1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Grim74
February 23, 2018, 9:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Big thumbs up people keep up the good work this stupid council are finally getting the message.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/weekly-recycling-rubbish-rounds-set-1252691

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
February 23, 2018, 12:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Here in Louth Tony there are fortnightly collections (one week general waste and the other week recycling waste) I haven’t seen any fly tipping here at all, the bins are much smaller here too, it just shows that fortnightly collections can work mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Ipswin
February 23, 2018, 12:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Here in Louth Tony there are fortnightly collections (one week general waste and the other week recycling waste) I haven’t seen any fly tipping here at all, the bins are much smaller here too, it just shows that fortnightly collections can work mate.

Depends on how many takeaway containers, chip wrapping, pizza boxes and beer bottles you have to dispose of I suppose

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
tintowner
February 23, 2018, 12:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
With the aid of a stepladder.......I actually get in the bin and jump up and down to compress the contents.

Its quite amazing just how much you can get in a bin by doing this..

Obviously, not everybody is capable of doing this and the health and safety police would strongly advise against it.

I am training my lad up to take over these duties when I get to the stage of being unable to negotiate the said ladders.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Grim74
February 23, 2018, 2:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I do a lot of driving around town Chris, day in day out and since the main collections went fortnightly there is more rubbish being blown around the town now then ever before, the streets are an absolute disgrace, you have a drive around the east marsh any day mate I'm here now and you will see it's worse than ever.

It seems to be a load of microwave meal packages pizza and kebab boxes so that doesn't help, people haven't got time to cook a decent meal it seems some places.

And then there's my mate he has four teenagers in is house and now that they only collect fortnightly he can't cope he has to drive to the tip every other week that can't be right! And now we are being told council tax going up.
and don't mention the pathetic little recycling boxes a gust of wind comes along and half the plastics down the street.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the fly tippers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.