go this seaaon, but a step in the right direction.

Indeed. Credit to the board for looking beyond the obvious. Exciting as it seems, we need to stay up but the blame for relegation won't sit with him, it will still be down to Slade and the people who appointed him.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Vance Warner
March 2, 2018, 7:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Agree but it frustrates me that we're making a big deal of appointing a young up and coming manager when we signed a journeyman manager with a history of failure less than a year ago. Hopefully we've learnt our lesson now but then again I thought that about signing journeymen players when we left the conference.

Let's hope this appointment works out for all concerned and well done on the board for what looks like a sensible choice. However, the board has a long way to go to redeem itself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
fleabag1970
March 2, 2018, 7:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
If this guy gets the right support we will fly. Next problem will be hanging on to him . Very intelligent guy with a vast knowledge of the game .... any fans that slag the board off for this appointment may as well just go support  clee town .....

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Cloudy
March 2, 2018, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Credit from me too. Not a fan of John Fenty as some of you may have noticed(!) but I am happy with this appointment.

I fully accept that no manager comes with guarantees but feel happier with Jolley than I would have been with some of the journeymen mentioned. Good luck to him as it is going to be difficult to turn around this sinking ship but survive this season then there is a great opportunity to put his stamp on the team for next term
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
headingly_mariner
March 2, 2018, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Let's not get carried away. He's got a real job to do and it's a big gamble with our league status.
It's clear he wasn't first choice for the job. They haven't arrived at this decision through tireless and diligent searching. They've made a mess and they need him to dig us out of it. He can't bring any players in becuase the board sacked a manager directly after a window.

That said I'm pleased with the appointment however it was made. He's clearly a well thought of coach and he's going to need to be as tactically astute as people say he is. His tweet to the fans is a cracker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Grim up north
March 2, 2018, 7:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Let's not get carried away. He's got a real job to do and it's a big gamble with our league status.
It's clear he wasn't first choice for the job. They haven't arrived at this decision through tireless and diligent searching. They've made a mess and they need him to dig us out of it. He can't bring any players in becuase the board sacked a manager directly after a window.

That said I'm pleased with the appointment however it was made. He's clearly a well thought of coach and he's going to need to be as tactically astute as people say he is. His tweet to the fans is a cracker.

I'm not sure he wasn't first choice as no candidate really stuck out who we would go for . The two other front runners both had recent failures on their record and I'm sure the board will have looked at this . Jolley was the only candidate that gave anyone excitement and although it will prove to be either a turning point or a disaster the initial signs are as positive we've seen in many a while. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards. Gwon Town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 2, 2018, 7:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Grim up north

I'm not sure he wasn't first choice as no candidate really stuck out who we would go for . The two other front runners both had recent failures on their record and I'm sure the board will have looked at this . Jolley was the only candidate that gave anyone excitement and although it will prove to be either a turning point or a disaster the initial signs are as positive we've seen in many a while. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards. Gwon Town.

If Askey had given any sort of encouraging signs he would have been in charge last week. If Brown had given any sort of encouraging signs he would have been in charge the week before. Unless all that stuff about those two was a complete blind then clearly Jolley was not number one choice.

Nevertheless, neither was McMenemy. I don't mind what number he was as long as he gets us some points asap.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Grimal
March 2, 2018, 7:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Happy with this appointment,now all we need to do is get 100% behind him and the team until end of this season and push on from there.
UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Heisenberg
March 2, 2018, 7:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Indeed. Credit to the board for looking beyond the obvious. Exciting as it seems, we need to stay up but the blame for relegation won't sit with him, it will still be down to Slade and the people who appointed him.

Bang. F#cking. On.

UTM. Stay up at all costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit to the board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.