Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle Weather for Saturday!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 322 Guests

Carlisle Weather for Saturday!

This thread currently has 9,674 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner16
March 2, 2018, 6:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from GYinScuntland
All trains between Newcastle and Carlisle cancelled today, no bus replacement.
Expecting the same tomorrow.

Northern are on strike tomorrow anyway!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
GYinScuntland
March 2, 2018, 6:50pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Mariner16

Northern are on strike tomorrow anyway!

There's nearly a full service between Newcastle and Carlisle by all accounts. Just the weather to worry about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
jock dock tower
March 2, 2018, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
As it's on I'll be going on the trainf rom Dumfries. I certainly won't be going in the car, even though it's only 45 miles, roads are too treacherous for that.

I genuinely fear for the safety of the team and any fans who are preparing to travel, it simply isn't safe to do so. In fact it's downright dangerous and somebody from the club should be contacting the Football League and advising them that they have an over riding duty of care to all the clubs under their umbrella, and sending them off on such journeys is a dereliction of that duty.

Barralad. Should I take my wee parcel with me?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
ginnywings
March 2, 2018, 7:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Crazy decision, or non decision. We probably have one of the most treacherous journeys of any team this weekend. The league should have stepped in and taken the decision away from Carlisle and the ref. It may still be off anyway, and we'll have taken all that risk for nothing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
barralad
March 2, 2018, 7:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jock dock tower
As it's on I'll be going on the trainf rom Dumfries. I certainly won't be going in the car, even though it's only 45 miles, roads are too treacherous for that.

I genuinely fear for the safety of the team and any fans who are preparing to travel, it simply isn't safe to do so. In fact it's downright dangerous and somebody from the club should be contacting the Football League and advising them that they have an over riding duty of care to all the clubs under their umbrella, and sending them off on such journeys is a dereliction of that duty.

Barralad. Should I take my wee parcel with me?

I'm making my mind up in the morning mate. I'll message you in plenty of time...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
March 2, 2018, 7:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings
Crazy decision, or non decision. We probably have one of the most treacherous journeys of any team this weekend. The league should have stepped in and taken the decision away from Carlisle and the ref. It may still be off anyway, and we'll have taken all that risk for nothing.

It is a shocking decision.

You have the police and authorities telling everyone not to travel unless exceptional circumstances demand it and then expect the team and fans to travel.

The club should have appealed the decision - and as you say all it needs is a severe overnight frost or conditions around Brunton Park to be too treacherous and it could well be off anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
jock dock tower
March 2, 2018, 7:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Thing is, a local referee could deem it playable say at 9am, which would hardly give fans the opportunity to get there anyway, and it could get postpoend as conditions deteriorate further. If they leave earlier they face the possibility of a very long drive with possibly a postponement at the end of it.

I might be the Carlsile 1 tomorrow!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
Vance Warner
March 2, 2018, 8:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
All trains from Newcastle to Carlisle now cancelled!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2018, 8:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It wouldn't surprise me if the pitch gets frozen. Wouldn't they have been better off leaving the snow covering on until the morning?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
Malaga_Mariner
March 2, 2018, 9:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -2
Travelled up from Grimsby area today, with both A66 & M62 closed made a detour via Leeds Bradford Airport then up to M6 via Settle. Whilst journey took a little longer the roads were clear. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle Weather for Saturday!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.