davmariner
February 22, 2018, 3:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/freeview--john-fentys-plea/

Seems we’re no closer to employing a new man. Doesn’t know how long Wilko will be in charge.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gainsbro_Mariner
February 22, 2018, 3:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
It sounds like they are going to give it to Wilko until the end of the season.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
So now JF is going cap in hand to the fans who the club have treated pretty disgracefully. Perhaps Mr Marley should have gone and told last week's miscreants to 'Shut up'?

I'm not condoning the person or people who abused Scott Vernon and his family, not for one minute, but in life, what goes around, comes around and I just find it a bit rich when the board are now asking the fans for help.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 75
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Are we going to get one of these every week now until we actually win ?

Ok ... so its "one individual" who is a w@nker. I trust the club will be identifying him then and subsequently banning him.

Fans need to be nice inside BP and support the players.  Protest all you like outside or at the board but not at the players.

and the belly laugh.....

"there is no reason this team cant get 20 more points to ensure safety "                

FFS. Really John ?  

Firstly ...do you actually believe they can get 20 points ?  
Secondly ....do you actually believe it needs 20 more to ensure safety ? 10 would probably do i reckon ( and i cant see us even getting that many honestly).

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 75
LH
February 22, 2018, 4:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
Brilliant. No closer to a new manager despite the caretaker making no difference or changes to the team in his first game. The very next tweet Town sent was one saying the EFL have agreed to bring the transfer window closure in August forward three weeks thus giving a new manager appointed at the end of the season three weeks less to get his business done.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 75
jonnyboy82
February 22, 2018, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Same old chestnut .

Fans fault.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 75
darren9
February 22, 2018, 4:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Some points I’ve noticed;

Firstly. The statement issued yesterday ended “We will not be making any further comment at this time.”

If only that we’re true. There was no need to make this statement. If it were to cover the scott Vernan incident then a simple release saying they’ve looked into it and due to extreme provocation the club will not be taking any action and that the gesture was not aimed at the fans as an entirety but at a specific individual who was targeting the player.

I have been subjected to personal abuse due to my job and I agree that it is deplorable and fully understand why vernan made the gesture. I think we should move on from it now and put it to bed. But this is my personal opinion

The rest of the video is waffle of the highest order. Of course he doesn’t want protests. They’re protesting against him and his mates. He’s going to “plea” against isn’t he? But does he really think that this is going to solve the issue? If anything I’d suggest that it is just going to make it worse. Inside or outside BP or any other ground doesn’t matter does it? We’ve backed the club and the players we have and look where it’s got us. Can he really, truly expect that we’ll be clapping them for every shite touch, misplaced pass and bottled challenge? In any case we’re not protesting against them as individuals but complaining against the situation were in. I think that is understandable.

On the subject of a new manager. Well I maintain my stance that he’s hoping for some “footballing fortune” in the form of a fluked win so he can appoint Wilkinson either until the end of the season on one of those lovely 6 month rolling contracts.

I said earlier and I’ll say again there was no need to do this video.
Who is JF anyway? He’s not the chairman is he? If there is a statement it should come from the chairman. He wants all the power of chairman but spat his dummy out about being one long ago.
A dignified silence on all matters would have been better than this video which has done nothing but further antagonise the section of fans he was hoping to appease and to further stoke his massive ego.
As well as a new manager, team, ground, training facilities and owners one thing this club needs is a fully functioning PR department who could tell him what a bad idea this was.

As for the actual video. Well, it was poorly framed, badly lit and those making it couldn’t be bothered to turn their phones off.
One a plus point JFs shawl neck sweater was nicer than his roll neck/leather jacket combo at the fans forum so at least he can’t be pillioried for that and we’re moving forward in the building in that regard.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 75
darren9
February 22, 2018, 4:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Oh and I thought he could have at least had the decency to blame ITV digital again.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 75
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from LH
Brilliant. No closer to a new manager despite the caretaker making no difference or changes to the team in his first game. The very next tweet Town sent was one saying the EFL have agreed to bring the transfer window closure in August forward three weeks thus giving a new manager appointed at the end of the season three weeks less to get his business done.

He did make changes to be fair and for 18.5 minutes they were proving positive.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 75
realist
February 22, 2018, 4:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
A load of waffle as usual. I will be protesting against the board, Wilko, and any player that doesn't honour their shirt INSIDE the ground. If you don't like just SHUT UP because I am not listening anymore/

FENTY OUT FENTY OUT FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 75
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty’s plea to fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.